• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cyrus Kouandjio - T - Crimson Tide

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks spoke with one AFC personnel director who believes Alabama junior Cyrus Kouandjio might be better off at RT in the NFL.

This statement was "based on his struggles against speed and quickness against" Virginia Tech in the season opener. "Kouandijo struggled handling the speed and quickness of the Hokies' defensive ends, which resulted in a pair of sacks and numerous quarterback hurries from the left side," Brooks adds. We agree that the left tackle didn't look strong in the season opener, but we suggest being patient with Kouandjio. He has a chance to be a top 15 selection.
Source: NFL.com

Sep 11 - 8:21 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Louis Nix - DL - Fighting Irish

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay ranks Notre Dame redshirt junior NT Louis Nix as the No. 3 overall prospect in the 2014 class.

"Nix was double-teamed often against Michigan, but I thought he still played well," McShay writes. "He is a massive nose tackle with the size and strength to be a two-gap plugger in the NFL." It is crazy how agile Nix is fro his mammoth size, and we think there of flashes of Vince Wilfork to his game.
Source: ESPN

Sep 12 - 11:40 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dominique Easley - DL - Gators

Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay believes an argument could be made that Florida senior DT Dominique Easley "has been the most dominant defensive player in college football" this season.

And that is without registering a sack. "He's only about 284 pounds, so he's not huge for the position, but his ability to penetrate and disrupt opposing backfields is really impressive," writes McShay. We are so glad that Easley is finally getting his due after moving into a full-time role on the interior. His jump off the snap and hand use from the 1 or 3 technique has been excellent. Our own Josh Norris believes he's a possible first-rounder.

Sep 12 - 12:04 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Murray - QB - Bulldogs

Georgia senior QB Aaron Murray is "outstanding at throwing the ball in the middle of the field," according to NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

Murray jumped from No. 12 to No. 6 in Brooks' quarterback rankings after his impressive performance against South Carolina. Throwing over the middle of the field is a difficult task for young quarterbacks, since it involves a good amount of anticipation and timing. Murray certainly doesn't have an issue when he gets into a rhythm, and showed improvements when forced out of the pocket.

Sep 12 - 9:18 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, forget Watkins, Lee, and the rest. Me wishes Amari Cooper was in this graft. Best WR prospect since AJ Green. We gotta figure out a way to get our hands on him in a couple of years.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh, forget Watkins, Lee, and the rest. Me wishes Amari Cooper was in this graft. Best WR prospect since AJ Green. We gotta figure out a way to get our hands on him in a couple of years.

Do you like him better than Dorial Green-Beckham. DGB seems like more of a type, in terms of your receier profile over the years of knowing you.

We more than likely not going to be in position to land Cooper or DGB, but Stefan Diggs reminds me so much of DeSean Jackson. I would love to draft him

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cameron Erving - T - Seminoles

ESPN's Mel Kiper held firm with Florida State junior T Cameron Erving's ranking as the No. 9 overall prospect in the 2013 class.

"I wrote in May that Erving was one of the darlings among evaluators I'd spoken with, and now that I've been able to go back and see a lot of him, I can see why," Kiper writes. "He moves so easily, has good instincts and should be more comfortable in 2013. Could challenge the top tackles in the draft class." This puts Erving at the fifth prospect at the position, ahead of Tennessee's Antonio Richardson.

Sep 12 - 1:00 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you like him better than Dorial Green-Beckham. DGB seems like more of a type, in terms of your receier profile over the years of knowing you.

We more than likely not going to be in position to land Cooper or DGB, but Stefan Diggs reminds me so much of DeSean Jackson. I would love to draft him

Yes. Cooper is the #1 WR prospect since Green. He's that good.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ken Guiton - QB - Buckeyes

Ohio State senior QB Kenny Guiton completed 21 of 32 attempts for 276 yards and four touchdowns in a 52-34 Cal.

