• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, I'm really liking me some Hageman. My only reservation right now about picking him up is that we have Carradine, but the guy would be a monster 5-tech in our system. I'd wait till the combine to know for sure, but the guys is REALLY long.

He's a great player. He's going to be a mid/late first rounder, but if he somehow slips in the 2nd round, then the team that's lucky enough to get him at that spot would get one heck of a steal. The way teams have been gashing through our front, my main goal right now would be to land Nix (If Sammy Watkins is out of our reach).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great player. He's going to be a mid/late first rounder, but if he somehow slips in the 2nd round, then the team that's lucky enough to get him at that spot would get one heck of a steal. The way teams have been gashing through our front, my main goal right now would be to land Nix (If Sammy Watkins is out of our reach).

I think Nix is going to be over-drafted a bit. But if Hageman is there in the 2nd, I'm extremely tempted.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always been very skeptical of his listed height. He moves like a player who's 6'1. Now we have to see what his time speed is.

Yeah check him in the huddle when he stands next to the QB. Dead giveaway.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

Oregon State junior WR Brandin Cooks has been "the best receiver in the [Pac-12] conference" this season, according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Cooks may not have the potential of other star Pac-12 wideouts such as Marqise Lee or Shaq Evans, but he's outproduced them all thus far. Cooks has collected an insane 43 receptions for 639 yards with seven touchdowns in 2013. "Cooks has shown impressive short-area quickness and running skills that make him a legitimate threat to take it the distance whenever he touches the ball in the open field," Brooks writes. An NFC scout quoted in the report said Cooks is "more dynamic than (Markus) Wheaton." The scout said Cooks "could quickly rise up the charts this season and emerge as a solid Day 2 prospect in the 2014 draft if he skips his final year of eligibility."
Source: NFL.com

Sep 24 - 2:23 PM

Cook's highlights as a sophomore:

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was able to watch North Carolina play this past weekend, this kid right here is nasty:

Eric Ebron - TE - Tar Heels

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks writes that pro scouts "are smitten with the talent and potential displayed by" UNC junior TE Eric Ebron.

Ebron caught 40 passes for 625 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore, a campaign in which he flashed brilliance but struggled with consistency. He snagged six passes for 108 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's loss to Georgia Tech. The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder "blows past linebackers and safeties down the pipe and uses his size and length to post up defenders unable to match his size and physicality over the middle of the field," writes Brooks. Ebron is so big and athletic that the Tar Heels have used him as a pass-rushing defensive end. "It's not a surprise the Tar Heel star is beginning to attract attention from NFL scouts searching for a Jimmy Graham-like playmaker between the hashes," writes Brooks.

Sep 24 - 2:33 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This guy has the potential to be a special player, but for some reason he is not dominating as he should be:

Martavis Bryant - WR - Tigers

Clemson junior WR Martavis Bryant will play in a limited capacity this weekend against Wake Forest as punishment for his throat-slash TD celebration against North Carolina State.

Tigers coach Dabo Swinney announced the terms of Bryant's "team discipline" on Tuesday, but he wouldn't specify exactly when Bryant would be restricted from the field. Bryant accrued 10 catches for 160 yards and two TDs over his last two games, so Swinney's lenient punishment is understandable. While the throat-slash celebration is no longer tolerated in this country (outside of the UFC, that is; Josh Barnett famously celebrates victories thusly), it was especially embarrassing for Bryant to use the gesture on national television to taunt a team that was a double-digit underdog and had led for most of the game until that point.
Source: Orange and White on Twitter

Sep 24 - 2:56 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Byron Jones #16 CB from Uconn is a legit prospect.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zach Mettenberger - QB - Tigers

All five NFL executives polled by NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah prefer LSU senior QB Zach Mettenberger to Georgia senior QB Aaron Murray.

"I wasn't really high on either guy coming into the season, but Mettenberger has stepped up his play," one executive said. "He has more ability and upside than Murray. I feel like I know exactly what Murray is, while Mettenberger is just scratching the surface." We are in complete agreement, as Mettenberger has continued to improve following last year's Alabama contest. He is one of the true vertical passers in this year's draft.

Sep 25 - 11:40 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dominique Easley - DL - Gators

Florida beat writer Zach Abolverdi reports senior DT Dominique Easley suffered a major knee injury during practice on Tuesday and will likely miss the rest of the season.

It is believed to be a torn ACL. This is so disheartening, since Easley was just making a name for himself on the national stage. We think he still has top 15 talent, but likely won't be selected there thanks to this injury. Easley has three technique size but was dominating at 1 technique thanks to a ridiculous jump off the snap and strong hand use. The interior force also tore his ACL in 2011.
Source: Zach Abolverdi on Twitter

Sep 25 - 11:08 AM

Florida head coach Will Muschamp told reporters senior DT Dominique Easley tweaked his knee in practice on Tuesday.

