• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Johnson is staying at UT. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I so wanted to be rid of his Derek Smith ass.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
University of New Haven TE Mike Flacco will declare, according to Adam Caplan. Mike Flacco is Joe Flacco's brother.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Auburn redshirt sophomore LT Greg Robinson will declare for the NFL draft.

Robinson is young but really emerged this season as a mauling blocker in Gus Malzahn's offense. Credit needs to be given to ESPN's Mel Kiper for recognizing Robinson's talent very early in the season. The left tackle is a very good run blocker, but he could use some work in terms of posture and balance in pass protection. There is a legitimate chance Robinson is selected over Jake Matthews.
Source: Greg Robinson on Twitter

Jan 7 - 3:41 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oklahoma State WR Josh Stewart and Missouri RB Henry Josey both declared.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M Aggies has selected agent - ESPN

Multiple sources tell ESPN's Darren Rovell that Manziel has chosen Select Sports Group out of Houston to be his contract agency and LRMR, the firm run by LeBron James' business partner Maverick Carter, to do his marketing. It is unclear whether he has signed a deal with either firm. Calls placed to SSG and Carter were not immediately returned.

Ugh! Just one more reason why he'll continue to annoy me.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timmy Jernigan - DL - Seminoles

ESPN's Chris Sprow believes Florida State junior DT Timmy Jernigan has a legitimate case to be a top 10 pick in May's draft.

"Hard to see Timmy Jernigan falling past the top 10 if this tape is his final case," Sprow tweeted, referencing the fact that Jernigan still has to declare his intentions to leave school. There is no doubting Jernigan's performance on the biggest stage, as he made a large number of solid plays in the national championship. There is still a long way to go in the evaluation process. For example, the first defensive tackle was selected at pick No. 13 last April.
Source: Chris Sprow on Twitter

Jan 7 - 11:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid is a beast for real:

Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believes Auburn redshirt sophomore LT Greg Robinson was the most dominant player in the BCS National Championship.

"In the run game, he has a lethal combination of quickness, strength and agility," Jeremiah writes. "...In pass protection, he has very quick feet and strong hands." Robinson was called by one holding penalty and did display a few instances of waist bending, but there is no doubting that NFL evaluators are salivating over his ceiling. There is a chance Robinson passes Jake Matthews as the top tackle.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 7 - 12:21 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timmy Jernigan - DL - Seminoles

Florida State junior DT Timmy Jernigan played "a whale of a game until he gassed out," in the national championship, wrote NFL.com's Charles Davis.

"NFL teams will look at that one of two ways, depending on the team," wrote Davis. "Some will look at it as a red flag about his conditioning. Others will say, 'We run a rotation and guys will be coming in and out anyway.' I thought he did a nice job setting the tone and making it tougher to run inside than what Auburn is used to facing. He used his hands really well, too." Jernigan will be a first-round pick if he declares early for the NFL draft.
Source: NFL.com

Jan 7 - 8:02 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glenn Guilbeau:

JEREMY HILL: The redshirt soph. TB is expected to have a press conference on Monday to announce that he will not enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The 2014 draft is looking a lot like the 2013 draft & the 2010 draft to me. This is good news. What do I mean? There aren't a lot of players for whom I'd want to make a big trade up, but there are a ton of players who will be there in the 2nd & 3rd rounds who I think could help significantly.

If the Niners trade way up it'd better be for Clowney, Lee, Watkins, Nix or Hageman. Period. (Unless some surprise player(s) enter the draft & shake things up).

Guys like Anthony Johnson, Lamarcus Joyner, Bradley Roby, Dominique Easley, the Florida CBs, Jason Verrett, Stephon Tuitt, Donte Moncrief, Odell Beckham, & Jarvis Landry look like they might be there in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I think any of these guys can become huge contributors. Again, this is good news 'cause the Niners have a bunch of picks in that range.

I really wish there some great center prospects in this upcoming draft, but it doesn't look like interiour OL is going to be a strong position after an insanely strong interiour OL draft last year. I'd be willing to pay up for Alex Mack if the Browns don't tag him. That'd be one of the best OLs of all time. This is assuming the coaching staff isn't extremely enamoured with Joe Looney or Kilgore all of a sudden of course.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2014 draft is looking a lot like the 2013 draft & the 2010 draft to me. This is good news. What do I mean? There aren't a lot of players for whom I'd want to make a big trade up, but there are a ton of players who will be there in the 2nd & 3rd rounds who I think could help significantly.

If the Niners trade way up it'd better be for Clowney, Lee, Watkins, Nix or Hageman. Period. (Unless some surprise player(s) enter the draft & shake things up).

Guys like Anthony Johnson, Lamarcus Joyner, Bradley Roby, Dominique Easley, the Florida CBs, Jason Verrett, Stephon Tuitt, Donte Moncrief, Odell Beckham, & Jarvis Landry look like they might be there in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. I think any of these guys can become huge contributors. Again, this is good news 'cause the Niners have a bunch of picks in that range.

I really wish there some great center prospects in this upcoming draft, but it doesn't look like interiour OL is going to be a strong position after an insanely strong interiour OL draft last year. I'd be willing to pay up for Alex Mack if the Browns don't tag him. That'd be one of the best OLs of all time. This is assuming the coaching staff isn't extremely enamoured with Joe Looney or Kilgore all of a sudden of course.

Hageman is the answer my friend. :yahoo:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams get Clowney, like many are predicting, that defensive front is going to be fierce!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RE: Alex Mack

While I would like Mack here, however I'm not sure if I would pay up that will deter the likes of resigning Iupati and/or Boone in our OL alone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
RE: Alex Mack

While I would like Mack here, however I'm not sure if I would pay up that will deter the likes of resigning Iupati and/or Boone in our OL alone.

It'd be a hell of a lot of money devoted to the OL. The point wasn't about Mack specifically; I was really trying to articulate how enormous of a need center is IMO. I think it's the single biggest need on the team this offseason, and I'd be willing to pay big money to fill it.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rashad Greene - WR - Seminoles

Florida State junior WR Rashad Greene and junior T Cameron Erving will return for the 2014 season.

This is huge news for Jameis Winston, as Greene is his most reliable receiver and Erving has started for the Noles at left tackle for the last two seasons. Greene specializes in yards after the catch and likely would have been a second day selection. Erving projected to the same area.
Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Jan 8 - 8:39 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Irving is smart. This tackle class is obscene. One of the best I've ever seen.

The best even? :noidea:

Greene going back is surprising. He's got skills.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bama's OC is leaving to become OC at Michigan. I instantly thought Kiffin would get a look and sure enough he might interview today.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Bama's OC is leaving to become OC at Michigan. I instantly thought Kiffin would get a look and sure enough he might interview today.

Didn't he just accept a WR coach job with an NFL team?

If this is true Kiffin just keeps climbing the ladder as one of the douchier people in the NFL.