He added 92 rushing yards. Head coach Urban Meyer insinuated Guiton could see playing time even when Braxton Miller returns thanks to his great play over the last two weeks. The senior isn't afraid to challenge vertically and has been very efficient. Don't be surprised if Guiton earns a postseason all-star appearance and a possible draft selection.

Sep 15 - 11:29 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bishop Sankey - RB - Huskies

NFL.com's Dan Greenspan calls Washington junior RB Bishop Sankey "the best running back college football fans have probably never heard of."

Sankey rushed for 208 yards and a touchdown on 35 carries in Saturday's win over Illinois. He's ran for 139 yards or more in six of his last seven games. "Sankey is a reliable three-down back with good hands," writes Greenspan. "The only concern about Sankey (5-foot-10, 203 pounds) in the eyes of NFL evaluators might be the heavy workload he has racked up in such a short time. After carrying the ball 289 times in 13 games in 2012, Sankey already has 60 carries this season."

Sep 16 - 2:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anthony Barr - LB - Bruins

UCLA senior OLB Anthony Barr's draft stock is rising, according to draft insider Tony Pauline.

Barr was dominant in Saturday's win against Nebraska, recording 11 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss and 3 forced fumbles. The 6-foot-4, 248-pounder is a natural pass rusher, a skill that will translate smoothly to the next level. "Barr's improved instincts and reaction time is noteworthy," writes Pauline. "Unlike last season when he primarily made plays with brute force, Barr is now quickly anticipating the action and properly reading plays as they unfold. That combination of outstanding physical skills and improved football intellect will secure a slot for Barr early in round one."
Source: DraftInsider.net

Sep 16 - 2:44 PM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on Barr's bandwagon for almost 2 years now. Had him in my top-5 going into the season. One of the few players I'm really excited about in this draft.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Two terribly officiated Big-Ten games last week.

1.) My Penn State Nittany Lions on defense push a receiver out of bounds passed the 1st down marker with 2:42 seconds left in the 4th quarter. The receiver ran out without ever going down. The official calls the receiver down inbounds and continues to wind down the clock. UCF was able to run out the to :00.

2.) This:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There was a legitimate reason why I ranked this kid so high on my preseason rankings. I like him a lot. His teammate Kenny Shaw is pretty good too, but he's more of a 5th / 6th round type of guy (location where you strive to get yourself a very good 3rd or 4th receiver on your depth chart).

Rashad Greene - WR - Seminoles

Florida State junior WR Rashad Greene has scored 18 career touchdowns on 139 touches.

That means Greene averages 7.7 touches per touchdown, which is ridiculous. Compare that to Clemson junior receiver Sammy Watkins, who also has accounted for 18 touchdowns but on 252 career touches. Greene will benefit from having another passer with an NFL future in Jameis Winston.
Source: Tom Block on Twitter

Sep 17 - 11:26 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With Stephon Tuitt's stock taking a hit this season and Nix looking like a top 10 pick, Tuitt's quickly moving up my wish list. Just saw the CBS mock with him at 27. I'd jump all over that if I were Baalke.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Stephon Tuitt's stock taking a hit this season and Nix looking like a top 10 pick, Tuitt's quickly moving up my wish list. Just saw the CBS mock with him at 27. I'd jump all over that if I were Baalke.

He's always been overrated. Not even close top-10 pick like a lot of people had him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's always been overrated. Not even close top-10 pick like a lot of people had him.

I would tend to agree, but if we're talking a guy in the late 20's of the draft, I think you would be hard-pressed to find a guy better suited to rush the passer from the 5-tech' spot.

In the offseason, people had Tuitt as a top 10 guy and Nix a guy who would go in the 20's. That's why I was driving the Nix-in-the-first-round bandwagon. However, now that it looks like Nix will be a top 10 pick, I doubt there's much of a chance he's a 49er. If this guy at CBS is anywhere near right about Tuitt, I think he might be a more realistic choice for the Niners.