• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone watch Ronald Powell closely this year? I've tried to, but I only caught a couple of Florida games. Could be a sleeper. He & Moncrief are the 2 guys I think have the best chance of being enormous later-round steals.

...Seantrel Henderson might too if he has his head on straight.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sammy Watkins can stay healthy, there's no way anyone should have Marqise Lee over him. But that's a big IF. Seems like one of those guys who will continually be nicked up from time to time and that gets pretty annoying.

I was never as big of a Lee fan as most people. I like him, I don't LOVE him. He's my #3 right now in a relatively week WR class.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Sammy Watkins can stay healthy, there's no way anyone should have Marqise Lee over him. But that's a big IF. Seems like one of those guys who will continually be nicked up from time to time and that gets pretty annoying.

I was never as big of a Lee fan as most people. I like him, I don't LOVE him. He's my #3 right now in a relatively week WR class.

That's exactly how I feel, but I think I like Lee a little bit more than you. I think he's a legit late first round prospect. Reggie Wayne was a late first rounder, and Lee reminds me of Reggie Wayne a lot. As a matter of fact, I thought Justin Blackmon should have gone somewhere in the mid to late first round, but he went a bit earlier. I like Lee better as a prospect than Blacmon when comparing these two players when they were at this stage of their career. Blackmon is a solid #1 receiver, and Lee will be one too. If we can't trade up to get Watkins in the first, I'd rather stay put and target another position of need. I would opt to address the WR position in the second round with someone like Brandin Cooks or Rashad Greene; of course it would require us to move up in the early second round for us to have a chance to draft one of these two.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly how I feel, but I think I like Lee a little bit more than you. I think he's a legit late first round prospect. Reggie Wayne was a late first rounder, and Lee reminds me of Reggie Wayne a lot. As a matter of fact, I thought Justin Blackmon should have gone somewhere in the mid to late first round, but he went a bit earlier. I like Lee better as a prospect than Blacmon when comparing these two players when they were at this stage of their career. Blackmon is a solid #1 receiver, and Lee will be one too. If we can't trade up to get Watkins in the first, I'd rather stay put and target another position of need. I would opt to address the WR position in the second round with someone like Brandin Cooks or Rashad Greene; of course it would require us to move up in the early second round for us to have a chance to draft one of these two.

Late first is where I'd have Lee too.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Davis - WR - Longhorns

Texas senior WR Mike Davis caught six passes for 64 yards in a 31-30 win over Iowa State.

Davis had been dealing with an ankle injury that limited him for some time. Expect to hear his name quite a bit in the few days after cameras caught him taking a low cheap shot on an Iowa State defensive back in the endzone. Some will question if he should miss game action because of it.

Oct 4 - 9:39 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnathan Gray - RB - Longhorns

Texas sophomore RB Johnathan Gray rushed for 89 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries in a 31-30 win over Iowa State.

He added three receptions for 15 yards. Gray started the game with a 45 yard run, but Mack brown seemed to abandon the ground game after that for no real reason. Gray averaged 5.6 yards per carry while another back average nine yards.

Oct 4 - 9:51 AM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm seeing more out of Tim Bennett CB for Indiana than I ever had out of Roby. The guy should have 3 INTs today instead has 0

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I strongly agree:

Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

Oregon redshirt sophomore QB Marcus Mariota completed 16 of 27 attempts for 355 yards and five touchdowns in a 57-16 win over Colorado.

He added 43 rushing yards and two touchdowns. Mariota carved up the Colorado defense, standing in the pocket and firing after working through progressions. The NFL is looking for quick decision makers, and Mariota wins from inside and out of the pocket. We think he is clearly in the top two among prospects at the position with Teddy Bridgewater,

Oct 6 - 10:12 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Strange:

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier told reporters junior DE Jadeveon Clowney held himself out of Saturday's game against Kentucky.

Clowney apparently dropped the news to Spurrier just before the game. "I will just say he told me he couldn't play," Spurrier said. "If he wants to play, we will welcome him to come play for the team if he wants." Clowney officially missed the game due to bruised ribs, but everyone affiliated with the team seemed surprised he sat out. Many had no idea about the injury throughout the week. This will obviously fuel the fire for people believing Clowney is packing it in this season. We won't go there just yet, at least until he opts for surgery to repair bone spurs in his foot.
Source: Go Gamecocks

Oct 6 - 9:18 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sammy Watkins - WR - Tigers

Clemson junior WR Sammy Watkins caught four passes for 126 yards and a touchdown in a 49-14 win over Syracuse.

