• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a very early big board for the 49ers? Clyde and Sickness?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I haven't devoted enough time to the draft to have anything remotely resembling a big board yet, but big boards kind of lose all coherency after about the first 20 picks or so. And since the Niners will be picking far after that (don't mention Kendall Hunter's number people; I don't wanna jinx it), it's hard to tell who will be available.

I still want Bradley Roby. I think Watkins & Lee will go too high to justify a trade up. But Dominique Easley is on my radar. Stephon Tuitt too. And I still like Donte Moncrief despite a worse-than-expected year. Don't know if he'll declare though.

I like Anthony Johnson, Jason Verrett and a number of OLTs.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

Oregon State junior WR Brandin Cooks will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.

No surprise here, as Cooks is highly rated and coming off a season in which he led the FBS in receiving yards (1,730 yards on 128 catches). Cooks (5-foot-10, 186 pounds) is a scary weapon in the open field when you get the ball in his hands. He's drawn comparisons to Steve Smith, though Rotoworld's Josh Norris, who ranks Cooks as the No. 3 WR prospect in the class, sees Victor Cruz when he watches Oregon State tape. Cooks, the 2013 Biletnikoff Award winner as the nation's most outstanding wide receiver, could slot into the latter portion of the first round.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

Dec 31 - 10:02 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bill O'Brien is the new HC for the Texans per ESPN

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bill O'Brien is the new HC for the Texans per ESPN

Man that sucks for penn state. I hope that means that Gasecki, or however you spell it, deco kits and goes to tOSU.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man that sucks for penn state. I hope that means that Gasecki, or however you spell it, deco kits and goes to tOSU.

As long as Hack doesn't transfer PSU is good. We'll suck next year because I expect Amos and Robinson to head to the NFL. So, at 1st it will be shaky, but I never really believed in O'Brien. I think PSU could do much better, should be interesting to see who gets to replace him.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't devoted enough time to the draft to have anything remotely resembling a big board yet, but big boards kind of lose all coherency after about the first 20 picks or so. And since the Niners will be picking far after that (don't mention Kendall Hunter's number people; I don't wanna jinx it), it's hard to tell who will be available.

I still want Bradley Roby. I think Watkins & Lee will go too high to justify a trade up. But Dominique Easley is on my radar. Stephon Tuitt too. And I still like Donte Moncrief despite a worse-than-expected year. Don't know if he'll declare though.

I like Anthony Johnson, Jason Verrett and a number of OLTs.

Sickness, I haven't watched a lot of Easley but his situation seems to be similar to Tank's. Is it possible that he'll fall to the end of the 2nd, in your opinion? Also, you prefer Moncrief to Beckham or Landry?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sickness, I haven't watched a lot of Easley but his situation seems to be similar to Tank's. Is it possible that he'll fall to the end of the 2nd, in your opinion? Also, you prefer Moncrief to Beckham or Landry?

Yes. Easley's situation is very similar to Tank's. The thing I like about Easley is that he improved every year he was in college. I think it speaks to his work ethic. He strikes me as a guy who's not just going to get paid & mail it in. And the Niners have a lot of picks, so they have the luxury of being able to take another 2-year project that could pay off big in the long run (like Tank & Lattimore).

I'm honestly not sure how I'd rank the WRs at this point though. I'm going to have to watch some more of 'em. I like Beckham & Landry too, and I don't want the Niners to spend a high draft pick on a WR this offseason. Moncrief moves really well for a guy who's 6'3 225, and he was my sleeper must-have guy all season. But it'll come down to who's the best deep threat as far as I'm concerned. The Niners need a Mike Wallace / Desean Jackson / Torrey Smith kind of guy IMO (because let's be realistic; they're probably not going to find a Dez, AJ Green, Juliio Jones type of WR this offseason). A deep threat would compliment Boldin & Crabby extremely well.

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. Easley's situation is very similar to Tank's. The thing I like about Easley is that he improved every year he was in college. I think it speaks to his work ethic. He strikes me as a guy who's not just going to get paid & mail it in. And the Niners have a lot of picks, so they have the luxury of being able to take another 2-year project that could pay off big in the long run (like Tank & Lattimore).

I'm honestly not sure how I'd rank the WRs at this point though. I'm going to have to watch some more of 'em. I like Beckham & Landry too, and I don't want the Niners to spend a high draft pick on a WR this offseason. Moncrief moves really well for a guy who's 6'3 225, and he was my sleeper must-have guy all season. But it'll come down to who's the best deep threat as far as I'm concerned. The Niners need a Mike Wallace / Desean Jackson / Torrey Smith kind of guy IMO (because let's be realistic; they're probably not going to find a Dez, AJ Green, Juliio Jones type of WR this offseason). A deep threat would compliment Boldin & Crabby extremely well.

I like Moncrief as well. The only knock is that he played up or down to the competition. Big teams, big games played well.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Sickness. Earlier this season I started a thread asking the board if anyone wanted to trade up for Watkins and the majority said no, due to the depth of WR. After watching the rest of the season I'd have to agree. Moncrief, Beckham, Landry, Cooks, Richardson, Robinson, Matthews and Benjamin all look to be solid values at the end of the 1st to the mid 2nd.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing Stanford loss today. Gotta give credit to Michigan St., and especially Connor Cook. This guy is developing nicely and, IMO, should be one of the top QBs heading into next year and a legitimate prospect at the position. Better than Kirk Cousins, IMO.

Keep a look out.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that Stanford drop that game... I didn't think they would lose to MSU, a close one ok but lose, that was surprising for me...

Maybe the loss of Ty had a significant impact in that outcome

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was shocked that Stanford drop that game... I didn't think they would lose to MSU, a close one ok but lose, that was surprising for me...

Maybe the loss of Ty had a significant impact in that outcome

Dennard had him locked down.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Disappointing Stanford loss today. Gotta give credit to Michigan St., and especially Connor Cook. This guy is developing nicely and, IMO, should be one of the top QBs heading into next year and a legitimate prospect at the position. Better than Kirk Cousins, IMO.

Keep a look out.

You're right he's getting there, but with his WRs in Kings and Fowler, and his RB in Langford he should be producing a lot more offense than MSU did in 2013. In the bowl game though he really opened people's eyes, just got to see if he can consistently do it week after week.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU WR Allen Robinson to the NFL... per ESPN.

He's someone I'd like the 49ers to consider in the 2nd... doubt he'll go 3rd

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clowney has officially signed with Bus Cook's agency.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PSU WR Allen Robinson to the NFL... per ESPN.

He's someone I'd like the 49ers to consider in the 2nd... doubt he'll go 3rd

I don't know if Robinson's a Pierre Garcon or Michael Crabtree

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wyoming QB Brett Smith signed with Rep Sports and will work with Jeff Garcia (49ers) and Ted Tollner (also formerly of the 49ers) in the pre-draft process.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rand Getlin:

Multiple sources confirm #Clemson WR Sammy Watkins has held meetings with at least two agencies. He's viewed as a lock to leave school.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Keep a look out.

I definitely like him much better than Cousins. I started believing in him fairly recently though (Ohio State Game), I used to doubt his abilities. He has a strong arm and is able to sling it accurately on the run.