• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Clowney its a bad sign of self discipline that he was so obviously out of shape in that game... and while not every player gives 100% every play there were quite a few plays wherre Clowney gave less than 10%. Its early in the season and Ill cut him some slack but not a very auspicious start.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man I like drinking as much or more than most... but again have to know when to drink whiskey and when to drink coke... And I never waste good whiskey by ruining it with coke

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like Clowney its a bad sign of self discipline that he was so obviously out of shape in that game... and while not every player gives 100% every play there were quite a few plays wherre Clowney gave less than 10%. Its early in the season and Ill cut him some slack but not a very auspicious start.

Or hung over.

It must be difficult for number one prospects. They have to see who is picking number one and decide whether to bomb their character in hopes of dropping to a better team or to be on their best behavior. Assuming they trust they will make their money eventually. Just kidding. I would rather go with the 10 pick to a good team that just had bad luck with injuries than the first overall who sucked. But no one bombs on purpose as everyone wants the most money they can get now before they get injured.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys. So the Packers board doesn't have a draft talk. I just started scouting guys again, and remember you guys had a draft thread. Look forward to more great discussions

Not here to troll about GB-SF. Just talk draft, NFL.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hey Guys. So the Packers board doesn't have a draft talk. I just started scouting guys again, and remember you guys had a draft thread. Look forward to more great discussions

Not here to troll about GB-SF. Just talk draft, NFL.

Always happy to see people add to the draft discussion. Feel free to post any preliminary thoughts.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to address David Pollack's comments about it being "inexcusable" for Clowney to have taken some plays off.

The dude dominated the line of scrimmage. I don't care that he didn't get any sacks. No player goes 100% every play; nor should they. Not even Jerry Rice. If you go 100% every play your 100% gets lower really quickly.

Sure he's not in football shape yet. But we saw him in football shape last year. It's not like the guy's Bryant McKinnie.

That's what happens when you have an elite prospect with very little flaws to talk about. People will always criticize the motor or maybe even work ethic.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I love Teddy Bridgewater. Said months ago I think he is the second best quarterback in awhile. Right behind Luck and ahead of RGIII for me. I would take him No.1, just because the importance of a potential elite quarterback over a pass rusher.

I also love Marcus Mariota's physical tools and have him as my second quarterback in this class, behind him is Hundley from UCLA

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some of your favorite DL, CB, and Center prospects right now? I am going to assume that these are going to be areas of need for us next year along with WR and a back qb.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What are some of your favorite DL, CB, and Center prospects right now? I am going to assume that these are going to be areas of need for us next year along with WR and a back qb.

I'll take a shot at this...

As far as C goes, I've always been impressed with James Stone from Tennessee, and for some reason I've never heard anyone talk about him. Ever. It's like he's a figment of my imagination or something! However, I'm not sure he's a great fit for the Niners' OL. They seem like they do a lot more power blocking, and Stone seems more like a guy who would so better for a team like the Texans or something; but he could be successful as a 49er too IMO.

FSU's Garrett Scott has gotten some good reviews; I plan on keeping a close eye on him (and Cameron Erving on the OL).

I'm not sure I like any of the college prospects more than I like Kilgore though. Unless Jonathan Goodwin signs for another season (which I doubt), that's who I see taking over at C. I'm not thrilled about it though.

CB? There are a few good ones IMO. Roby from OSU seems like a future star with his combination of quickness & ability to hit & be physical. There are a few others. Jason Varrett from TCU played great yesterday. The Gators have a couple of good prospects too. I'm not sure what I think about the guy from Oklahoma state (name escapes me) whom I watched yesterday.

On the DL, Louis Nix is the guy I think could help the Niners the most. Maybe Anthony Johnson too. I actually think Tank Carradine will be a huge contributor, but the Niners could use another DL in the rotation if Justin Smith retires or starts to slow down (let's hope he doesn't).

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Verett for now but since we don't seem to have the officials in our hip pocket like the Seahawks and Ravens. Varett is a very physical corner who if he has to give that up might not be that great in the NFL. Anthony Johnson IMO had a better opening game than did Clowney high motor, got some pressure, collapsed the pocket real well. His flaw was he bit on almost every read option play and hesitated.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll take a shot at this...

As far as C goes, I've always been impressed with James Stone from Tennessee, and for some reason I've never heard anyone talk about him. Ever. It's like he's a figment of my imagination or something! However, I'm not sure he's a great fit for the Niners' OL. They seem like they do a lot more power blocking, and Stone seems more like a guy who would so better for a team like the Texans or something; but he could be successful as a 49er too IMO.

FSU's Garrett Scott has gotten some good reviews; I plan on keeping a close eye on him (and Cameron Erving on the OL).

I'm not sure I like any of the college prospects more than I like Kilgore though. Unless Jonathan Goodwin signs for another season (which I doubt), that's who I see taking over at C. I'm not thrilled about it though.

CB? There are a few good ones IMO. Roby from OSU seems like a future star with his combination of quickness & ability to hit & be physical. There are a few others. Jason Varrett from TCU played great yesterday. The Gators have a couple of good prospects too. I'm not sure what I think about the guy from Oklahoma state (name escapes me) whom I watched yesterday.

On the DL, Louis Nix is the guy I think could help the Niners the most. Maybe Anthony Johnson too. I actually think Tank Carradine will be a huge contributor, but the Niners could use another DL in the rotation if Justin Smith retires or starts to slow down (let's hope he doesn't).

Roby is hardly in position to make a play, relies his elite physical abilities to cover, doubt that formula works in the NFL. Plus he looks like he's going to be a pass interference machine.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby is hardly in position to make a play, relies his elite physical abilities to cover, doubt that formula works in the NFL. Plus he looks like he's going to be a pass interference machine.

Positioning can be coaches, elite physical talent can't. Dude's a stud.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top-7 prospects at this very early stage:

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Cyrus Kouandjio
3. Anthony Barr
4. Bradley Roby
5. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
6. Sammy Watkins
7. Taylor Lewan

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Positioning can be coaches, elite physical talent can't. Dude's a stud.

I think the learning curb is a bit too steep to hope for that at CB. Too much could go wrong, every step has a purpose, you can't think since from the snap you're going purely off instincts, and the receiver has a great advantage from the get-go over a CB.

Jalil Brown got cut from the Chiefs. He's a guy we both regarded as a potential premiere player. The guy could cover, no doubt about it, but IMO when the ball was in the air he could never seem to track it. I thought he was a worthwhile project, but obviously his time has run out in KC.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top-7 prospects at this very early stage:

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Cyrus Kouandjio
3. Anthony Barr
4. Bradley Roby
5. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
6. Sammy Watkins
7. Taylor Lewan

Can I ask where Bridgewater is, also not asking to poke fun but serious question. Did you watch Cyrus this past week?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Timmy Jernigan hasn't done anything to remove my "overrated" tag tonight IMO. He made a few god plays, but overall I wasn't all that impressed.

Lamarcus Joyner was impressive.

Garrett Scott? Meh.

Cameron Erving? ...actually, I was watching Scott more & didn't see him enough.