• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be a hell of a lot of money devoted to the OL. The point wasn't about Mack specifically; I was really trying to articulate how enormous of a need center is IMO. I think it's the single biggest need on the team this offseason, and I'd be willing to pay big money to fill it.

I agree C is a huge need after this run cause I think Goodwin is ready to hang em up...

I think we can fill the C position without shelling out the big cash IMO. Whether its FA pickup, trade or draft... I don't think we need to put so much $ into the C when we have the LG n soon RG players to re-up.

Now do I have C as the biggest need this offseason... not really... I have other positions in mind but C isn't far from the top.

a quick rank from me would be: Deep threat WR(i believe Crabtree is legit 1), NT, CB C....

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree C is a huge need after this run cause I think Goodwin is ready to hang em up...

I think we can fill the C position without shelling out the big cash IMO. Whether its FA pickup, trade or draft... I don't think we need to put so much $ into the C when we have the LG n soon RG players to re-up.

Now do I have C as the biggest need this offseason... not really... I have other positions in mind but C isn't far from the top.

a quick rank from me would be: Deep threat WR(i believe Crabtree is legit 1), NT, CB C....

Tyler Larsen is a c to watch out for, from Utah St. He' playing in the East -West game (I think). He'll be there in the 4th worstcase. He could be a steal.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adrian Hubbard - LB - Crimson Tide

Alabama redshirt junior OLB Adrian Hubbard received a second- to fourth-round grade from the NFL's draft advisory board.

Hubbard declared for the draft on Thursday. We like Hubbard's 6-foot-5, 252-pound frame, but he's been a disappointment the past two years. He recorded only 31 tackles and three sacks in 12 games this past season. Hubbard could very well blow scouts away during the evaluation process and shoot up draft boards, but we wouldn't take him prior to the middle rounds.
Source: Andrew Gribble on Twitter

Jan 9 - 8:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeoffrey Pagan - DL - Crimson Tide

Alabama junior DL Jeoffrey Pagan received a third-round grade from the NFL's draft advisory board.

On Thursday, Pagan joined teammates Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Cyrus Kouandjio and Adrian Hubbard in declaring for the NFL draft. It was a surprising decision from a prospect that hasn't been discussed much by experts. Pagan said he would have returned to Alabama for another year if his projection had been lower than the fourth round.
Source: Andrew Gribble on Twitter

Jan 9 - 8:28 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Braxton Miller - QB - Buckeyes

Ohio State junior QB Braxton Miller will return to school for his senior season, according to his father.

Miller's meeting with Buckeyes coach Urban Meyer on Thursday went well, so he informed the coach that he'll be sticking around for another campaign. Although Miller missed almost three full games due to a sprained knee, he threw for 2,094 yards and ran for 1,068 yards in 2013. The Columbus Dispatch reported that Miller was given a mid- to late-round selection from the NFL's advisory board.
Source: Columbus Dispatch

Jan 9 - 7:22 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tre Mason - RB - Tigers

Auburn junior RB Tre Mason will declare for the NFL draft.

Mason was the focal point of Gus Malzahn's rushing attack all season and displayed an ability to break first contact, find creases in the line, and fall forward for extra yards. We doubt he has the talent to enter the top-40 picks, but Mason should be a third-round pick at worst. The running back added that is where the NFL Draft Advisory board projected him. He has run well for two seasons now.
Source: Joel Erickson on Twiter

Jan 9 - 2:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Timmy Jernigan - DL - Seminoles

LSU junior DT Timmy Jernigan has declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Jernigan put forward an outstanding performance in the school's National Championship win, however, some might focus on his fatigue at the end of the game. There aren't a large number of interior defensive line prospects at the top of the draft, but we doubt Jernigan can eclipse the top 20 selections.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

Jan 9 - 12:24 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please Lord let them be stupid enough to pass up on Jadeveon. I don't want no part of this guy playing in the NFC, let alone in our division:

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Player

Rams GM Les Snead strongly hinted the Rams are willing to trade back from the No. 2 spot in May's draft.