"He just tweaked it, we think he'll be fine," Muschamp explained. The clarification is important, since reports surfaced that Easley suffered a major injury in the form of a torn ACL. The defensive tackle will be held out of practice on Wednesday. The school is still gathering information on the non-contact injury to Easley's right knee. The defensive tackle's first major injury was to his left knee, which offers another glimmer of hope.
Source: Jason Lieser on Twitter

Sep 25 - 11:28 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks for Easley. Was having a huge year. Was probably a top 3 DL.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

After news broke he is dealing with a knee injury, Florida senior DT Dominique Easley posted an ominous tweet thanks Gator fans for their support the past four years.

The full tweet reads as follows: Gatornation thank you for all of 4 yrs of sticking wi th me but god has something else planned for and have no worries #believe. Some reports stated Easley suffered a torn ACL to his right knee, but head coach Will Muschamp only called it a "tweak." Easley has a history of knee issues since he tore the ACL in his left knee in 2011.
Source: Dominique Easley on Twitter

Sep 25 - 2:13 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gabe Jackson - G - Bulldogs

One NFL scout who attended Mississippi State practices called senior G Gabe Jackson a "really, really impressive player."

"He is one big and powerful man," the scout added. Jackson entered his name into last April's draft but pulled out before the deadline. He received positive reports from the draft advisory board, but we doubt he was going to pass the likes of Jonathan Cooper, Chance Warmack, and Kyle Long. He's a power blocker at heart.
Source: Sun Herald

Sep 25 - 4:14 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeff Driskel - QB - Gators

Florida junior QB Jeff Driskel underwent surgery to repair his injured tibia on Wednesday.

Driskel was injured last week against Tennessee, giving way to redshirt junior passer Tyler Murphy. The Gator quarterback has been trending downward this season, showing erratic tendencies in the face of pressure. We wouldn't be surprised to see him pursue a baseball career after being drafted by the Red Sox.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

Sep 26 - 9:57 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Florida confirmed senior DT Dominique Easley will miss the remainder of the season due to a torn meniscus and ACL in his right knee.

Head coach Will Muschamp got out hopes up after he said Easley only "tweaked" his knee, but other reports stated otherwise. Easley tore the ACL in his left knee in 2011, so at least this isn't a repeat. The senior was the most dominant interior defensive lineman through four weeks of the season and offers great burst and hand use off the snap. He can return under a medical redshirt tag, but we expect Easley to enter May's draft. Our own Josh Norris considers him a top 20 talent, but recognizes he won't be drafted there.
Source: Jason Lieser on Twitter

Sep 25 - 6:49 PM

Sporting News' Matt Hayes tweeted that he's talked to multiple NFL scouts who considered Florida senior DT Dominique Easley a top 10 talent for the 2014 draft.

Our own Josh Norris recently listed Easley as the No. 12 draft-eligible prospect in the country, so the statement is certainly in the realm of possibility. That all changes now that Easley tore the ACL and meniscus in his right knee during practice on Tuesday, sidelining him for the rest of the season. Easley also tore the ACL in his left knee during 2011.
Source: Matt Hayes on Twitter

Sep 26 - 9:33 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw this kid Melvin Gordon play this past weekend, he seems pretty legit. He did some nice things last year too, but this year he seems to be at a different level in comparison to players he's playing against. That "rare talent" on the field. Every time he touched the ball you see the potential for him to take it for a score. He's a natural. I still need to see more of him though.

Melvin Gordon Bio - UWBadgers.com - The Official Athletic Site of the Wisconsin Badgers

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Austin Seferian-Jenkins - TE - Huskies

NFL.com's Charles Davis said Washington junior TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins is "the top tight end in college football right now."

Seferian-Jenkins (6-foot-6, 276 pounds) had a rough season opener against Illinois, but he's been spectacular since. "He can be split out wide and run the wide-receiver routes," writes Davis. "He's improving as a blocker, too. Seferian-Jenkins is more than big enough to handle in-line blocking. Just like Tony Gonzalez, he is a former Pac-12 basketball player and we see that in his game when he runs routes and walls defenders off to make catches just like he's boxing out for a rebound."

Sep 26 - 2:41 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anthony Barr - LB - Bruins

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes an argument can be made for a team selecting UCLA senior OLB Anthony Barr over South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney.

"If you are weighing the two, it comes down to what is the scheme and what is the best fit for what you want to do," Brooks writes. The former NFL scout compared Jadeveon Clowney to Julius Peppers and Anthony Barr to Von Miller, noting the latter can alternate as a stand up rusher next to a three man front and a edge rusher on a four man. "When you really think about his versatility and what he brings to the table, I think you can make an argument that (Barr) may be a guy that is more worthy of being selected at the top of the board than Jadeveon Clowney based on what we have seen on the tape on the field," Brooks added.

Sep 27 - 10:42 AM