• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo, if you could the profile of Deon Bucanon from WSU. He's the best ss out there, as well as a perfect fit for us in the 2nd round.:suds:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bingo, if you could the profile of Deone Bucannon from WSU. He's the best ss out there, as well as a perfect fit for us in the 2nd round.:suds:

I kept an eye on him the last few weeks. He definitely makes some splash plays, in both the run and pass game. Haven't really seen enough to comment beyond that, but I definitely like what I've seen so far.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bingo, if you could the profile of Deon Bucanon from WSU. He's the best ss out there, as well as a perfect fit for us in the 2nd round.:suds:

I haven't seen a lot of WSU games this year. I don't even think I watched more than 2 games in 2013, and they weren't even a full "4 quarters" game (besides the game played earlier today). Nonetheless, I still know more than enough about him to form opinion… The reason for this because last year I spent a lot of time watching their games (I loved watching Marquess Wilson play) and he stood out without a doubt on defense.

As a result of watching a lot of his their games due to my interest in his former teammate, that gave me the opportunity to see the type of skill he has on the opposite side of the ball. He has a lot of range and has a knack to play the ball extremely well in the air. He reminds me a lot of Baccari Rambo in that regard. He has tremendous range like our very own Eric Reid but without the consistent physicalness you would want from the safety position. Yeah I know he has made 1 or 2 spectacular "Oooh Hits" on a given season, but he really doesn't have it in him IMO (he will not pose any fear to a WR preventing them from going across the middle). He's more than a tackler than he is a hitter, people rave about his so called big hitting ability only because of one or 2 memorable hits that he had delivered on national televised games. Honestly though, he is not that physical based on what I remembered seeing of him. A fine tackler though who knows how to get an angle on a player…

With all that said, I am not quite sure if he would be an immediate upgrade over Hitner at this point. Hitner is much faster, though he is able to play the ball better in the air than Hitner. I remember Hitner had ran a 4.4 or 4.3 which helped him to get drafted by the Bills in the first round. I wouldn't be comfortable drafting Buchanon in the 2nd round at all. He's not the type of safety that is going to run down a RB or WR in the open field. He compensates for his lack of speed by developing great instincts to be in the right position almost every time (Ints, pass defensed / break ups, etc.). I admire his range but I don't think he brings enough to be selected in the 2nd round IMO.

The safety class this year is not good, but it's okay/average. A lot of guys who if need be you can plug in to become a starter by mid season once they pick up the scheme and fully adapt to the speed of the game (Reynolds, both of the safeties from Louisville program, Eric Reid's former teammate Loston, etc.). I would much rather go with Hitner in 2014, if we cut him I would want to move Eric Reid to strong safety and then draft a guy like Kurtis Drummond in the later rounds to play the free safety position. I wouldn't address our safety position until the 4th round.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, whoever gets him in the 2nd round will be getting themselves a steal. He is much better than our 2013 second round TE. I know the Seattle scouts have been scouting this kid forever now being that he plays college ball right in their backyard.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Huskies

Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins received a second-round projection from the NFL Draft Advisory Board, according to Fox Sports' Ross Jones.

Expect Seferian-Jenkins to leave following this season. The second-round projection is not a surprise, as Seferian-Jenkins might not have the flash of Eric Ebron or Jace Amaro, but he can be a very solid player in the NFL.
Source: Fox Sports

Dec 21 - 4:48 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@AdamShefter

Bill O'Brien's amended contract shows he reduced the price of an NFL buyout from $19.33 million last year to $6.48 million for this year.

One Penn State official said Bill O’Brien’s rep recently approached the school about potential reducing his NFL buyout even further.

He will be another Billy B. Bust as a coach in the NFL

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Introducting Adrian Amos

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bishop Sankey - RB - Huskies

Washington junior RB Bishop Sankey received a third-round projection from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

"It’s pretty much what I expected," Sankey said. "I’m going to talk to coach (Chris) Petersen and to my family after the bowl game and make a decision." With Melvin Gordon III staying in school, many backs have an argument for being the top running back in the class, Sankey included.
Source: The Seattle Times

Dec 24 - 12:27 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dion Bailey - DB - Trojans

USC redshirt junior S/LB Dion Bailey declared for the NFL Draft.

Bailey will graduate from school in the coming weeks, and after holding a starting spot for the last three seasons there is very little for him to prove. Bailey could fill the hybrid defensive role NFL teams' might covet in this years draft. He has experience at safety and smaller linebacker, which is a role growing in importance at the pro level.
Source: LA Times

Dec 24 - 10:03 AM

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ey guys so I am an aspiring sports journalist. Write about the NFL, MLB, but more specifically NFL Draft. If interested here is my 3-Round Mock Draft

http://
edraft
.com/nfl/news/
2014-nfl-mock-draft-full-three-round-week-17-edition/

I realize it's early, players can still return to school/declare. I also don't really intend my mock drafts to be on the money, just like a prediction for how the real draft will go, because as many draft writers will tell you, it's a crapshoot.

Appreciate any support. Thank You!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is gonna sound weird, but I believe the Niners need to spend a high-ish pick this year on an offensive tackle. Why? The OT class this year is just so insanely deep there's just gonna be too much value there not to take one of these guys.

Maybe take a tackle & see if he can start out playing center. I know it's not an ideal switch; guards are probably more adept at playing inside than tackles are, but the Niners really need a C & there is a gluttony of OLT talent. Maybe move him outside if they feel like they can get good trade value for Anthony Davis in a year or 2 or if Joe Staley starts to slow down (I doubt he will; he'll only be 30 next year).

