• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember seeing this dude play when he was at Rutgers, I was a little impress. Then he transferred and lost years...anyway, I saw him play again earlier this year against my beloved Noles. I wasn't impress with him, but then again, it could have been rust from not taking a live snap for such a long period of time. He's a big dude with a strong arm. Not sure how I feel about him now, but I wouldn't be suprise if he ever becomes a legit NFL starter one of these days:

Tom Savage - QB - Panthers

Pittsburgh redshirt senior QB Tom Savage reminds NFL.com's Gil Brandt of Troy Aikman.

"When I update my Hot 100 senior prospects next week, Savage will be on the list. And from the little I've seen of him, he has the chance to ascend into my top 50," Brandt writes. "I was higher on Tannehill than I am on Savage, but it's a similar situation in that Savage is an unheralded QB who has a chance to take off." Savage spent time as a backup with Rutgers, but he's getting his shot with a pair of great receivers at Pittsburgh.
Source: NFL.com

Oct 11 - 12:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater completed 21 of 31 passes for 310 yards, two touchdowns and one interception in Thursday's 24-10 victory over Rutgers.

This and the Kentucky game were Bridgewater's worst two starts this season, and it showed on the field as Louisville didn't put Rutgers away until late in the fourth quarter. Of course, Bridgewater was still easily the best player on the field even on an off-day. He's posted an amazing 18/2 TD/INT ratio this year and led the Cardinals to a 6-0 start.

Oct 10 - 11:17 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandon Coleman - WR - Scarlet Knights

Rutgers redshirt junior WR Brandon Coleman hauled in five catches for 66 yards in Thursday's loss against Louisville.

Coleman went off for nine catches, 94 yards and two touchdowns in the opener against Fresno State, but he hasn't caught a TD touchdown since and has accumulated only 11 catches in the five subsequent games. Gary Nova isn't doing a good job of feeding his star receiver, but Coleman's consistency also needs obvious work. Today's output was a step in the right direction.

Oct 10 - 11:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DeVante Parker - WR - Cardinals

Louisville junior WR DeVante Parker (shoulder) missed Thursday's game against Rutgers.

Parker suffered the shoulder injury last week against Temple. An MRI must have given player and team pause, but neither party is required to disclose medical information to the public. Parker leads the Cardinals with 21 receptions for 375 yards and six touchdowns. We should soon know more about his ongoing status.
Source: Pat Forde on Twitter

Oct 10 - 9:44 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler was told by one scout that Eastern Illinois senior QB Jimmy Garoppolo could be a first-round selection.

Eastern Illinois, the home of Sean Payton and Tony Romo, have a nice player in Garoppolo, but this is a bit surprising. He has a great trigger due to quick decisions, but he isn't contested by pressure very often. Still, a mobile quarterback who makes quick reads with velocity could be coveted in the NFL. He isn't afraid to go downfield, either.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Oct 11 - 9:08 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah notes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore Johnny Manziel "extends plays better than any other" QB he has ever evaluated.

Jeremiah cites Manziel's combination of athleticism and creativity as the building blocks for this rare ability. His mobility was even more impressive considering Manziel injured his left knee in the first half against Ole Miss, but went on to rush for two touchdowns. Manziel is a difficult NFL evaluation, but his skill to extend plays mirrors Tony Romo, which has resulted in success at the next level.

Oct 15 - 10:23 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't like this. Don't encourage him against the Noles:

Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris publicly challenged junior WR Sammy Watkins in advance of Saturday's game against Florida State.

"You want to be an All-ACC player," Morris told reporters. "You want to be an All-American. You want to be all this and more -- well, those guys show up every day. Those type of guys show up every day and in the big games. This is a big game, and we'll see." As a true freshman in 2011, Watkins, a Florida native, hauled in seven passes for 141 yards and two touchdowns in a victory over FSU. He accumulated just 24 receiving yards last season in Clemson's 49-37 loss. In that game, Morris said that the Seminoles "physically whipped us at the wide receiver position" and "our wide receivers spent more time on the ground than the ball did." Watkins has hauled in 36 receptions for 582 yards and four TD in 2013; he's a potential Top-15 pick.

Oct 14 - 7:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

USC junior WR Marqise Lee is considered questionable for Saturday's game against Notre Dame.

Lee sat out last week's game against Arizona, despite calling the injury "very minor." The production has not been there, and Lee even looks a bit different on tape this season. He has never had an overly explosive style, but his smooth body control and catch radius should translate well to the NFL.
Source: Rich Hammond on Twitter

Oct 15 - 9:17 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jackson Jeffcoat - DE - Longhorns

Texas senior DE Jackson Jeffcoat is a "technician with his hands," according to former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah.

Jeremiah adds Jeffcoat "doesn't have elite quickness or power" and the senior defensive end is viewed as "a mid-round prospect by NFL scouts, but that could change if he keeps playing like he did against the Sooners." Jeffcoat displayed more burst before a major injury last season, and we question if he is a better pass rusher than former teammate Alex Okafor.

Oct 15 - 10:37 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

Oregon redshirt QB Marcus Mariota said he will not discuss his NFL future until the after the season.

"My family and I have decided to hold off on these conversations until after the season," Mariota told a Portland radio station. "We're obviously going to put the pros and cons together, and we're going to do what's best for the family. At the same time, my education is important... I love Oregon. I love the community. We'll decide when the time is right." We fully expect Mariota to enter May's draft, and that decision will be made in January.
Source: 750 The Game

Oct 16 - 10:19 AM

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

Oregon redshirt QB Marcus Mariota said he will not discuss his NFL future until the after the season.

"My family and I have decided to hold off on these conversations until after the season," Mariota told a Portland radio station. "We're obviously going to put the pros and cons together, and we're going to do what's best for the family. At the same time, my education is important... I love Oregon. I love the community. We'll decide when the time is right." We fully expect Mariota to enter May's draft, and that decision will be made in January.
Source: 750 The Game

Oct 16 - 10:19 AM

MAY??!!?!?!?!? GOD DAMNIT I FORGOT

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This dude is definitely going to get drafted in the top 10:

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude is definitely going to get drafted in the top 10:

Love him. If we hadn't taken Tank last year, I'd be all over grabbing him this year. I'd still be all over it if he fell far enough. I'd LOVE to see him in this system.

Leaps and bounds better than Stephon Tuitt.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sorry if this has already been posted:

University of Oklahoma Trey Metoyer Charged | ArrestNation.com - The Sports Arrests Database

Arrested for indecent exposure. Y'know, of all the things for which college FB players get arrested, this one probably doesn't spell as much potential NFL trouble as the others do. But he does seem like a bit of a weirdo when you look at the details of the arrests.

He won't be back at OK, and they're calling this a felony. Dude may have pissed away any chance he might've had at going pro' (no pun intended).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, do the Niners bring in Metoyer as a late-round pick or UDFA? He could continue the 49er tradition of people who like to whip their junk out in front of people.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can Ra'Sheda play OLB?

Occasional snaps here and there, if Vic cute and fancy with things. So to answer your question, No! That is not his natural position. As Clyde hinted, he's best suited as a 5 technique end. It would be a waste in trying to make him play out of position. It's like saying, can Percy Harvin play RB full-time in the NFL? Occasional snaps here and there, but that is not his true position. I've seen Justin Smith line up as a LB for us in several games (a few snaps here and there). So who know what Vic would try to do.