• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martavis Bryant - WR - Tigers

Clemson junior WR Martavis Bryant had five receptions for 176 yards and a touchdown in Thursday's victory against Georgia Tech.

Bryant snagged a 76-yard touchdown pass from Tajh Boyd in the second quarter. The junior wideout hadn't previously cracked 90 receiving yards in a game. The 6-foot-5 Bryant is a nice vertical threat who figures to receive a nice bump in usage next season when Sammy Watkins is playing on Sundays.

Nov 14 - 11:17 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

Draft insider Tony Pauline ranks Texas A&M redshirt sophomore Mike Evans as his top draft-eligible WR.

"Large, game impacting receiver that physically beats defenders in the middle of the field or outraces opponents down the flanks," Pauline writes. "Has all the necessary talents to be a big time number one wide out in the NFL." We worry Evans might be unfairly dropped during the process because of a potentially slower forty time, but his savvy tendency to work back towards the quarterback, win at the catch point, and pick up yards after the catch is excellent.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Nov 14 - 2:43 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As for me, he reminds me of Justin Blackmon. A whole lot! There's a little bit of Crabtree to his game but nowhere near as physical as Crabtree is IMO:

Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

One AFC college scouting director compared USC junior WR Marqise Lee to Santonio Holmes physically.

"He has the skills to dominate, so he needs to show big-play potential in every game, and also make the routine plays," the executive told NFL.com's Albert Breer. "Stanford won't let Lee beat them." Another executive, this time from the NFC, added, "he can fly and make every play a touchdown, but he's not strong and durability is a question."
Source: NFL.com

Nov 16 - 10:50 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

Oregon State junior WR Brandin Cooks caught nine passes for 99 yards in the school's 30-17 loss to Arizona State.

This is the first game that Cooks did not record 100 yards or score a touchdown. We aren't selling out stock on Cooks and contend he might be among the top five receivers in this draft class. He wins in the slot and inside, which could draw comparisons to Victor Cruz.

Nov 18 - 9:11 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hyde is indeed a big dude at 240+. This year will produce a couple big backs (Zach Stacy / Eddie Lacy type runners) that will serve us well if we decide to part ways with Dixon. Hyde, Andre Williams, and a couple more that I'm forgetting.

Carlos Hyde - RB - Buckeyes

NFL.com's Charles Davis believes Ohio State senior RB Carlos Hyde could be better than Packers rookie Eddie Lacy.

"He is this year's Eddie Lacy, and Hyde might be better," Davis writes. "...I think Hyde's feet might be a little better than Lacy's... He has tremendous size and great vision as a runner." We have been extremely impressed with Hyde since his three game suspension. The Buckeye is a top three senior at his position. Source: NFL.com

Nov 18 - 10:05 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

I think the best draft-eligible QB in college football is Bryce Petty. Probably in the minority since a lot of people are on Teddy Bridgewater as the top guys in this draft class, but I like Petty better by a pretty good margin, actually.

Also, the best OT prospect in college football won't be available until next year. Andrus Peat is just on a different level as a prospect. Might be the best LT prospect since Joe Thomas.

Horrible RB class overall, but a guy that's intriguing in the late rounds is Adam Muema from SDSU. Decent WR class, but a lot of niche type players that fit in a particular offense. Sammy Watkins right now my top WR in the class.

Defensively I'm a huge fan of Ra'Shede Hageman and Dominique Easley on the DL. Two guys that I'd love for the 49ers to look at during the process. Justin Gilbert and Khalil Mack are two other guys that would be extremely interesting for us as well, IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ashamed that I know maybe 15-20 players well for the upcoming draft, i'm very low on info on prospects this year... damn... what happened?

Hey Clyde, per Walter Easley, to the niners in the 2nd, what's his pro look-a-like?

I actually like Allen Robinson from PSU to the niners as well...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel McCullers.... 6'8 NT?

Is he not good or can I start wishing right now.... get me this guy!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

I think the best draft-eligible QB in college football is Bryce Petty. Probably in the minority since a lot of people are on Teddy Bridgewater as the top guys in this draft class, but I like Petty better by a pretty good margin, actually.

Also, the best OT prospect in college football won't be available until next year. Andrus Peat is just on a different level as a prospect. Might be the best LT prospect since Joe Thomas.
Horrible RB class overall, but a guy that's intriguing in the late rounds is Adam Muema from SDSU. Decent WR class, but a lot of niche type players that fit in a particular offense. Sammy Watkins right now my top WR in the class.

Defensively I'm a huge fan of Ra'Shede Hageman and Dominique Easley on the DL. Two guys that I'd love for the 49ers to look at during the process. Justin Gilbert and Khalil Mack are two other guys that would be extremely interesting for us as well, IMO.

That kid is a different animal, but I think DJ Humphries is going to give him a run for his money when it comes to who will be the first tackle taken in 2015. They're both very impressive to watch.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't like my NTs being that tall. It's always easier for guards to get to their pads causing them to lose leverage. But at 360 +/- it would not be easy for anyone to move a man that size. Being that tall for a NT is a disadvantage IMO. I guess he can just stay there and clog the hole if he is unable to get a good push in the backfield. I would not look at him anywhere close within the first four rounds. I'm interested to see his arm length and bench press.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like my NTs being that tall. It's always easier for guards to get to their pads causing them to lose leverage. But at 360 +/- it would not be easy for anyone to move a man that size. Being that tall for a NT is a disadvantage IMO. I guess he can just stay there and clog the hole if he is unable to get a good push in the backfield. I would not look at him anywhere close within the first four rounds. I'm interested to see his arm length and bench press.

Yea I figured the height is too high for nt.... Maybe De? I mean Calais is just as high n a pro bowler.

I would take a flyer on him n hope to see something cuz I be pissed if Seattle takes him n turns out to be a force against us

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should be dominate but he's not, his motor doesn't run most of the time. Donno if NFL money would light a fire under his ass. It probably doesn't help that the rest of his dline is a joke.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be dominate but he's not, his motor doesn't run most of the time. Donno if NFL money would light a fire under his ass. It probably doesn't help that the rest of his dline is a joke.

tried watching youtube clips of him, looks like he should be pushing back a planet but doesn't appear as strong nor the motor like you mentioned...

I figured the strength comes in the Pros. I also read he lost 30lbs prior to the season so I take that as a good sign in terms of commitment.

But his sheer size, even he doesn't push back as much as i'd want, if he occupys two OL every down, i'll take that.... someone to consider after 4th round but walter has him to us in the 3rd.. I wouldn't be mad, we have 5 picks in 3 rds...

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone know anything on CB Ward from North Illinois? Just saw this kid make a spectacular INT for his 10th career INT. so far what I've seen in this game the kid has talent, but he's also playing Toledo.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stock has certainly fallen this year. Still a first-round pick but now looking like a guy that will go in the mid maybe late 20's

I always thought he was vastly overrated. He's a 2nd round prospect at best IMO. It's sad, because this is coming from a guy who historically has loved most if not all corners from The Ohio State program.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I always thought he was vastly overrated. He's a 2nd round prospect at best IMO. It's sad, because this is coming from a guy who historically has loved most if not all corners from The Ohio State program.

Nobody is happier that his stock has fallen than I. He's probably right on top of my wish list right about now. If the Niners can get him with their first rounder I'll be ecstatic.