• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kyle Van Noy - LB - Cougars

Brigham Young OLB Kyle Van Noy has received an invitation to the 2014 Senior Bowl.

The event takes place on January 25, 2014. We aren't so sure if Van Noy will attend, since he is one of the more well known senior prospects and the event does not necessarily highlight skills of outside linebackers. He should see time in 1 on 1 pass rushing drills, however.
Source: Salt Lake Tribune

Nov 7 - 9:58 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more and more I watch Khalil Mack, the more and more I'd love to see him in the a 49ers uniform. We don't have a HUGE need at OLB, but if he's there at the right time, I'd take a long, hard look at him. The same kind of situation I'd approach Ra'Shede Hageman with. Two of my favorite players in this draft for me.

Two mid/late round guys I'd love to get my hands on are Adam Muema (RB/SDSU) and Charles Sawyer (CB/Ole Miss).

Khalil Mack - LB - Bulls

ESPN's Mel Kiper bumped Buffalo senior OLB Khalil Mack up from No. 15 overall to No. 7.

"If you haven't watched Mack and assume he's just a sack artist against soft competition, you're really missing it," Kiper writes. "Mack is versatile and capable of rushing the passer with quickness and decent power, dropping into coverage, and shedding tackles and making plays in the open field." We love Mack's motor to relentlessly pursue the ball, and as long as there aren't any off-field issues, he could be a top-15 selection.
Source: ESPN

Nov 8 - 11:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dorial Green-Beckham had a crazy day today. Hauling in 4 TD catches. Between he and Amari Cooper, I still believe he'll be the better receiver in the NFL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dominique Easley - DL - Gators

Senior DT Dominique Easley will work with a trainer in Boca Raton, Fla., beginning Dec. 1 to prepare for the NFL Draft.

Easley, who withdrew from Florida earlier this month, ruptured the ACL in his right knee back in September. Easley tore his left ACL in 2011. "He'll have plenty of interest," Florida coach Will Muschamp said in September. "He'll be a productive guy on the next level. He's a really good football player. He's extremely intelligent. He gets the game. His tape speaks for itself and how he plays the game and approaches the game. He'll be fine. There will be a lot of organizations that want him in their organization."
Source: FoxSports.com

Nov 11 - 9:55 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A.J. McCarron - QB - Crimson Tide

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah writes NFL scouts are split on Alabama senior QB A.J. McCarron.

"He doesn't have a huge arm, but he makes up for it with excellent timing, touch and decision-making," Jeremiah notes. "Scouts around the NFL are split on McCarron, but he has compiled a very impressive college résumé." The term "winner" will be thrown around a lot during the draft process, but how that quarterback helps his team win, rather than just the result, is what matters.
Source: NFL.com

Nov 11 - 4:35 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the kid we need to draft this year. Somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round. At this point though I doubt that he would last that long (3rd round), and the only reason why he will last until the 2nd round is simply due to his size.

Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

Arizona State head coach Todd Graham said Oregon State junior Brandin Cooks is the best WR he has seen on film in the Pac-12.

If Graham includes his tenure at Arizona State, not just this season, that means Cooks beats the likes of USC's Marqise Lee, Robert Woods, Colorado's Paul Richardson, Oregon State's Markus Wheaton, and Cal's Keenan Allen. We can't disagree very much, as Cooks consistently separates form the slot or outside and doesn't mind showing off his catch radius.
Source: Doug Haller on Twitter

Nov 11 - 3:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Five NFL executives polled by NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believe South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney's dip in production is only a minor concern.

"Minor concern," one executive said. "His tape is good. Ignore the dip in production. He impacts the game in a drastic way. My only concern is his makeup. We'll get more answers in that area after we meet with him and do all of our background work." As we have been saying, Clowney's statistical production has dipped for a number of reasons, but in the grand scheme of things it does not matter. Disruption is production, even if it does not show up on a box score.

Nov 13 - 12:41 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Donte Moncrief - WR - Rebels

Ole Miss junior WR Dontre Moncrief will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Pauline cites multiple sources that have told him as much. "Moncrief himself thinks he is going to rather early... I think he is more of a second day guy," Pauline said on his podcast. The non-seniors will really bring a lot of talent to this position during the draft process. It hasn't been a great year form Moncrief production-wise, but his talent did not disappear into thin air.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Nov 13 - 10:46 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wouldn't suprise me if we traded up for him. This is contingent that Kap continues to phuck up:

Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

Saints quarterback Drew Brees said Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel will "absolutely" be a starter in the NFL.

"He's got all the playmaking ability to be a great player," Brees said. "[There are] guys like [Manziel] in this league. Russell Wilson and his ability to run the football and extend plays outside the pocket and throw the ball down the field. Intermediate [routes], I mean he can do it all." The 6-foot-1 Manziel is expected to forgo his final two seasons of eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL Draft. "I think the physical qualities are not nearly as important as the psychological qualities of playing the quarterback position," Brees said. "Certainly you have to have some level of throwing ability and fundamentals and that kind of thing. But speed, height, arm strength those things are way overrated when playing the quarterback position."

