• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blake Bortles - QB - Golden Knights

UCF redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles will not make a decision on the NFL Draft until after the Knights' bowl game.

The 11-1 Knights take on Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl next month. ESPN's Todd McShay has ranked Bortles (6-foot-5, 230-pounds) as the second-best quarterback prospect. Bortles faces a Jan. 15 deadline to declare. "I think at some point we need to put it to rest and focus for the bowl game, get ready," UCF offensive coordinator Charlie Taaffe said. "And obviously, at some point shortly find out and see where [Bortles is] evaluated and make an intelligent decision. I think Blake likes college, I think he loves it here and don't know if he's ready yet just from a maturity standpoint whether he wants to take that next step."
Source: Orlando Sentinel

Dec 13 - 6:37 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mack Brown - C - Longhorns

Mack Brown will resign as Texas' head coach.

The news, which had been rumored for some time, is now official as it was reported by the Longhorn Network. He has apparently informed the team and recruits, and plans on coaching the bowl game against Oregon. Brown coached the team for the last 16 years.
Source: Longhorn Network

Dec 14 - 7:20PM

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Another interesting prospect: Rutgers WR Brandon Coleman is forgoing his final year of eligibility and entering the 2014 draft.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Moving the mock draft discussion to this thread:

2014 NFL Mock Draft - DraftCountdown.com

Have to admit I didn't watch as much college football as I wanted to this year because I was too busy with school. :( But I still recognize a ton of guys on this list who could help the Niners a lot. Bradley Roby's still #1 on my wish list, but Watkins, Lee, Nix, Tuitt... I'd even be tempted to nab one of those offensive tackles if they fell far enough.

Dominique Easley
would also be a great pickup later. He could be next year's Tank.

A trade up for Roby, one of those OLTs and Easley would make me a very happy NinerSickness.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is a little off topic, but Jerry Hughes has quietly accumulated 9 sacks this season. I always liked him & was a little hopeful the Niners would pick him up when he got cut.

Same deal with George Selvie. Selvie was one of my favourite 7th-round pospects in years when the Rams took him, and now he's proven to be a decent player with the Cowboys. He has 7 sacks on the season.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

An AFC general manager said that Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr has a "good arm, accurate, quick release, but he's not in a pro offense."

"He's at a lower level of competition, and he needs to develop better awareness, anticipation and pocket presence," the GM said. "He can help himself in the bowl game and Senior Bowl." Carr threw for 4,866 yards, 48 touchdowns and seven interceptions in 12 games this year. His last chance to impress scouts will come Saturday afternoon against USC in the Las Vegas Bowl. An NFC personnel executive said of Carr, "I like him, but he's not a first-round talent. His athletic ability and arm strength ... he's just not dynamic."
Source: NFL.com

Dec 20 - 6:00 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Khalil Mack - LB - Bulls

An AFC college scouting director compared Buffalo senior OLB Khalil Mack "to Von Miller from a size/speed standpoint, even if he is a tick below what the Broncos star was as a prospect."

Mack has collected 94 tackles, 19 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks in 2013. "He's one of the top pass rushers in the draft," the scout said. "He played his best games against the biggest opponents, and can be an (outside linebacker) in a 3-4 or a Sam (linebacker) in a 4-3. ... He's proven (what kind of player) he is." NFL.com's Albert Breer wrote: "The senior is a sure-fire first-rounder, and with a strong spring, he could wind up in the top 10." Buffalo and San Diego State will play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Saturday.

Dec 20 - 5:46 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Melvin Gordon - RB - Badgers

Wisconsin redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon announced that he will return to school for his junior season.

"After talking it over with my family and my coaches, I have decided to come back next year," Gordon said in a statement. "I love the University of Wisconsin and feel that there is still a lot of room for growth. Academically, another year in school will help me get closer to completing my degree and on the field I hope to help my team get back the Big Ten championship." Gordon requested an evaluation from the NFL Draft Advisory Board last week. Rotoworld's Josh Norris had previously tabbed Gordon the top draft-eligible prospect at his position.
Source: NBC Sports' College Football Talk

Dec 20 - 4:53 PM

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Melvin Gordon - RB - Badgers

Wisconsin redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon announced that he will return to school for his junior season.

Source: NBC Sports' College Football Talk

Dec 20 - 4:53 PM

Bummer. Although maybe this increases his chances of becoming a 49er? Who knows if we'll need a back in 2014.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jerome Smith - RB - Orange

Syracuse junior RB Jerome Smith will enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

"He just felt it was his time," head coach Scott Shafer said. "He's all set to graduate, all set with school. He felt like he finished school and there wasn't any reason to hang around anymore." Smith has carried the "power rusher" label and tallied 840 yards and 11 touchdowns this season on 4.6 yards per carry. He has been the Orange's starter for the last two seasons.
Source: Syracuse.com

Dec 21 - 9:32 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Landry - WR - Tigers

Five LSU prospects are leaning towards entering the draft, including WRs Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry, DTs Anthony Johnson and Ego Ferguson and T La'El Collins, according to Rand Getlin.

Getlin adds Ferguson, Johnson, Landry, Beckham and Collins have all held meetings with potential representatives. There is an outside chance Landry does return, the report states. We would add redshirt sophomore RB Jeremy Hill to the list of possible declarations.
Source: Yahoo! Sports

Dec 21 - 9:56 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really like the Reggie Wayne comparisons there. He also has some Justin Blackmon to his game IMO:

Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

One NFL scout believes USC junior WR Marqise Lee remains a first-round pick.

"Teams are really going to like the person when they talk to him," the anonymous scout said. "He's had enough tape over the last couple of years where you can see the talent. He's an impressive player. He's got some savvy to him." Our own Josh Norris has compared Lee's game to Reggie Wayne, and a late first-round selection is a definite possibility. The Trojans play Fresno State on Saturday.
Source: LA Times

Dec 21 - 10:31 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Blake Bortles - QB - Golden Knights

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes UCF redshirt junior QB Blake Bortles is a borderline first-round pick at this point in the process.

"When a scout is placing a grade on a prospect, he must take that potential into account, and I can't place a top-10 grade on a quarterback that is good, not great, at this time," Brooks writes. Bortles "can start and win games in the NFL, but he will need some time to develop in the right system to become an impact player as a pro." There have been some questions surrounding Teddy Bridgewater's and Derek Carr is the emerging talent at the position, but Bortles will likely land in the top three at the position if he declares.

Dec 21 - 11:18 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeVante Parker - WR - Cardinals

Louisville junior WR DeVante Parker will likely return to school if he does not receive an evaluation in the first-round range, according to his grandfather Willie.

"If they're not projecting him near the first round, he's definitely going to be back for his senior year," Willie Parker said. The junior has some talent, most notably in redzone situations, and he has become Teddy Bridgewater's favorite target. He does not matchup up with other top prospects at the position, however.
Source: Courier Journal

Dec 21 - 1:05 PM