• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ra'Shede Hageman - DL - Golden Gophers

Minnesota senior DL Ra'Shede Hageman said he patterns his game after Detroit Lion Ndamukong Suh and Houston Texan J.J. Watt.

Hageman called Suh "a beast" and said Watt "is so quick." The 6-foot-6 3/4, 307-pounder returned to the Gophers for his senior season to get his degree, and it turned out to be a spectacular professional decision. "I want to be fundamentally sound before I head to the next level," he said. Hageman has shot up to No. 5 on Gil Brandt's list of senior draft prospects.
Source: NFL.com

Oct 22 - 8:05 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that Hageman is getting more and more pub.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Murphy - DL - Cardinal

After ranking Stanford senior Trent Murphy as a mid-round selection prior to the season, Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay now considers the DE/OLB a second-round pick.

"Murphy isn't an elite athlete but he has a quick first step, violent hands and does a very good job of transferring speed to power," McShay writes. "His stock is rising." Murphy and other Cardinal defenders will have to step it up with Ben Gardner done for the season.
Source: ESPN

Oct 30 - 12:34 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Landry - WR - Tigers

LSU beat writer Jim Kleinpeter believes it is likely junior WRs Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. declare for May's NFL Draft following this season.

It makes sense, as the duo will lose quarterback Zach Mettenberger to the pros at the end of the year. Landry and Beckham Jr. have taken the next step this season, partially because of Mettenberger's progression as a vertical passer. Both receivers win at the catch point in contested situations and show the body control to separate. Landry currently ranks as Josh Norris No. 31 overall prospect, with Beckham Jr. just behind.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Oct 30 - 2:39 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At this point there's not a consensus opinion amongst the scouts, nonetheless this is good news for a team like the 9ers since I believe we desperately need CB and WR depth.

Jason Verrett - DB - Horned Frogs

Two of five NFL executives that spoke with NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believe CB is the deepest position in May's draft.

"I've seen a lot of good cornerbacks this fall," One exec said. "Guys like (Aaron) Colvin (Oklahoma), (Lamarcus) Joyner (Florida State), (Justin) Gilbert (Oklahoma State) and (Jason) Verrett (TCU) are all really good players. There's also a bunch of talented underclassmen that could come out early." Another executive added, "the cornerback depth is the best I've seen in a while." We would add Virginia Tech senior Kyle Fuller to the list.

Oct 30 - 3:19 PM

Melvin Gordon - RB - Badgers

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah spoke with one NFL executive who said the RB position is the weakest part of the 2014 class.

"The worst position is an easy answer. The running back depth is very thin," the executive said. He added the wide receiver group is the strongest position in the class, including " a lot of athletic tight ends." This is reliant on top junior and redshirt sophomores declaring.

Oct 31 - 10:04 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

Former Eastern Illinois QB Tony Romo sent a congratulatory video to current Panthers QB Jimmy Garoppolo.

Garoppolo is breaking Romo's records week after week, and we wouldn't be surprised to see the senior follow him into the NFL. Saints head coach Sean Payton is also a Eastern Illinois graduate. Garoppolo will likely tear up the East-West Shrine Game.
Source: OVC Sports

Oct 30 - 11:07 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like that Hageman is getting more and more pub.

Minnesota senior DL Ra'Shede Hageman has emerged as Mel Kiper's No. 21 prospect.

"Supremely athletic, he's starting to figure out how to play the position better and now has to be considered a likelier bet to go in Round 1," Kiper writes. The former tight end will likely test extremely well at the Combine and projects as a versatile option in a three or or four man front.

Oct 31 - 10:42 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NFL has set a deadline date of January 15, 2014 for underclassmen to declare they are entering May's draft.

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler confirmed the date with the league today. We will be posting plenty of rumors and reports that certain prospects will or will not be leaving school following this season, but nothing is set in stone until this day in mid-January. Expect another record amount of prospects to enter

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Landry - WR - Tigers

LSU beat writer Jim Kleinpeter believes it is likely junior WRs Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. declare for May's NFL Draft following this season.

It makes sense, as the duo will lose quarterback Zach Mettenberger to the pros at the end of the year. Landry and Beckham Jr. have taken the next step this season, partially because of Mettenberger's progression as a vertical passer. Both receivers win at the catch point in contested situations and show the body control to separate. Landry currently ranks as Josh Norris No. 31 overall prospect, with Beckham Jr. just behind.
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Oct 30 - 2:39 PM

It'll be interesting to see which one of these guys goes first.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota senior DL Ra'Shede Hageman has emerged as Mel Kiper's No. 21 prospect.

