• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Mettenberger - QB - Tigers

LSU senior QB Zach Mettenberger's surgery to repair a torn ACL will be delayed around two weeks to allow a sprained MCL to heal.

ESPN's Adam Caplan added Mettenberger should be able to throw during LSU's pro day in March. The NFL insider added he doesn't think Mettenberger's draft projection will drop "all that much," because the quarterback tends to stick to the pocket. The injury was to the quarterbacks lead left leg. Caplan thinks there is still a chance Mettenberger is selected in the first-round.
Source: ESPN

Dec 4 - 11:11 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes Oregon redshirt sophomore QB Marcus Mariota will "be so much more of a finished product," after next season.

"He has greatly improved his accuracy this season, gotten bigger and stronger and better with making his correct reads -- but he can improve all of those areas even more with another season at Oregon," McShay writes. Our own Josh Norris is a big fan of Mariota's already, and thinks he doesn't get enough credit for his pocket movement. Mariota won't be 21 until after the draft, but we think prospects are given too much credit for his ability to "only improve" just because of age. However, Mariota could definitely take another step forward next season.
Source: ESPN

Dec 4 - 9:58 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carlos Hyde - RB - Buckeyes

Ohio State senior RB Carlos Hyde has converted 80 percent of his third down carries this season, according to Greg Peshek.

As we have stated over and over again, Hyde has really emerged this season. Our own josh Norris has compared him to Zac Stacy and Frank Gore because of his ability to beat first contact on a consistent basis. For comparison, Boston College's Andre Williams has converted close to 45 percent of the same opportunities.
Source: Greg Peshek on Twitter

Dec 4 - 3:38 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Driskel - QB - Gators

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Florida junior QB Jeff Driskel could be the No. 2 senior passer behind Bryce Petty next season.

This is all under the assumption that Driskel returns from season ending knee surgery. "At 6-4, 240 pounds, he's a big guy who throws the ball well and is a very good athlete; he was drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 29th round this June," Brandt writes. Our own Josh Norris thinks Driskel panics under pressure far too often, and it is an area that needs considerable improvement.
Source: NFL.com

Dec 5 - 1:52 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Tigers

The light is coming on for Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham, according to Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl.

Dorial Green-Beckham is "playing (with a) much higher sense of urgency. Freakish size, speed and athleticism combo," according to Weidl. The former No. 1 recruit in the nation had some missteps during his freshman season, but he and the rest of the Tigers' receivers have emerged this season.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Dec 5 - 11:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Fales - QB - Spartans

NFL.com's Charles Davis believes San Jose State senior QB David Fales isn't far behind Fresno State's Derek Carr.

"Evaluators I hear from are very high on him," Davis writes. "They keep saying, "I've got to see more of him." ...He has an excellent skill set. The whole package -- size, arm strength, accuracy, footwork -- just screams quarterback." Fales has taken a back seat in the quarterback discussion this season, but he displays patience to survey the field and positive pocket movement.
Source: NFL.com

Dec 4 - 5:00 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington DT Danny Shelton is returning to school.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also looks like Brett Hundley has NOT made a decision as of yet. I'll take his name off the list the next time i update it.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee has declared.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelvin Benjamin needs to be talked about. Every time I see him I come away more and more impressed. Tremendous ball skills and body control, good hands, long and big. As far as "big" WRs go, he blows Mike Evans away as a prospect.

He's the #2 WR in the draft right, and not by a big margin, either. Look out Watkins.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just let the scouts keep talking. So Watkins, Evans, & Lee keep getting the praise. So he can become a 9er. Like u mentioned the kid has all the skills.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kelvin Benjamin needs to be talked about. Every time I see him I come away more and more impressed. Tremendous ball skills and body control, good hands, long and big. As far as "big" WRs go, he blows Mike Evans away as a prospect.

He's the #2 WR in the draft right, and not by a big margin, either. Look out Watkins.

I wouldn't touch him until the second round. I'm a big 'Noles fan and you guys know that about me. So I want nothing but the best future in the NFL for ALL my Seminoles. KB has tremendous length which he uses well (Roy Williams type like ball skills). He has deceptive speed and he's freaking strong as he'll for a WR. However he's already 23 years old or close to it. Imagine a player like Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon playing in the college level now against these 18-21 year old kids!? They would dominate too. KB is not old per se but he's older than most everyone he plays against. That's a major advantage IMO. I like KB a lot too but I'm trying to be as objective / non bias as possible. Guys like Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Limas Sweed, Tyrone Calico, etc. have proven over the years that their size advantage that they utilized well in college to dominate defenders is not sufficient enough to win matchup battles in the NFL. KB doesn't have that quick twitch elusive sis that you look for in big receivers to project how well they will do at the pro level. That concerns me as well besides the age issue I spoke of earlier. With all that said I would draft him in the second round.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kelvin Benjamin - WR - Seminoles

Florida State redshirt sophomore WR Kelvin Benjamin caught five passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns.

Our own Josh Norris ranks Benjamin as the No. 30 overall prospect in the class, and he showed why in this game. Few are better at the catch point than Benjamin, who turns 23 in February. However, don't overlook his strength to pick up yards after the catch.

Dec 8 - 10:32 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dorial Green-Beckham - WR - Tigers

Missouri sophomore WR Dorial Green-Beckham caught six passes for 144 yards and two touchdowns in the school's 59-42 loss to Auburn.

It is difficult to put in to words how much Green-Beckham has improved this season. Obviously he has talent as a former No. 1 overall recruit, but Green-Beckham's consistency and game has improved each week. He is going to be highly sought after next season.

Dec 7 - 8:37 PM

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like Benjamin as well. I'm a fan of bigger WRs, but I like that he's shown size isn't his only advantage. Sure, he's older. But he only played 3 years of HS ball, so I think he still has some developing to do.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't touch him until the second round. I'm a big 'Noles fan and you guys know that about me. So I want nothing but the best future in the NFL for ALL my Seminoles. KB has tremendous length which he uses well (Roy Williams type like ball skills). He has deceptive speed and he's freaking strong as he'll for a WR. However he's already 23 years old or close to it. Imagine a player like Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon playing in the college level now against these 18-21 year old kids!? They would dominate too. KB is not old per se but he's older than most everyone he plays against. That's a major advantage IMO. I like KB a lot too but I'm trying to be as objective / non bias as possible. Guys like Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Limas Sweed, Tyrone Calico, etc. have proven over the years that their size advantage that they utilized well in college to dominate defenders is not sufficient enough to win matchup battles in the NFL. KB doesn't have that quick twitch elusive sis that you look for in big receivers to project how well they will do at the pro level. That concerns me as well besides the age issue I spoke of earlier. With all that said I would draft him in the second round.

Most seniors are 22/23 years old. Not a big deal.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like Benjamin and kind of glad my buckeyes aren't going to be embarrassed on nation TV by FSU pass offense. He always seems to play faster than I expect just because of his size. What is his 40 time?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Benjamin and kind of glad my buckeyes aren't going to be embarrassed on nation TV by FSU pass offense. He always seems to play faster than I expect just because of his size. What is his 40 time?

His straight line speed will be impressive. I would say he runs in the high 4.4s. Low 4.5s. The problem will be his start. His 10 yard split will NOT be pretty. However his long stride allows him to catch up speed near the end part of the race. That's one player you really have to analyze all the numbers to get a clear picture of his true speed. I'm predicting that his shuttle time will also not be pleasant.