Nov 12 - 6:44 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Donte Moncrief - WR - Rebels

Ole Miss junior WR Dontre Moncrief will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Pauline cites multiple sources that have told him as much. "Moncrief himself thinks he is going to rather early... I think he is more of a second day guy," Pauline said on his podcast. The non-seniors will really bring a lot of talent to this position during the draft process. It hasn't been a great year form Moncrief production-wise, but his talent did not disappear into thin air.
Source: TFY Draft Insider

Nov 13 - 10:46 AM

Thank God.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dominique Easley - DL - Gators

Senior DT Dominique Easley will work with a trainer in Boca Raton, Fla., beginning Dec. 1 to prepare for the NFL Draft.

Easley, who withdrew from Florida earlier this month, ruptured the ACL in his right knee back in September. Easley tore his left ACL in 2011. "He'll have plenty of interest," Florida coach Will Muschamp said in September. "He'll be a productive guy on the next level. He's a really good football player. He's extremely intelligent. He gets the game. His tape speaks for itself and how he plays the game and approaches the game. He'll be fine. There will be a lot of organizations that want him in their organization."

Nov 11 - 9:55 PM

Not knowing anything about this player past or present but remember the name I believe at some point last yr as a potential to declare early, what are this guys expected contribution levels and game i9mpact? Is he someone like a tank carradine where due to injury he falls but potential is there? Or more like a Dial type, potential starter, but more of a rotational type?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not knowing anything about this player past or present but remember the name I believe at some point last yr as a potential to declare early, what are this guys expected contribution levels and game i9mpact? Is he someone like a tank carradine where due to injury he falls but potential is there? Or more like a Dial type, potential starter, but more of a rotational type?

Easley is very high on my wish list actually. I hope he slides far. I think they need to trade up for a CB in the first, so here's hoping he's there later (along with Moncrief if I had my druthers). He's a great fit for the 5 IMO. If the Niners took a chance on him like they did with Tank last draft, I'd be very happy.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kid we need to draft this year. Somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round. At this point though I doubt that he would last that long (3rd round), and the only reason why he will last until the 2nd round is simply due to his size.

Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

Arizona State head coach Todd Graham said Oregon State junior Brandin Cooks is the best WR he has seen on film in the Pac-12.

If Graham includes his tenure at Arizona State, not just this season, that means Cooks beats the likes of USC's Marqise Lee, Robert Woods, Colorado's Paul Richardson, Oregon State's Markus Wheaton, and Cal's Keenan Allen. We can't disagree very much, as Cooks consistently separates form the slot or outside and doesn't mind showing off his catch radius.
Source: Doug Haller on Twitter

Nov 11 - 3:49 PM

Love Cooks. Think he could go in the first round

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easley is very high on my wish list actually. I hope he slides far. I think they need to trade up for a CB in the first, so here's hoping he's there later (along with Moncrief if I had my druthers). He's a great fit for the 5 IMO. If the Niners took a chance on him like they did with Tank last draft, I'd be very happy.

That just wouldn't be fair at all haha. I hope GB drafts him. Similar path as Tank, we need more from the DL with a lot of deals ending. It just wouldn't be fair to have Tank and Easley in SF

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah GB could use a guy on the DL like Easley. However, getting Jonny Jolly back helped out a lot on the Packers' DL. They already have a good LB corps, so I doubt they go that direction.

The tackle class is extremely strong IMO. That would be pretty high on my list if I were a Packers fan. The Niners have the luxury of 5 picks in the first 3 rounds if I remember correctly, so they can afford to take a risk on a guy like Easley.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks calls Clemson junior WR Sammy Watkins "one of the best 'catch and run' playmakers I've seen in the college game."

"Although his game and production took a dip a season ago, it is apparent that Watkins has regained his spectacular form as a junior," Brooks wrote. "He has been sensational as an all-around playmaker on the perimeter and has displayed noticeable improvement as a route runner." Watkins has collected 14 100-yard games and scored 24 touchdowns in 33 career games. "Factoring in his renewed concentration and focus, Watkins will captivate the imagination of coaches and scouts looking for a Torrey Smith-like playmaker to add to the line-up," Brooks wrote. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said last month he'd be surprised if Watkins returned for his senior season. We'd be shocked.

Nov 15 - 6:48 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

Clemson junior WR Sammy Watkins caught five passes for 104 yards and two touchdowns in Thursday's 55-31 victory over Georgia Tech.

His scoring receptions went for 41 and 44 yards. This was Watkins' seventh game over 100 yards this season. He surpassed 1,000 yards for the second time in his career (2011). Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said last month he'd be surprised if Watkins returned for his senior season.

Nov 14 - 11:29 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

Clemson senior QB Tajh Boyd completed 20-of-26 attempts for 340 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception in Thursday's 55-31 victory over Georgia Tech.

He added 43 rushing yards and a touchdown on 15 carries. Boyd didn't play in the fourth quarter due to a collarbone injury and a bruised sternum, but after the game said he'd be fine. Boyd broke Phillip Rivers' ACC record (95) for career touchdown passes in the game; he now sits at 97.

Nov 14 - 11:11 PM