• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Is DGB a redshirt soph? He seems to me to be the next WR with freak size/speed coming out

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelvin Benjamin needs to be talked about. Every time I see him I come away more and more impressed. Tremendous ball skills and body control, good hands, long and big. As far as "big" WRs go, he blows Mike Evans away as a prospect.

He's the #2 WR in the draft right, and not by a big margin, either. Look out Watkins.

I must have missed it but I haven't seen Bingo raving about him like he should be.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I must have missed it but I haven't seen Bingo raving about him like he should be.

I like him, but not in the first round. His catching radius is unfair, better than Gronkowski who has one of the friendliness / widest catching radius a QB could ask for. Unfortunately, KB doesn't separate from defenders as much as you would like. At the college level, it doesn't matter for him because he uses his freakish size and strength to bully defenders for the ball. However, in the pros he would need a bit more to be considered a true "1" IMO. He's 23 years old. A little on the old size when talking about collegiate sport. Not a major issue per se but it is a slight concern for me when analyzing him as a whole (potential/skills/scheme friendly/etc.)

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like him, but not in the first round. His catching radius is unfair, better than Gronkowski who has one of the friendliness / widest catching radius a QB could ask for. Unfortunately, KB doesn't separate from defenders as much as you would like. At the college level, it doesn't matter for him because he uses his freakish size and strength to bully defenders for the ball. However, in the pros he would need a bit more to be considered a true "1" IMO. He's 23 years old. A little on the old size when talking about collegiate sport. Not a major issue per se but it is a slight concern for me when analyzing him as a whole (potential/skills/scheme friendly/etc.)

I'm not saying I disagree, because you've undoubtedly seen more of him than I have. But if he wins this way in college, it can still be effective in the pros. Alshon, for example, is showing that tonight.

I guess I've put a lot of thought into WRs this season, and what translates from college to the next level, etc. Winning contested catches is huge for me, especially after seeing guys who can't/don't do it.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Going off my last post, I also felt like Benjamin did a pretty good job separating in the games I've seen him in. I remember against Florida, he beat Purifoy deep a number of times. You probably mean he has trouble separating in the shorter routes, though.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Darqueze Dennard? I've only seen a couple Michigan State games, the title game included, but he looks like a player. Does anyone with more insight have a point of view about him as a pro?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Going off my last post, I also felt like Benjamin did a pretty good job separating in the games I've seen him in. I remember against Florida, he beat Purifoy deep a number of times. You probably mean he has trouble separating in the shorter routes, though.

He got Purifoy in a nice double move, leaving him in the dust. The other times Purifoy was all over him like flies on sh8t, but still managed to come away with the catch. You have to consider that the 'Noles have 3 potential NLFers currently playing at the skill position (Nick O'Leary; Rashad Greene, and Kenny Shaw). Defenses have to account for all three in addition to the freak (Benjamin). So at times when you see Shaw wide open, or O'Leary wide open, etc. it is because defenses had accounted for and placed too much attention on one of the given receivers on the field. Hence, yes KB at times gets separation by his own doing / hard work. However, often times it is due to a blown coverage. Also don't forget that he has a elite / skilled passer throwing him the ball.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too bad, would have been a steal for us in the 2nd round. He'd be a good fit with the Browns. Can't afford to stack the box against him, because you would worry too much about Gordon, and Benjamin on the outside, to go along with a sneaky Cameron Jordan down the seam. You can't stock the box and leave Jordan one on one with a LB or SS. With their 1st first round pick I would draft the best QB on the board, and then draft Hyde with the Colts' pick.

Carlos Hyde - RB - Buckeyes

ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Ohio State senior RB Carlos Hyde is a mid to late first-round pick.

Kiper adds Hyde is likely the first running back off the board "if he runs well," and questions if the Browns might take a look. We love how far Hyde has come this season and he dominates on first contact, but we highly doubt Hyde is a first-round selection. In fact, we doubt a running back is selected in the first 32 picks.
Source: Mel Kiper on Twitter

Dec 10 - 12:19 PM

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If fair/cheap, I think niners retain Whitner.... he's our last line of intimidation/brute force in the backfield... Reid is quite the hitter himself, but he goes concussion on us like crazy lol... so none of that now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Seattle's DB's ability to man handle WR's down the field having a player that can do a little man handling himself wouldn't be a bad thing.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mack Brown - C - Longhorns

Texas coach Mack Brown will resign by the end of the week, reports ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Orangebloods.com reported Tuesday afternoon that Brown would step aside after 16 years as Texas coach. Brown, on the recruiting trail in Florida, rebuked the report a few hours later. "I know Mack, he's friend, this is his decision, but he wants to tell his players and staff and not read it on the internet," an ESPN source said. "That's why he reacted strongly to the (Orangebloods.com) report." Brown, Texas president Bill Powers and Brown's agent, Joe Jamail have reportedly been speaking. "The talks were very friendly and the conclusion was Mack would step down in the next couple of days," the source said. Nick Saban will reportedly take over the Longhorns program after Brown vacates his seat.
Source: ESPN.com

Dec 10 - 8:13 PM

Nick Saban - C - Crimson Tide

TCU beat writer Stefan Stevenson cites a source "close to Texas executive council of regents" that says Alabama's Nick Saban will be Texas' next head coach.

