• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is happier that his stock has fallen than I. He's probably right on top of my wish list right about now. If the Niners can get him with their first rounder I'll be ecstatic.

Undisciplined and has raw technique, but the talent is off the charts. If I'm confident in the defensive coaches and system, I'd have no qualms about taking him in the first.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Louis Nix - DL - Fighting Irish

Notre Dame junior NT Louis Nix III (knee) will miss the remainder of the season.

Nix underwent season-ending meniscus surgery on Thursday. Between this procedure and his underwhelming game tape from earlier this season, there's a chance that Nix returns to South Bend for his senior season. Entering the season, the massive defensive lineman seemed to be a lock to be a Top-15 selection in the 2014 NFL Draft, but that is obviously no longer assured. Kona Schwenke and Jarron Jones are expected to share snaps at nose guard in Nix's place.
Source: Eric Hansen on Twitter

Nov 21 - 7:09 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Khalil Mack - LB - Bulls

Buffalo senior OLB Khalil Mack received an invite to the Senior Bowl.

As Phil Steele pointed out on Twitter, Mack is only the second Buffalo player to be invited to the showcase, along with Gerry Philbin, who was invited in 1964 and played for the Jets. Mack's 72.5 career tackles for loss are only 2.5 behind the NCAA record. Mack already holds the collegiate record for forced fumbles, with 16 during his time at Buffalo. He's going to be a very wealthy man next summer.
Source: Phil Steele on Twitter

Nov 21 - 7:15 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ja'Wuan James - T - Volunteers

Tennessee T Ja'Wuan James will attend the Senior Bowl.

James has been a bit overshadowed for a few years now by Dallas Thomas and Antonio Richardson, but he has produced some nice film as a right tackle. He might be tried on the left side for some snaps in Mobile, and could impress enough to earn a third-round selection.
Source: Justin Van Fulpen on Twitter

Nov 22 - 9:22 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Daniel McCullers - DL - Volunteers

Tennessee DT Daniel McCullers has been invited to the Senior Bowl.

McCullers only spent two seasons with the Volunteers and has played in two different schemes during that time. He is a massive nose tackle type that struggles with leverage, but McCullers flashes some unique movement skills for someone of his stature.

Nov 22 - 9:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Colvin - DB - Sooners

Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin has been invited to the Senior Bowl.

Some love Colvin and list him among the top seniors at the position. He started off the season very slowly but did improve as more games passed. Some evaluators could link Colvin to former Sooner corners and be scared off, but it will be interesting to see him on an island in coverage during drills.

Nov 22 - 9:50 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks compared Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr to Tony Romo.

"If I had to issue a grade, I would place him at the top of the second round -- a potential NFL starter in a year or so whose pro comparison could be Tony Romo -- with the belief that he could go much higher in the draft when general managers and coaches take a hard look at his game," Brooks writes. We think Carr's game is more similar to Jay Cutler or Matthew Stafford, specifically because of his tendency to throw with unbalanced footwork. We expect Carr to light up the Senior Bowl, and there is a strong chance he emerges as a first-round pick.
Source: NFL.com

Nov 22 - 1:37 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mannnn I wish the search feature would work on here. I know there's been a lot of talk about Roby and I don't see as many posts as I KNOW there are on Bradley Roby. Before the season, no one was saying he was raw, but people were actually praising his coverage skills. Then a spotlight was put on Roby and he came up toast.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mannnn I wish the search feature would work on here. I know there's been a lot of talk about Roby and I don't see as many posts as I KNOW there are on Bradley Roby. Before the season, no one was saying he was raw, but people were actually praising his coverage skills. Then a spotlight was put on Roby and he came up toast.

You do realize things in college are fluid, right? People were in love with Roby, including myself, because he was a sophomore, and an improvement over his junior year in terms of rawness and technique was expected.

You're always trying to catch someone in a "gotcha" moment. It's getting annoying.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khalil Mack - LB - Bulls

Buffalo senior OLB Khalil Mack received an invite to the Senior Bowl.