"I think the (phone lines) are always open," Snead said Thursday. However, Snead suggested the Rams wouldn't make a move just for the sake of doing so. "You've always got to prepare for: What if you're there and nobody wants to trade? What if you actually want to take a player? I think it just helps you thoroughly prepare." With the Rams one of the few teams in the league without a pressing need for a player like South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney — and apparently content at quarterback — it would be stunning if they held put at No. 2.
Source: ESPN.com

Jan 9 - 7:37 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he just accept a WR coach job with an NFL team?

If this is true Kiffin just keeps climbing the ladder as one of the douchier people in the NFL.

You are thinking of that other sack of shit who replaced Kiffin at UT, Derek Dooley. He got canned and became the WR coach with the Cowboys.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's my first this guy VS that guy question.

Stephon Tuitt or Anthony Johnson. Whom would you rather have on the Niners if those are the only 2 options?

At this point I'm leaning towards Tuitt. He's one of my favourite prospects in the draft at this point. He's been ranked anywhere from the late 1st round to the 2nd. That's really good value IMO.

I like Anthony Johnson too though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my first this guy VS that guy question.

Stephon Tuitt or Anthony Johnson. Whom would you rather have on the Niners if those are the only 2 options?

At this point I'm leaning towards Tuitt. He's one of my favourite prospects in the draft at this point. He's been ranked anywhere from the late 1st round to the 2nd. That's really good value IMO.

I like Anthony Johnson too though.

I'll play!!!

Tuitt for me but I dont think the comparison or matchup is fair.... Tuitt trumps Johnson IMO...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Lame Kiffin is officially the new OC at Bama

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's too bad the Niners don't need an OLB because Jackson Jeffcoat would be a tempting player to look into. He's not getting a ton of hype coming off of that injury, but the dude can play. He went from being overrated last year to underrated this year IMO. Seems like a high-character guy too.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benjamin is one that really really really intrigues me! He is a huge, athletic receiver but needs some polishing. They are comparing his skillset to Calvin Johnson's for goodness sake but I'd have to see that to believe it. We'll see how he tests at the combine, but he is one that I would want to take a look at in the 1st round, however if he kills it at the combine then he could shoot up the draft boards.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin to Bama could make those guys extremely scary. He is a very good offensive coach and could make that offense very explosive. With a Defense like they have, they could be a very scary team. We will see how their new QB steps up.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm starting to really like the prospect of Lamarcus Joyner on the Niners next season. It's not that I think he's a future all-pro' or anything; it's that the Niners are going to need a starter at CB IMO (maybe 2). And Joyner is about as polished a CB as you're ever going to find. He's ready to play I the NFL right now IMO.

Some used to look at him as a FS prospect; I'm not so sure. I think he's better off at CB just like Tyrann Mathieu. He simply isn't big enough to play safety IMO.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm starting to really like the prospect of Lamarcus Joyner on the Niners next season. It's not that I think he's a future all-pro' or anything; it's that the Niners are going to need a starter at CB IMO (maybe 2). And Joyner is about as polished a CB as you're ever going to find. He's ready to play I the NFL right now IMO.

Some used to look at him as a FS prospect; I'm not so sure. I think he's better off at CB just like Tyrann Mathieu. He simply isn't big enough to play safety IMO.

CBs are going to be so deep next year, no point going after a big name like Joyner.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
CBs are going to be so deep next year, no point going after a big name like Joyner.

Next year? You mean the 2015 draft? What does that have to do with their offseason moves his year?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Next year? You mean the 2015 draft? What does that have to do with their offseason moves his year?

Was thinking in college football seasons because I skimmed over it. Eh, to Joyner, want to see him at one of the all star games before giving him a definitive "No".

Did anyone see that PFF gave Desmond Trufant DROY? They justified it because he did decent at a position more 1st year players struggle in. I called the guy a bust coming in, ATL's secondary was a huge weakness on the team. Trufant had 15 PDs, 2 INTs, 1 FF, is a horrible tackler. The PDs are all right, but PFF who is paying you to write that article?