"Supremely athletic, he's starting to figure out how to play the position better and now has to be considered a likelier bet to go in Round 1," Kiper writes. The former tight end will likely test extremely well at the Combine and projects as a versatile option in a three or or four man front.

Oct 31 - 10:42 AM

My dreams of having Carradine and Hageman on our DL are a pipe dream, it seems.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At this point there's not a consensus opinion amongst the scouts, nonetheless this is good news for a team like the 9ers since I believe we desperately need CB and WR depth.

Jason Verrett - DB - Horned Frogs

Two of five NFL executives that spoke with NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah believe CB is the deepest position in May's draft.

"I've seen a lot of good cornerbacks this fall," One exec said. "Guys like (Aaron) Colvin (Oklahoma), (Lamarcus) Joyner (Florida State), (Justin) Gilbert (Oklahoma State) and (Jason) Verrett (TCU) are all really good players. There's also a bunch of talented underclassmen that could come out early." Another executive added, "the cornerback depth is the best I've seen in a while." We would add Virginia Tech senior Kyle Fuller to the list.

Oct 30 - 3:19 PM

I've been a pretty big Verrett fan. He or Bradley Roby would start right away on the Niners IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everett Golson - QB - Fighting Irish

Redshirt sophomore QB Everett Golson is know gripping the football with the laces after working with coach George Whitfield.

Golson, who will likely return to Notre Dame this winter, has been working with Whitfield this semester. The former starting Irish quarterback used throw the football without finding the laces, but that likely hampered his grip and accuracy. We expect Golson to regain his starting spot once rejoining Notre Dame.
Source: Bruce Feldman on Twitter

Nov 1 - 10:35 AM

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think San Fran will likely go with defense in the first round and a WR with one of their 2 second round picks thank you Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs you now have the permission to lose the rest of your games making that 2nd round pick higher for the Niners.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Considering the backup quarterback, the 49ers and the 2014 NFL Dr | Chat49ers.com

In no particular order, but here are some guys I would welcome as our #2 QB (if they happen to be still available in the 3rd round. Or even perhaps the 4th round):

Jimmy Garoppolo; Keith Price; Braxton Miller; Tajh Boyd; Aaron Murray. I don't see a reason why anyone of of those guys wouldn't be able to beat out Colt McCoy for the #2 spot.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Beckham declares he would look ultra awesome in a Niners uniform. Even more awesome when he makes Sherman and browner his Sunday bitches.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler is starting to lean more towards Fresno State's Derek Carr as the top senior QB in the country.

"If you’re looking for a technically-sound passer with flawless footwork who stands in the face of pressure, then Carr likely isn’t your guy," Brugler writes. "But if you want a quarterback with a golden arm, quick release and the appetite for football, then Carr will grow on you the more you watch him..." Brugler goes on to suggest a top-10 selection is a real possibility. Just like this Stafford comparison, expect to read some mentioning Carr and Cutler in the same sentence.
Source: CBS Sports

Nov 5 - 2:00 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more I watch Khalil Mack, the more and more I'd love to see him in the a 49ers uniform. We don't have a HUGE need at OLB, but if he's there at the right time, I'd take a long, hard look at him. The same kind of situation I'd approach Ra'Shede Hageman with. Two of my favorite players in this draft for me.

Two mid/late round guys I'd love to get my hands on are Adam Muema (RB/SDSU) and Charles Sawyer (CB/Ole Miss).

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to Agree Sawyer could end up being a steal in later third or the fourth round think he has the potential to become a damned good corner in the Niners system.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dominique Easley - DL - Gators

Senior DT Dominique Easley has withdrawn from Florida to begin his NFL draft preparation, according to Neil Stratton.

Easley has reportedly signed with Tom Santanello of Elevate Football. This decision is not out of the ordinary for an injured prospect in his final season of college football, and Easley will probably receive great attention during his rehab process from a second major knee injury. We absolutely love his game from the 1 or 3 technique. He makes a living disrupting opponents' plans on their side of the line of scrimmage.
Source: Neil Stratton on Twitter

Nov 6 - 3:37 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lamarcus Joyner - DB - Seminoles

One NFL scout called Florida State senior DB Lamarcus Joyner "legit."

"He's fast and twitchy and instinctive. He's so much fun to watch," the scout added. This is great news, since some evaluators might drop Joyner due to his lack of ideal measurables. If they like his tape, Joyner could wind up as a top-32 selection. He fits as a versatile defensive weapon.
Source: CBS Sports

Nov 6 - 4:07 PM