91 of Watkins' 126 yards occurred on a single play, which showed the junior taking an intermediate pass to the house with yards after the catch. He high pointed another sideline shot near the endzone. Obviously Watkins is a very good talent and potential top 10 selection.

Oct 5 - 8:27 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

Clemson senior QB Tajh Boyd completed 20 of 27 attempts for 455 yards, five touchdowns, and two interceptions in a 49-14 win over Syracuse.

Boyd threw an interception in the second quarter on an overthrow and again in the third quarter on a tipped pass along the sideline. We love Boyd's throwing platforms and improved pocket mobility. The Clemson passer is making more and more NFL throws each week. He added a 16 yard run.

Oct 5 - 8:11 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Allen Robinson - WR - Nittany Lions

Penn State junior WR Allen Robinson caught 12 passes for 173 yards and two touchdowns in a 44-24 loss to Indiana.

Robinson is one of the best receivers in the country and was targeted early and often with Penn State playing from behind in the second half. He benefits from a quarterback like Christian Hackenberg.

Oct 5 - 4:55 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Cardinals

Louisville junior QB Teddy Bridgewater completed 25 of 35 attempts for 348 yards and two touchdowns in a 30-7 win over Temple.

Bridgewater continues to beat up whoever he faces, showing great touch and placement at every level of the field. We've seen him play some very talented defenses in Florida, UConn, and Rutgers last season, but expect to hear his level of competition questioned throughout the draft process.

Oct 5 - 3:32 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like this kid so much, would love to see him in a 9ers uni:

Kyle Van Noy - LB - Cougars

BYU senior OLB Kyle Van Noy made five tackles, one for a loss, and recorded an interception against Utah State on Friday.

Some might point to Van Noy only have one sack to his name through four games, but the senior was everywhere on Friday night. His versatility is excellent, which could land him in a strong side linebacker role next to a four man down lineman front.

Oct 5 - 10:59 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Montgomery had a huge game for Stanford against Washington. Really intriguing guy for the 49ers IMO as a 2nd/3rd round guy IF he declares.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

USA Today's Dan Wolken believes this season has been a bust so far for South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney.

"For whatever reason or reasons, Clowney has barely been a factor this season for the No. 12 Gamecocks, which is incomprehensible given the conversation that surrounded him this past summer," Wolken writes. "Instead, Clowney has been a mystery man: Good, at times, but ineffective at others and overly frustrated that teams have game planned around him, running a large percentage of plays to the opposite side of the field." We've defended Clowney's on-field performance since the season opener because he is forcing opponents to change their gameplans and work to certain sections of the field, but his choice to not play against Kentucky this past weekend could be deemed questionable.
Source: USA Today

Oct 7 - 9:25 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

The MMQB's Peter King spoke to one longtime NFL scout who noted it would not surprise him if nine QBs earned first-round grades this May.

"It would not surprise me when we make our board if we have nine quarterbacks with first-round grades," the scout said. "Not at all. Obviously, that depends on which underclassmen declare, and you hear things out there. But I could see it." King notes that doesn't mean nine quarterbacks will go in the first-round. In fact, King says that won't happen. "This road scout said the most intriguing prospect he’d seen this season was 6-5, 235-pound LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger, who he said has improved a lot under new offensive Cam Cameron," King added.
Source: The MMQB

Oct 7 - 9:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stephon Tuitt - DL - Fighting Irish

Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly admits junior DL Stephon Tuitt's offsetting hernia surgery has affected his game.

"The surgery that he had has affected his back; it's affected his hip flexors," Kelly said. "Some people dismiss it and say, 'Well, you know, you just had minor surgery.' Well, it's affected a lot of things." We previously blurbed about Tuitt gaining weight prior to the season, and it has noticeably impacted his success. Tuitt and nose tackle Louis Nixx III have been disappointments this season.
Source: USA Today

Oct 7 - 9:34 AM