The best way to avoid a salary-cap bubble with so many guys who will get huge money like Kap, Iupati & Aldon is to find good value in the draft at expensive positions on the Niners' roster like w/ Brooks, Anthony Davis, Rogers & others. Kap, Iupati & Aldon are must-keep players IMO.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDonald's contract must be running out soon, I would think adding a 3-4 DE in the top 2 rounds would be a big need. I would try to resign Boldin at WR and extend Crabtree.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ray Mac's contract goes through the 2015 season. Justin Smith might need to be replaced sooner than he (I hope not).

DL is absolutely a need too. CB & DL need to be the top priorities in the draft (even over WR). I say go w/ a guy like Moncrief who won't be taken extremely high & spend the top picks on CB & DL. Right now Bradley Roby & Dominique Easley are the guys I want, we'll have to see how the draft is gonna shape up closer to April. If a stud OL drops, however, (especially one who can play C) then I think it'd be a good idea to take advantage.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Mac's contract goes through the 2015 season. Justin Smith might need to be replaced sooner than he (I hope not).

DL is absolutely a need too. CB & DL need to be the top priorities in the draft (even over WR). I say go w/ a guy like Moncrief who won't be taken extremely high & spend the top picks on CB & DL. Right now Bradley Roby & Dominique Easley are the guys I want, we'll have to see how the draft is gonna shape up closer to April. If a stud OL drops, however, (especially one who can play C) then I think it'd be a good idea to take advantage.

I would rather have Smith back at the right price and draft a guy early to replace McDonald and let Tank develop or replace McDonald with Tank. They do need a CB I'm just not sure that a great one will be available when they are picking, they'll probably need to draft a guy and develop him or find out what PED's Carroll is peddling and just sign an undrafted rookie and give him the cocktail.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also man can Tyler Boyd play but he's a true freshman so it will be a few years before he enters the draft.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davante Adams - WR - Player

DraftInsider.net's Tony Pauline reports Fresno State redshirt sophomore WR Davante Adams will declare for the NFL draft.

Per Pauline, Adams has signed with an agent, ending his amateurism. A 6-foot-2, 200-pound outside receiver, Adams thrived catching passes from likely first-round QB Derek Carr this season, making an eye-popping 131 grabs for 1,718 yards and 24 touchdowns. Adams excels at adding yards after the catch, and high-pointing passes. Rotoworld's Josh Norris believes Adams has a legit chance to go in the first two rounds.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Dec 26 - 8:34 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davante Adams - WR - Bulldogs

Fresno State redshirt sophomore WR Davante Adams will declare for the NFL draft.

A strong receiver class just got stronger. Adams does nice work in the slot and impresses with his footwork after the catch. He can elevate and snatch the ball at its highest point, an important trait for an NFL receiver to possess. Adams benefited from working with quarterback Derek Carr in college, and both will be playing on Sundays next season. Adams leads the nation in receptions (131), receiving yards (1,718) and receiving touchdowns (24). He received a third-round grade from the NFL draft advisory board, but could work his way into the draft's second day.
Source: CBS Sports

Dec 26 - 9:05 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is the guy I want to replace Whitner. I'm a big fan.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also man can Tyler Boyd play but he's a true freshman so it will be a few years before he enters the draft.

Ugh, you just reminded me of my disappointment when he didn't sign with the Vols. Fuck goes on to have a great season too, damn.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Davante Adams - WR - Player

DraftInsider.net's Tony Pauline reports Fresno State redshirt sophomore WR Davante Adams will declare for the NFL draft.

Per Pauline, Adams has signed with an agent, ending his amateurism. A 6-foot-2, 200-pound outside receiver, Adams thrived catching passes from likely first-round QB Derek Carr this season, making an eye-popping 131 grabs for 1,718 yards and 24 touchdowns. Adams excels at adding yards after the catch, and high-pointing passes. Rotoworld's Josh Norris believes Adams has a legit chance to go in the first two rounds.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Dec 26 - 8:34 PM

how fast is this guy? Would he be available with either of our second rounders? Seems like a size replacement for Cashtree.. a little bit lighter, but also a little bit taller.

sidenote.. I think now with how well the offense has looked both last year with Kaep-Cash connection and through this year since his return I would expect us to pay 10m per to resign him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney told an officer that he was late to the stadium when he was pulled over going 84 miles per hour in a 55-mph zone on Thursday.

Clowney was stopped roughly six miles from Williams-Brice Stadium on Interstate 26. The incident occurred about an hour before the Gamecocks were to fly to Florida for the Jan. 1 Capital One Bowl against Wisconsin. It was Clowney's second speeding ticket in the last three weeks. "He needs to go to driving school, doesn't he? Somebody told me he got another speeding ticket today," South Carolina's Steve Spurrier said. "At least he'll have enough money to pay for it a week or so from now. He needs to go to driving school. Hopefully they'll send him there after the bowl game."
Source: ESPN.com

Dec 27 - 6:00 PM

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney needs an NFL coach with a "strong makeup that will make Clowney perform on a consistent basis."

Brandt used Rob Marinelli and Julius Peppers as an example, writing that Peppers "has faced questions about his consistency throughout his career but played up to his high ability when Marinelli was on the Bears' staff." Brandt concludes: "I believe [Clowney] will be a top 7 or 8 pick, conceivably higher, if he comes out for this year's draft, but his ceiling is as high as he desires it to be. He can be an All-Pro, or he can be just another starter that teams will not be really pleased with. If he consistently plays up to his potential, then I think he will be a Pro Bowler. If he doesn't, he'll be just another guy on a football team who was drafted too high."
Source: NFL.com

Dec 27 - 6:58 PM