• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Colt Lyerla - TE - Ducks

Former Oregon junior TE Colt Lyerla pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of cocaine on Friday.

Lyerla was then sentenced to 24 months of probation, 10 days in jail and 40 hours of community service, according to the Oregonian. He will attend a treatment program and submit random drug tests. We would be surprised if Lyerla is drafted despite having top-50 talent.
Source: Oregon Live

Dec 28 - 11:33 AM

Part of me says that I want no part of this kid, but he's a special talent and we have tons of picks we can gamble with in this upcoming draft. I would invest one of our 7th round picks on him (we have four of them) - and then use the entire 2014 season getting him cleaned (not football related injury reserve list). In 2015, we would know where we stand with Vance McDonald and if he doesn't pan out I would demote him and give his TE position job to this kid Lyerla.

49ers 2014 Draft Picks:

1. Round 1 - own
2. Round 2 - Chiefs (Alex Smith trade - was a 3, improved to Round 2 b/c Chiefs won 8 games)
3. Round 2 - own
4. Round 3 - own
5. Round 3 - Titans (trade down for Carradine)
6. Round 4 - own
7. Round 5 - own
8. Round 6 - own
9. Round 7 - own
10. Round 7 - Panthers (Colin Jones trade)
11. Round 7 - Saints (Parys Haralson trade)
12. Round 7 - Colts (Cam Johnson trade)
13. Compensation pick - Dashon Goldson loss (3rd or 4th round)

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bishop Sankey - RB - Huskies

Washington junior RB Bishop Sankey rushed for 95 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries in the school's 31-16 win over BYU.

Sankey has been a productive runner all season, rushing for 1,870 yards and 20 touchdowns on 327 carries. He received a third-round grade form the NFL Draft Advisory Board, and with Washington changing coaching staffs we would not be surprised if Sankey jumps to the NFL. He does not shine in any one area.

Dec 28 - 10:26 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw a great portion of this game last night, and this kid was beasting it. You can tell he belongs in the league. You can tell that he's a strong dude. Reminds me of Delanie Walker but not quite as fast. I think his stock is going to shoot up and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends up being a 3rd round pick:

Gator Hoskins - TE - Thundering Herd

Marshall senior TE Gator Hoskins caught six passes for 104 yards and two touchdowns in the school's 31-20 win over Maryland.

Hoskins is a very intriguing Joker/H-back talent in the mold of Charles Clay. We don't see him as a traditional inline tight end, but expect teams to move Hoskins around the formation. The senior recorded 50 catches for 821 yards and 15 touchdowns this year.

Dec 28 - 11:07 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I added the ones that were mentioned before, and here's few more:

USC TE Randall Telfer will return to school.
Michigan DE Frank Clark will return to school
Nebraska DE Randy Gregory will return to school.

Wyoming QB Brett Smith has declared.
SDSU RB Adam Muema has declared
Syracuse RB Jerome Smith has declared
New Mexico St. WR Austin Franklin has declared.
Utah TE Jake Murphy has declared.
California TE Richard Rodgers has declared.
USC C Marcus Martin has declared.
Boise St. DE Demarcus Lawrence has declared.
USF DE Aaron Lynch has declared.
California CB Kameron Jackson has declared.
WKU S Jonathan Dowling had declared.

Declared / Expected to Declare

QBs:
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
Brett Smith, Wyoming

RBs:
Alfred Blue, LSU
Isaiah Crowell, Alabama St.
Jeremy Hill, LSU
Storm Johnson, UCF
Adam Muema, SDSU
Jerome Smith, Syracuse

WRs:
Davante Adams, Fresno St.
Odell Beckham, LSU
Chris Boyd, Vanderbilt
Brandon Coleman, Rutgers
Austin Franklin, New Mexico St.
Jarvis Landry, LSU
Paul Richardson, Colorado

TEs:
Eric Ebron, North Carolina
Colt Lyerla, Oregon
Jake Murphy, Utah
Richard Rodgers, California

OL:
Marcus Martin, C, USC
Antonio Richardson, OT Tennessee

DL:
Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
Dominique Easley, Florida
Demarcus Lawrence, Boise St.
Aaron Lynch, USF
Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina

LBs:

CBs:
Victor Hampton, South Carolina
Kameron Jackson, California
Louchiez Purifoy, Florida
Bradley Roby, Ohio St.

S:
Dion Bailey, USC
Jonathan Dowling, WKU

Returning / Expected to Return

QBs:
Marcus Mariota, Oregon
Bryce Petty, Baylor

RBs:
Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin

WRs:
Austin Hill, WR, Arizona

TEs:
Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
Randall Telfer, USC

OL:
Hroniss Grasu, Oregon

DL:
Frank Clark, Michigan
Randy Gregory, Nebraska
Danny Shelton, Washington

LBs:

CBs:

S:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few thoughts:

- Adam Muema is REALLY intriguing as a mid round developmental type RB.

