• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

andrefelder1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yo you niners fans know you guys have no wrs right?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr completed 27 of 37 attempts for 527 yards and seven touchdowns in the school's 69-28 win over New Mexico.

Carr also added 26 rushing yards. The younger brother of David is dealing this season and is posting huge numbers. His game has improved as well, especially in terms of handling pressure. He will dominate during Senior Bowl week.

Nov 24 - 10:21 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Carr - QB - Bulldogs

Fresno State senior QB Derek Carr completed 27 of 37 attempts for 527 yards and seven touchdowns in the school's 69-28 win over New Mexico.

Carr also added 26 rushing yards. The younger brother of David is dealing this season and is posting huge numbers. His game has improved as well, especially in terms of handling pressure. He will dominate during Senior Bowl week.

Nov 24 - 10:21 AM

If I were a QBs coach Derek Carr is a guy I'd LOVE to get my hands on as a guy who can develop into something in a year or two. Extremely talented. He's still a little sketchy in terms of pocket movement and footwork, but if he drops to the 2nd round someone will eventually get a steal if they bring him along slowly.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm very intrigued with this kid, because of his skill as a RS. He's a spectacular athlete:

Ty Montgomery - WR - Cardinal

Stanford sophomore WR Ty Montgomery tied a Cardinal school record with five touchdowns in Saturday's 63-13 blowout of California.

If matching a record can somehow look easy, this is how it's done: Montgomery scored the first four times he touched the ball against the Bears. In the end, he had tied Darrin Nelson's record set at Oregon State in 1981. Montgomery had five receptions for 160 yards by halftime; he didn't catch a ball in the second half as coach David Shaw called off the dogs.

Nov 24 - 6:51 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy will not list our own pick in the 2nd or KC's pick (our's now) in the second. He would have been a nice player to target in the early 2nd round, if we didn't piss away a relatively high pick on Vance last year. Even if we didn't have Vance, TE is not our biggest need right now considering how freaking poorly we are playing (QB might be a "need" in the 2nd round next year depending on who's available). Not giving up on Kap yet, but I'm just saying...

Eric Ebron - TE - Tar Heels

UNC junior TE Eric Ebron announced his intent to enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

Head coach Larry Fedora said Ebron will participate in the team's senior activities. "I couldn't ask for anything more for a season... couldn't imagine a better way to end career than to beat Duke and get the Victory Bell back," Ebron said. The athletic tight end could be the first prospect at the position off the board in May. He's got solid movement skills, displays alignment versatility, and has improved his consistency at the catch point.
Source: Tar Heel Football on Twitter

Nov 25 - 12:15 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List I've compiled so far of players declaring / returning. I'll keep updating it as soon as news comes out about players.

Declared / Expected to Declare

QBs:
Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M

RBs:
Alfred Blue, LSU
Jeremy Hill, LSU

WRs:
Odell Beckham, LSU
Chris Boyd, Vanderbilt
Jarvin Landry, LSU

TEs:
Eric Ebron, North Carolina
Colt Lyerla, Oregon

DL:
Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
Dominique Easley, Florida
Kelcy Quarles, South Carolina

LBs:

CBs:
Bradley Roby, Ohio St.

S:

Returning / Expected to Return

QBs:
Bryce Petty, Baylor

RBs:

WRs:
Austin Hill, WR, Arizona

TEs:
Jace Amaro, Texas Tech

OL:

DL:

LBs:

CBs:

S:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very intrigued with this kid, because of his skill as a RS. He's a spectacular athlete:

Ty Montgomery - WR - Cardinal

Stanford sophomore WR Ty Montgomery tied a Cardinal school record with five touchdowns in Saturday's 63-13 blowout of California.

If matching a record can somehow look easy, this is how it's done: Montgomery scored the first four times he touched the ball against the Bears. In the end, he had tied Darrin Nelson's record set at Oregon State in 1981. Montgomery had five receptions for 160 yards by halftime; he didn't catch a ball in the second half as coach David Shaw called off the dogs.

Nov 24 - 6:51 PM

If he wasn't plagued with massively inconsistent hands like Ginn he'd be raved about all over.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wasn't plagued with massively inconsistent hands like Ginn he'd be raved about all over.

Ty Montgomery is one of the most intriguing WRs in the country to me from a pure physical standpoint, but he needs a lot of work in terms of WR skills. If I were him I'd return another for year. He's got round 1 talent if it puts it all together.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

UCLA head coach Jim Mora Jr. compared USC junior WR Marqise Lee to Marvin Harrison.