As Phil Steele pointed out on Twitter, Mack is only the second Buffalo player to be invited to the showcase, along with Gerry Philbin, who was invited in 1964 and played for the Jets. Mack's 72.5 career tackles for loss are only 2.5 behind the NCAA record. Mack already holds the collegiate record for forced fumbles, with 16 during his time at Buffalo. He's going to be a very wealthy man next summer.
Source: Phil Steele on Twitter

Nov 21 - 7:15 PM

my second favorite player in the draft behind Bridgewater

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You do realize things in college are fluid, right? People were in love with Roby, including myself, because he was a sophomore, and an improvement over his junior year in terms of rawness and technique was expected.

You're always trying to catch someone in a "gotcha" moment. It's getting annoying.

Also, just because a player doesn't live up to his own personal hype doesn't mean he's no longer a great player. If the average CB prospect is a 70 and people are people expect a 95 from a guy and he's really only a 90, that doesn't mean he's not a great prospect.

And the draft is about projecting what a guy is going to do in the future; it's not about saying how good the guy is right this second. And it's extremely complicated because you have to look into the guy's personality & guess what he'd do with a million dollars in the bank, etc.

I remember one of my biggest misses I've ever had was Wendel Bryant in 2001. I LOVED that guy; but when he got some money he became a drug addict.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I see what you're saying, but no. You can't say a guy can cover his sophomore year then say he's raw the next. In terms of talent, in terms of run support, the guy is probably 2nd to none at the CB position, but there were people saying from early on that he was good in coverage. That has yet to be seen.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you're saying, but no. You can't say a guy can cover his sophomore year then say he's raw the next. In terms of talent, in terms of run support, the guy is probably 2nd to none at the CB position, but there were people saying from early on that he was good in coverage. That has yet to be seen.

Find me ONE quote from me or Sickness saying the guy, in his sophomore year, is a great cover corner. All I've said was the guy, from a physical standpoint, is a great prospect. Not once did I say he didn't have things to work on. He was my #1 CB coming into the season, now he's my #2. It happens. Sometimes prospects from their sophomore years to their junior years or from their junior years to their senior years don't improve as much as expected.

The guy still has #1 CB potential, and as I said, with the right coaching staff and a good fit system, I'd have ZERO qualms about taking him the first. He wouldn't exactly be the first "raw" prospect to be drafted that high.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He did pretty damn good against penn st no? Just saying. He was supposed to get burned and embarrassed according to you. You are biased when it comes to Roby just like I am. But my biased is closer to what he is that your hatred for him.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Find me ONE quote from me or Sickness saying the guy, in his sophomore year, is a great cover corner. All I've said was the guy, from a physical standpoint, is a great prospect. Not once did I say he didn't have things to work on. He was my #1 CB coming into the season, now he's my #2. It happens. Sometimes prospects from their sophomore years to their junior years or from their junior years to their senior years don't improve as much as expected.

The guy still has #1 CB potential, and as I said, with the right coaching staff and a good fit system, I'd have ZERO qualms about taking him the first. He wouldn't exactly be the first "raw" prospect to be drafted that high.

Just searched the 49ers board for "Roby" and got no posts past the day Oct 26th 2013 and there are only nine TOTAL posts with Roby's name. Pretty sure he's been talked about far more than that.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He did pretty damn good against penn st no? Just saying. He was supposed to get burned and embarrassed according to you. You are biased when it comes to Roby just like I am. But my biased is closer to what he is that your hatred for him.

Allen Robinson still had 173 yards IIRC albeit a lot of them were in garbage time. It was more Hackenburg not targeting Robinson (Or the playcalling not drawing up plays for Robinson).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just searched the 49ers board for "Roby" and got no posts past the day Oct 26th 2013 and there are only nine TOTAL posts with Roby's name. Pretty sure he's been talked about far more than that.

:doh:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man do I love watching Devonta Freeman play. Every time I watch him I fall more and more in love with him. My favorite RB in a very weak RB class.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Allen Robinson still had 173 yards IIRC albeit a lot of them were in garbage time. It was more Hackenburg not targeting Robinson (Or the playcalling not drawing up plays for Robinson).

All of them did. Roby hasnt been great this year, but the talent is there.