The buzz has been there for some time, and this only adds to it. Saban is notorious for hoping from job to job, so it is time to take the rumors seriously. Another report, from NFL.com's Gil Brandt, stated Alabama and Saban were in contract talks to reach the $7 million level.
Source: Stefan Stevenson on Twitter

Dec 10 - 7:54 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Mel Kiper believes Ohio State senior RB Carlos Hyde is a mid to late first-round pick.

Kiper adds Hyde is likely the first running back off the board "if he runs well," and questions if the Browns might take a look. We love how far Hyde has come this season and he dominates on first contact, but we highly doubt Hyde is a first-round selection. In fact, we doubt a running back is selected in the first 32 picks.
Source: Mel Kiper on Twitter

Dec 10 - 12:19 PM

I think Ka'Deem Carey could end up cracking the first round (possibly Hyde too). RB isn't a need for the 49ers, but his talent is tough to pass up on.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Melvin Gordon - RB - Badgers

Wisconsin redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon has requested an evaluation from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

"It's what he wants to do, I'm going to respect that and support it," head coach Gary Andersen said. Gordon is reportedly the only non-senior Badger to test NFL draft waters. Our own Josh Norris considers Gordon the top draft-eligible prospect at his position, and Gordon might be wise to get ahead of next year's loaded running back class. He compares favorably to Jamaal Charles.
Source: Benjamin Worgull on Twitter

Dec 11 - 10:01 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mack Brown - C - Longhorns

Texas coach Mack Brown will resign by the end of the week, reports ESPN's Brett McMurphy.

Orangebloods.com reported Tuesday afternoon that Brown would step aside after 16 years as Texas coach. Brown, on the recruiting trail in Florida, rebuked the report a few hours later. "I know Mack, he's friend, this is his decision, but he wants to tell his players and staff and not read it on the internet," an ESPN source said. "That's why he reacted strongly to the (Orangebloods.com) report." Brown, Texas president Bill Powers and Brown's agent, Joe Jamail have reportedly been speaking. "The talks were very friendly and the conclusion was Mack would step down in the next couple of days," the source said. Nick Saban will reportedly take over the Longhorns program after Brown vacates his seat.
Source: ESPN.com

Dec 10 - 8:13 PM

TCU beat writer Stefan Stevenson cites a source "close to Texas executive council of regents" that says Alabama's Nick Saban will be Texas' next head coach.

The buzz has been there for some time, and this only adds to it. Saban is notorious for hoping from job to job, so it is time to take the rumors seriously. Another report, from NFL.com's Gil Brandt, stated Alabama and Saban were in contract talks to reach the $7 million level.
Source: Stefan Stevenson on Twitter

Dec 10 - 7:54 PM

Alabama offered Nick Saban a new deal last Friday, according to ESPN's Paul Finebaum.

"The longer it goes unsigned, the more uncomfortable Alabama officials grow," Finebaum writes. Saban already received a raise and extension last March in a deal that runs through 2020. That raise was to $5.62 million per year, but rumors now have a deal anywhere from $7 million to $10 million per year.
Source: ESPN

Dec 11 - 9:53 A

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

The MMQB's Greg Bedard spoke with multiple NFL executives who said the heart of South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney's evaluation could be focused on effort, consistency and passion for the game.

"Does [Clowney] have all the talent in the world? Yeah," one AFC GM said. "For people to get secure with him, it’s going to come in the interviews, the one-on-ones with teams... they’re going to see what’s in his soul. They’re going to see what makes him tick." Another executive added he thinks some of the criticism "can be overblown." It is noteworthy that Bedard called Clowney "extremely stiff (in) the hips, a straight-line player." We don't necessarily agree with this, but Bedard and NFL executives did bring up Michael Strahan among other names.
Source: The MMQB

Dec 11 - 9:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

One NFL GM told NFL Network's Ian Rapoport that no QB is rising faster than Fresno State senior Derek Carr.

And that is before the Senior Bowl, which is an event that Carr should perform very well in thanks to the lack of pressure he will face. Carr has the arm to hit every throw with touch or velocity, but he is somewhat untested in tight spaces. He reminds us a lot of Jay Cutler. Rapoport added the quarterback even has a chance to be the No. 1 pick.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 11 - 12:33 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you guys think about Darqueze Dennard? I've only seen a couple Michigan State games, the title game included, but he looks like a player. Does anyone with more insight have a point of view about him as a pro?

I forgot about Dennard all year. Definitely worth a 1st round pick.

He plays similar to Amos except has better ball skills, but Amos has measurables over him plus IF he declares he'll be a lot cheaper value wise.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Melvin Gordon - RB - Badgers

Wisconsin redshirt sophomore RB Melvin Gordon has requested an evaluation from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

"It's what he wants to do, I'm going to respect that and support it," head coach Gary Andersen said. Gordon is reportedly the only non-senior Badger to test NFL draft waters. Our own Josh Norris considers Gordon the top draft-eligible prospect at his position, and Gordon might be wise to get ahead of next year's loaded running back class. He compares favorably to Jamaal Charles.
Source: Benjamin Worgull on Twitter

Dec 11 - 10:01 AM

He compares more favorably to Arian Foster IMO. Those long strides along with his burst makes him nearly impossible to stop behind the line. Ignore my sig, but Gordon is worth trading up for if he's projected to go in the middle 1st round.