• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

The MMQB's Greg Bedard believes Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel has the skills to succeed in the pocket.

"Manziel remains tranquil in the midst of a driving storm," Bedard writes. "He never looks at the rush, his eyes are always downfield; he has a tremendous feel for what’s going on around him; and he doesn’t bolt from the pocket unless he has to. Manziel is a pocket passer. And yet, he’s probably at his best when he’s on the move." It is safe to say Manziel has improved as a passer this season, showing more poise to find lanes with subtle movements rather than large steps in the pocket. His velocity has also improved, which was obvious against Alabama. Still, we believe shorter quarterbacks must be able to throw from multiple platforms and angles, and we will keep watching Manziel in the hopes of finding this. Either way, he fits what the NFL is looking for, but it is too early to predict where he will be drafted.
Source: The MMQB

Sep 17 - 3:48 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid is going to be a stud when he is finally considered draft eligible:

A&M considering medical RS for WR Seals-Jones

Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin is considering tagging freshman WR Ricky Seals-Jones with a medical redshirt this season.

Seals-Jones has been slowed by a knee injury after playing in the season opener against Rice. The massive target caught a 71-yard touchdown pass against the Owls and played sparingly against Alabama after sitting out against Sam Houston State. "That’s an ongoing conversation at this point," Sumlin said. "We’re doing everything that’s right for him because he is a special talent. For him to lose a year if something is not correct and he’s not comfortable... we’re not going to do that." Players can earn a medical hardship waiver if they played in less than 30 percent of that season's games.
Source: Express-News

Sep 18 - 7:08 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If BJ Daniels doesn't develop accordingly by 2014, then this kid could be the backup we need in 2015:

Chuckie Keeton - QB - Aggies

USC head coach Lane Kiffin compared Utah State junior QB Chuckie Keeton to Russell Wilson.

"You can't tackle him, he runs around and makes every throw, he doesn't seem to get rattled and he plays great in big games," Kiffin said. "This is a really special player." Keeton doesn't quite have the same poise in the pocket as Wilson, especially in the face of pressure, but he certainly has mobility and a strong arm. Expect the Trojans to force Keeton to test downfield.
Source: LA Times

Sep 18 - 9:16 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed by Mike Davis. Kid is a baller.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy should be a first rounder next year. Still very young and learning his position, so he's not even close to hitting his ceiling. I'm interested to see what his 40 time is because when I watch him play, I don't see the top end speed to be a deep threat receiver like Jackson:

Texas A&M redshirt sophomore WR Mike Evans

Expect the comparisons to Vincent Jackson to remain all season. Evans is excellent at high pointing passes and toe tapping along the sideline. In fact, he doesn’t have to be open since he creates space at the catch point. Evans’ success starts at the line of scrimmage, where he is able to generate a release against press coverage, dip around physical corner, and use long strides to generate operational space. The body control to flip his back shoulder away and come up with catches contested catches is another desirable trait. These situations are almost uncoverable in single coverage along the sideline. Quarterbacks will love how Evans works back to the football when the offense escapes the pocket. The redshirt sophomore does not go down easily after the catch, using a stiff arm and dipping his shoulder to create extra yards.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

The Star-Telegram's Charean Williams spoke with four NFL scouts that believe Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel will be a first-round pick, with one stating "he will go in the top 10."

"I think Johnny Manziel is that good," the same scout said. "I think the guy is unique, and guys like Russell Wilson have paved the way for him." Another important note Williams added was not one of the seven scouts interviewed believe off-field concerns will affect Manziel’s draft stock. "There is a difference between being a criminal and being a knucklehead," one scout explained. "He’s a knucklehead. We have a lot of knuckleheads on our team."
Source: Star Telegram

Sep 18 - 3:54 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marcus Mariota - QB - Ducks

Oregon redshirt sophomore Marcus Mariota is now listed as NFL Network draft analyst Buck Brooks' No. 1 QB.

Mariota moved up from No. 2. "It's time to give Mariota his props as one of college football's top players," Brooks writes. "He is a stat-stuffing machine with the ability to put up ridiculous numbers as a dual-threat playmaker." Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel moved up to No. 2, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater dropped to No. 3, UCLA's Brett Hundley moved from No. 7 to No. 4, and Clemson's Tajh Boyd dropped one spot to No. 5.
Source: NFL.com

Sep 18 - 2:49 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brett Hundley - QB - Bruins

NFL.com's Charles Davis drew a comparison between UCLA redshirt sophomore QB Brett Hundley and Colin Kaepernick.

"I think he's everything NFL teams are looking for in a quarterback," Davis writes. "He's mobile, but he's very accurate throwing the ball, too... I don't see any deficiencies in Hundley's game. He has good height, and he's not skinny. His arm isn't a pop gun -- he has plenty of strength." After comparing Hundley to Kaepernick, Davis noted he believes the UCLA player is a more accomplished passer than Kaepernick was at this point of his career, but a less gifted runner. We understand the love for Hundley, but he is far from refined and made plenty of mistakes early against Nebraska. If we had to pick one redshirt sophomore quarterback, it would be Oregon's Marcus Mariota.
Source: NFL.com

Sep 18 - 2:28 PM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally been checking out some of J Matthews. He definitely is less than 6' 3" and his lack of speed will hurt his value. I could see a good CB locking him down.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Chiefs play the Eagles tonight! If the Chiefs go 3-0, I think at least 8-8 is in the bag. :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Finally been checking out some of J Matthews. He definitely is less than 6' 3" and his lack of speed will hurt his value. I could see a good CB locking him down.

I've always been very skeptical of his listed height. He moves like a player who's 6'1. Now we have to see what his time speed is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think when the NFL combine is happening, they need to start measuring how high a guy can reach on his toes instead of just his height. I think that would say a lot more about the guy than where the top of his head is.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was missing some easy throws too though. A lot of big miss opportunities that could be the determining factor between a win or a loss at the pro level.

Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

Clemson senior QB Tajh Boyd completed 24 of 37 attempts for 244 yards and three touchdowns against NC State.

He added 38 rushing yards on 13 carries. Boyd felt plenty of pressure against the Wolfpack and responded fairly well. Chad Morris' offense is awesome to watch and NFL teams looking for a new offensive coordinator will likely take note, but Boyd has been very impressive himself. His pocket movement and throwing platforms stand out. He and Zach Mettenberger have been the top senior performers at the position this season.

Sep 20 - 8:36 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm really liking me some Hageman. My only reservation right now about picking him up is that we have Carradine, but the guy would be a monster 5-tech in our system. I'd wait till the combine to know for sure, but the guys is REALLY long.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Still loving my guy C James Stone for Tennessee. Although I'm still not sure whether he exists or if he's a figment of mu imagination.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not as huge a fan of David Yankee as some (at this point).

Ronald Powell will definitely be on my radar this offseason (along with Donte Moncrief). Powell's finally healthy, and I think he could be a steal. If Lemonier earns a starting spot, I could see Powell being a great backup.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm watching Stanford & ASU, and I am very disappointed I'm not getting to see any Barry Sanders Jr. :(

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OSU won 76-0 today. That must've been a nail biter. Biggest victory for the school since like 1934 or something.