Lee also drew a comparison to Santonio Holmes from an AFC scouting director a few weeks ago. Lee has been hobbled by injuries and poor quarterback play, but he could finish the season strong against UCLA. We wouldn't be shocked if he lasts until the later parts of the first-round.
Source: Jack Wang on Twitter

Nov 26 - 12:08 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Travis Swanson - C - Razorbacks

It is very possible Arkansas senior C Travis Swanson winds up as a first-round pick, according to CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.

Brugler has heard as much from sources. Head coach Bret Bielema called Swanson "no less" than a second-round pick earlier in the week, and he could end up being the first center off the board.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Nov 26 - 11:18 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid was killing my 'Noles earlier this year:

Andre Williams - RB - Eagles

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes Boston College senior RB Andre Williams is "the premier downhill back in college football."

"I believe he could thrive as an Alfred Morris-like feature back in a downhill scheme," Brooks writes. "...Williams is at his best working between the tackles, and his efficient running style would lead to few negative plays in a similar system." Williams has produced at a high rate with a very heavy workload. Brooks sees Williams as a mid-round talent, and although that is definitely possible, we prefer Ohio State's Carlos Hyde at the moment.
Source: NFL.com

Nov 26 - 10:42 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want him as a center:

David Yankey - G - Cardinal

Stanford head coach David Shaw would not be surprised if redshirt junior G David Yankey declared for the NFL.

Shaw also noted that Yankey is "good enough" to make the move right now. The interior offensive line class is not as deep as it was last season, but Yankey would be relevant in any year. We could see him as a top 50 selection.
Source: David Lombardi on Twitter

Nov 26 - 3:20 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers Clemson

QB Tajh Boyd ranks as ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper's No. 8 senior passer.

"Proven performer and leader with ability to make all the throws," Kiper writes. "Lacks height but moves well and has improved decision-making." This slots Boyd behind the likes of Logan Thomas and Tom Savage. If this is any indication, Boyd could be drafted much later than we originally thought. Possibly in the sixth- or seventh-round.
Source: ESPN

Nov 26 - 2:13 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Accepted invites to the Senior Bowl:

Fresno State QB Derek Carr
Georgia QB Aaron Murray (Accepted before he tore his ACL; will eventually be replaced)

Brigham Young WR Cody Hoffman
Northwestern WR Kain Colter
Tulane WR Ryan Grant
Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis
Wyoming WR Robert Herron

Georgia TE Arthur Lynch
Iowa TE C.J. Fiedorowicz

Nevada OT Joel Bitonio
Virginia OT Morgan Moses

Ohio State OG Jack Mewhort

Arkansas C Travis Swanson

Arkansas DE Chris Smith
Georgia Tech DE Jeremiah Attaochu

Princeton DT Caraun Reid
Virginia DT Brent Urban

Wisconsin ILB Chris Borland

Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard
Utah CB Keith McGill

Florida State S Terrence Brooks

Rice K Chris Boswell

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jace Amaro - TE - Red Raiders

Texas head coach Mack Brown compared Texas Tech junior TE Jace Amaro to a "bigger, thicker Jermichael Finley."

"I think he'll be a great pro player," Brown said Monday. "He's not a good player. He's a great player. Unless you give him special attention, you are going to lose the game." Our own Josh Norris has ranked Jace Amaro highly for weeks, and now lists him among the top 15 players in the entire draft. He fits where the tight end position is going in the NFL.
Source: Dallas Morning News

Nov 27 - 10:16 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jordan Matthews - WR - Commodores

NFL.com's Charles Davis believes Vanderbilt senior WR Jordan Matthews is a top five prospect at his position.

"He is a big-time player," Davis writes. "I'm reminded of Eric Decker when I watch Matthews... He has terrific hands and runs excellent routes. We'll have to see about his speed when he runs at the combine, but I think he will surprise people as a runner." We have seen Matthews get a lot of first-round love, and although we respect his consistency and strength at the catch point, Matthews looks more like a second day selection.
Source: NFL.com

Nov 27 - 9:43 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Richardson - WR - Buffaloes

Draft insider Tony Pauline reports that Colorado redshirt junior WR Paul Richardson will enter the NFL draft.

Buffalos head coach Mike MacInyre told reporters last week that he would not twist Richardson's arm to stay in Boulder next season, but it appears that the star receiver has already made up his mind to leave. Richardson, who missed last season with a knee injury, has collected 79 catches for 1,289 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2013. His slender frame (6-foot-1, 170 pounds) will ensure durability questions persist, but we like Richardson's deep speed and big-play ability.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Nov 27 - 12:44 AM