• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy Jernigan hasn't done anything to remove my "overrated" tag tonight IMO. He made a few god plays, but overall I wasn't all that impressed.

Lamarcus Joyner was impressive.

Garrett Scott? Meh.

Cameron Erving? ...actually, I was watching Scott more & didn't see him enough.

Jernigan is starting to fall I think. More people coming away unimpressed with him when they watch him. Won't comment on him because I haven't watched him yet

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I ask where Bridgewater is, also not asking to poke fun but serious question. Did you watch Cyrus this past week?

I don't know where Bridgewater is at this point. Not AS big of a fan as his as most people. As for Cyrus, no I didn't. I'm not in the states I won't be able to catch the games until week 3.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks believes South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney "still has a lot of work to do to prove he is a worthy candidate as the No. 1 overall pick."

"When I quizzed a few scouts at the Alabama-Virginia Tech game about Clowney's questionable conditioning, most were surprised by his lack of endurance, but few viewed it as a major concern," Brooks writes. One NFC scout added Clowney has a "hall pass" to do whatever he wants in terms of taking plays off. We think it is a bit early to crush Clowney until he has no excuses, i.e. admitting he was sick 24 hours prior to the season opener. Brooks still believes the pass rusher is the top defensive player in the country.
Source: NFL.com

Sep 3 - 10:38 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He ain't never lied. Tell him Danny, they don't even know it:

Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

ESPN college football analyst Danny Kanell said true freshman Jameis Winston is the "most talented person" to ever quarterback the Seminoles.

Winston, of course, is hours away from his college debut on Monday night against Pittsburgh. "When I look at film and see him throw the football or see him run, I see the most talented person at the quarterback position that has ever come through that program," said Kanell, a former Florida State quarterback. "And that includes two Heisman Trophy winners and two first-round draft picks." The 6-foot-4, 227-pound Winston was the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the 2012 recruiting class. Don't expect immediate domination, however: Former Noles QB EJ Manuel, the Buffalo Bills' most recent No. 1 pick, struggled at times in Jimbo Fisher's offense and we expect Winston to similarly (at least initially) mix jaw-dropping displays of athleticism with mouth-agape tactical miscues.
Source: Orlando Sentinel

Sep 2 - 3:58 PM

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston completed 25 of 27 passes for 356 yards and four touchdowns against Pitt.

Pittsburgh doesn't deploy a potent defense, but Winston showed skills that will carry him to success against other opponents. The freshman displayed poise and an ability to win from the pocket to go along with stretching the defense laterally with his feet. Florida State faces Clemson, Miami, and Nevada this season, so those quarterback battles will be fun to watch. We get the feeling Nole fans are more comfortable with Winston running the show than they ever were with E.J. Manuel.

Sep 2 - 11:04 PM
:agree:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barry Sanders - RB - Cardinal

Stanford redshirt freshman RB Barry Sanders remains unfazed by the success of his father.

"If people say I look like him, that is a great compliment," said Sanders "He was one of the best. Why not try to replicate the best?" Sanders could make an impact in the Cardinal backfield after redshirting his freshman season, since head coach David Shaw is looking to replace the departed Stepfan Taylor. The school opens against San Jose State on September 7.
Source: Mercury News

Sep 3 - 9:24 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Murray - QB - Bulldogs

Senior QB Aaron Murray has been sacked 86 times throughout his career at Georgia.

He has started and played in the majority of 42 games, and was not sacked in just seven of those contests. He was sacked at least four times in six games, including last Saturday against Clemson. The Bulldogs have built some draftable offensive lineman during that time, specifically Cordy Glenn and Ben Jones, and some of the takedowns are on Murray.
Source: The Telegraph

Sep 3 - 11:09 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs

Georgia sophomore RB Todd Gurley drew a comparison to Jamal Lewis and Marshawn Lycnh from NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah.

"Georgia lost the game but the Bulldogs did have the best player on the field," Jeremiah stated, referring to the mammoth running back. "He looked big when I studied him on tape but you have to stand next to him on the field to fully appreciate his size. He is a hulking runner and he played to his size, exploding through several tackles without breaking stride." Gurley showed impressive balance and long speed on a 75 yard touchdown run, and created yards with minimal blocking.

Sep 3 - 9:45 AM

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley is a man. Best RB in college football right now.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't never lied. Tell him Danny, they don't even know it:

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston completed 25 of 27 passes for 356 yards and four touchdowns against Pitt.

Pittsburgh doesn't deploy a potent defense, but Winston showed skills that will carry him to success against other opponents. The freshman displayed poise and an ability to win from the pocket to go along with stretching the defense laterally with his feet. Florida State faces Clemson, Miami, and Nevada this season, so those quarterback battles will be fun to watch. We get the feeling Nole fans are more comfortable with Winston running the show than they ever were with E.J. Manuel.

Sep 2 - 11:04 PM
:agree:

Freaking EJ and his lob passes. Oh a corner route lets lob it. A post a lob will work. Deep in/out hmmm lob it.
:gaah:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lamarcus Joyner - DB - Seminoles

Florida State senior Lamarcus Joyner tallied nine tackles, including two sacks, in his debut at CB.

Joyner was able to get to the quarterback on nickel packages, hiding his blitz intentions to open up free lanes. This is a good sign for his pro potential, since it is the package Joyner will have to thrive in. He's a smaller built safety/corner hybrid, but Joyner plays much bigger than his listed height.