- Brett Smith adds something to this QB class. He's got some nice tools, and he'll go a lot
higher than a lot of people think. In the right system, I think he can develop into something.

- Melvin Gordon going back adds to an already LOADED RB class next year. Sheesh.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw a great portion of this game last night, and this kid was beasting it. You can tell he belongs in the league. You can tell that he's a strong dude. Reminds me of Delanie Walker but not quite as fast. I think his stock is going to shoot up and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ends up being a 3rd round pick:

Gator Hoskins - TE - Thundering Herd

Marshall senior TE Gator Hoskins caught six passes for 104 yards and two touchdowns in the school's 31-20 win over Maryland.

Hoskins is a very intriguing Joker/H-back talent in the mold of Charles Clay. We don't see him as a traditional inline tight end, but expect teams to move Hoskins around the formation. The senior recorded 50 catches for 821 yards and 15 touchdowns this year.

Dec 28 - 11:07 AM

I have two friends that go to Marshall, next time I see them I'm definitely going to ask them about Hoskins. I was thinking the same thing, Charles Clay.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt Lyerla - TE - Ducks

Former Oregon junior TE Colt Lyerla pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of cocaine on Friday.

Lyerla was then sentenced to 24 months of probation, 10 days in jail and 40 hours of community service, according to the Oregonian. He will attend a treatment program and submit random drug tests. We would be surprised if Lyerla is drafted despite having top-50 talent.
Source: Oregon Live

Dec 28 - 11:33 AM

Part of me says that I want no part of this kid, but he's a special talent and we have tons of picks we can gamble with in this upcoming draft. I would invest one of our 7th round picks on him (we have four of them) - and then use the entire 2014 season getting him cleaned (not football related injury reserve list). In 2015, we would know where we stand with Vance McDonald and if he doesn't pan out I would demote him and give his TE position job to this kid Lyerla.

49ers 2014 Draft Picks:

1. Round 1 - own
2. Round 2 - Chiefs (Alex Smith trade - was a 3, improved to Round 2 b/c Chiefs won 8 games)
3. Round 2 - own
4. Round 3 - own
5. Round 3 - Titans (trade down for Carradine)
6. Round 4 - own
7. Round 5 - own
8. Round 6 - own
9. Round 7 - own
10. Round 7 - Panthers (Colin Jones trade)
11. Round 7 - Saints (Parys Haralson trade)
12. Round 7 - Colts (Cam Johnson trade)
13. Compensation pick - Dashon Goldson loss (3rd or 4th round)

I see so much of Rob Gronkowski in this kid (hopefully minus the injuries). He has the type of talent (if his head is straight) that could make Balke not bring Davis back when his deal is up in 2016.

We have to take a flier on him.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peter King talked to Les Snead and he said the Rams would like to move down from that 2nd overall pick (via Washington). No shocker there that Snead is already putting that statement out there. I'm just posting it for historical purposes.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peter King talked to Les Snead and he said the Rams would like to move down from that 2nd overall pick (via Washington). No shocker there that Snead is already putting that statement out there. I'm just posting it for historical purposes.

I wonder if they would listen to our offer?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, i know.... but thats the only guy i can think of...

no 34 DE potential?

He COULD theoretically, but why would you? The guy is poised to be a stud pass-rusher in the 4-3 in the mold of Mario Williams and Julius Peppers. You're not maximizing your value if you put him at 5-tech.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He COULD theoretically, but why would you? The guy is poised to be a stud pass-rusher in the 4-3 in the mold of Mario Williams and Julius Peppers. You're not maximizing your value if you put him at 5-tech.

Yeah... thats right on... its about maximizing...

I need to compare his size to JJ Watt, see if theres anything close

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, no thanks. We have 4 LBs that are pro bowl caliber already. Talk about overkill.

With all due respect, I still wouldn't give a rat's a$$. I would draft him at that spot. It's not like Vic is not innovative enough to put all 5 LBs on the field at the same damn time. We can run a variety of plays in a 4 man fronts putting both he and Aldon at the end spots. Brooks, Willis, and Bowman as our LBs. Why are we thinking in a small scale - Giants have proven over the years that you cannot have enough pass rushers. Seahawks is proving that to be the truth this year as well.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bishop Sankey - RB - Huskies

Washington junior RB Bishop Sankey declared for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Sankey rushed for 95 yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries in his last collegiate game, Friday's bowl victory over BYU. He rushed for 1,870 yards and 20 touchdowns on 327 carries in 2013. Sankey received a third-round grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board. He doesn't possess any elite attributes, but Sankey is a solid receiving back who runs with good patience and vision. He should be a productive platoon back at the next level and we expect his name to be called on the draft's second day.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

Dec 30 - 7:31 PM