Sep 3 - 3:05 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah writes USC junior WR Marqise Lee needs to improve his ball security issues.

In Jeremiah's words, Lee made three costly errors against Hawaii in the season opener. "He dropped an easy ball that would've converted a fourth down in the first quarter, lost a fumble on a punt return in the second quarter and later dropped a deep ball in the fourth quarter," the former NFL scout writes. Lee will be mentioned among the top draft-eligible receivers all season, and while we think he is very talented, we prefer Clemson junior Sammy Watkins.

Sep 4 - 9:44 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ronald Powell - DL - Gators

Scouts Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believe Florida junior pass rusher Ronald Powell could be a game changer.

Weidl adds the caveat of Powell needing to stay healthy, which has been an issue in the past. The pass rusher "lines up everywhere and (is) very twitched up," according to Weidl. Powell has some company up front, with Dominique Easley and Dante Fowler also poised for big seasons.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Sep 4 - 9:34 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris criticized senior QB Tajh Boyd's performance against Georgia.

"We can play faster. Tajh slowed us down a whole bunch. That was some of our biggest downfalls," Morris said. "He played well, he played like a veteran, like he's supposed to play. But as far as the tempo, especially in the third and fourth quarter, he was the one slowing us down because he wasn't getting his eyes to the sidelines quick enough." Boyd threw for 270 yards and three touchdowns against the Bulldogs and displayed nice pocket movement and an ability to adjust to pressure. It isn't common for criticism, albeit constructive, like this to be open to the public following a big win, but we think Boyd can handle the tough love.
Source: ESPN

Sep 4 - 9:04 AM

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys,

I am starting an NFL Draft podcast. Will be focused entirely on the NFL Draft. Haven't come up with a name yet, so if you guys have any suggestions

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Johnny Manziel - QB - Aggies

NFL insider Mike Freeman is certain Texas A&M redshirt sophomore QB Johnny Manziel won't be on every team's draft board.

We previously wrote that Freeman tweeted his interaction with one NFL scout who called Manziel a "spoiled b----." Another apparently called him the "Terrell Owens of College Football." This recent uproar was triggered by Manziel's celebratory style in the second half of last Saturday's game, but he had the same mentality last year while big time media outlets fawned over him. He's not for everyone, but we are getting to the point of frustration when television commentators breakdown the quarterback's body language on the sideline.
Source: Mike Freeman on Twitter

Sep 4 - 10:19 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bradley Roby - DB - Buckeyes

Ohio State redshirt junior CB Bradley Roby runs a 4.38 forty, according to assistant athletic director of football sports performance Mickey Marotti.

The corner also posts a 6.69 second three-cone drill, 3.69 pro shuttle, and a 10'8" broad jump. This forty time would have tied for third best at the 2013 NFL Combine, with the three-cone projecting as the second best. Roby is a very talented prospect and has a chance of being the top corner selected in May.
Source: CBS Sports

Sep 5 - 12:31 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
David Fales - QB - Spartans

Draft insider Tony Pauline believes San Jose State senior QB David Fales is being overrated right now.

Fales is a "nice college quarterback lacking size, arm strength for next level" Pauline writes, going on to call the senior a last day pick. The Spartan gained some momentum this offseason thanks to strong showings at passing academies, but we think he does his bets work on the field by working in tight situations and making multiple reads. Many will question his downfield velocity, so that is an area to watch.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Sep 5 - 12:57 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Lynch - DL - Bulls

South Florida redshirt sophomore DE Aaron Lynch admitted to having an ego at Notre Dame.

"I was a team player there [at Notre Dame], but at the same time, I was getting a lot of looks and that got to my head in a way," he said. "It was really just all about me." Lynch transferred to USF after one season with the Irish in order to play closer to home. That redshirt season makes him draft-eligible this year, and he has the talent level of a first-round selection.

Sep 5 - 11:18 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Florida State redshirt freshman QB Jameis Winston climbed to No. 8 in analyst Bucky Brooks' most recent college quarterback rankings.

Winston was unranked -- falling outside of the Top 16 gimmick of the column -- prior to last weekend. Of course, he proceeded to make fools of Pittsburgh defenders on national TV Monday, completing 25 of 27 passes for 356 yards and four touchdowns. "It typically takes a few games to recognize a young player's potential, but some guys display talents that are undeniable," Brooks wrote. "He courageously stood tall in the face of the blitz to routinely deliver dimes to receivers breaking open between the hashes. Most impressively, Winston played with a calm demeanor that suggests the game certainly isn't too big for him when playing on the biggest and brightest stage."

Sep 5 - 3:03 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Gamecocks

Georgia QB Aaron Murray responded that it's "not even close" when asked if he'd ever faced a defensive player like South Carolina junior DE Jadeveon Clowney.

"He's an extremely talented pass rusher, extremely talented against the run," Murray said. "Physically, there are not many guys like him walking the streets, that's for sure. A guy that just causes you to scheme for him, whether it's put multiple guys on him, have a tight end chip, a running back chip, slide a protection his way -- he causes a lot of focus. We've got to be ready to go, and I know our coaches will have a nice game plan that hopefully slows him down a little bit." Easier said than done, Mr. Murray, and remember to keep your head on a swivel. The Bulldogs and Gamecocks kick off between the hedges at 12:30 PM ET on Saturday.

Sep 5 - 2:57 PM