• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cooks is there at 30, I'd be very hard-pressed not to take him. But I think he goes well before that. I'm not as sold on Beckham, but I'd still strongly consider him at 30. Assuming Cooks is gone, I'd lean CB over WR. And I'm somewhat terrified we're going to draft Benjamin. I just don't have a good feeling about him at all.

I also have a feeling Cooks will be gone by the 20th pick, but I'm hoping he falls. If the Niners do not trade up, I hope Verrett drops down to the 30th pick. Niners must then have to trade up early in the 2nd round to get Matthews or Beckham or hope Moncrief lasts until the 56th or the 61st pick. I really hope they draft two receivers because I don't envision Baldwin making the team.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Bortles not wowing anyone at his proday. No link its live on NFL network.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mayock, who I respect quite a bit in terms of draft stuff, doesn't have Matthews within his top-7 at WR, for instance.

Mayock is asleep at the wheel on this draft. I haven't paid much attention to him over the years (not to say he's been bad or good; I just haven't taken notice), but he's atrocious this year.

I started paying more attention to areas where Kiper & McShay disagree last season, and I have to say I'm definitely more of a McShay guy.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayock is asleep at the wheel on this draft. I haven't paid much attention to him over the years (not to say he's been bad or good; I just haven't taken notice), but he's atrocious this year.

I started paying more attention to areas where Kiper & McShay disagree last season, and I have to say I'm definitely more of a McShay guy.

McShay loved our draft last year. He was a big fan of Lemonier. Kiper is usually in with his QB's. He called Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben all being successful franchise QB's and he was right. Thenhe stuck up for Jimmy Clausen when McShay said to stay away from him. Neither Oneida them have been conplerely consistent. Then again, how many GM'a have?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
McShay's the real deal. He knows his stuff.

He's the Conan to Kiper's Jay Leno. Less successful / well known but WAY more talented.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So here are the reasons the Niners NEED to draft Tuitt if he's available and Easley later in the draft:

JSmith: Signed through 2015 (if he even plays that long).
RayMac: Signed through 2015
Dorsey: FA after this year

Without a strong D-line the 49ers are nothing. .500 team.

The draft is abuot 2015 & beyond for the most part. CB is a bigger need, but that position ha a ton of depth.

Stay strong in the trenches!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So here are the reasons the Niners NEED to draft Tuitt if he's available and Easley later in the draft:

JSmith: Signed through 2015 (if he even plays that long).
RayMac: Signed through 2015
Dorsey: FA after this year

Without a strong D-line the 49ers are nothing. .500 team.

The draft is abuot 2015 & beyond for the most part. CB is a bigger need, but that position ha a ton of depth.

Stay strong in the trenches!

no questioning strength in the trenches, but can we carry this many D-linemen thru 2015? we use a 3-4, not 4-3 alignment.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
no questioning strength in the trenches, but can we carry this many D-linemen thru 2015? we use a 3-4, not 4-3 alignment.

2 more DL? Absolutely. Dobbs & Tony Jerod Eddie aren't even locks to make the team IMO. Neither is Dial.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They scored in the RGIII trade looks like they are going to continue to cash in on it..

I don't see a clear #2 pick this year. I'd be surprised if they got a huge bounty for it, but I guess we'll see.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
2 more DL? Absolutely. Dobbs & Tony Jerod Eddie aren't even locks to make the team IMO. Neither is Dial.

At present, we have Carradine, Williams, TJE, Dial, and Dobbs in addition to the three starters. I can see us adding a guy. Two in the first three or four rounds would be a lot. We won't carry more than seven guys, and there's a good chance we only carry six.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Derek Carr? I like this guy going to a team like the Browns. I know they've shown interest in him. It's inevitable that he will always be compared to his brother, but I think he's got a shot at being a damn fine QB in the NFL. I'm a Fresno State fan, so I may be a little biased. I still think he's going to be much better than his brother (even though that's not saying much).

Last edited by a moderator:

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Derek Carr? I like this guy going to a team like the Browns. I know they've shown interest in him. It's inevitable that he will always be compared to his brother, but I think he's got a shot at being a damn fine QB in the NFL. I'm a Fresno State fan, so I may be a little biased. I still think he's going to be much better than his brother (even though that's not saying much).

:agree: He is a very good QB, better than some of the clowns that are ranked ahead of him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Houston should draft him just for a few minutes of humor/ironic coincidence and trade his rights for who they actually wasn't and some draft picks. I'm not being serious there, but I read a suggestion from someone last year that Kansas City should have picked Geno Smith for a random. That would have been awful, the Jets would have given a second and a seventh. ;)

I have also heard joke variations of KC picking him or trading Smith to Houston and drafting Carr so as to redo the We Want Carr chants. It might just be me, but if find it more ironic if that happened here to Kaepernick (won't and wouldn't ever happen). We should do it if the team who picks him comes to play SF and their QB struggles.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Houston should draft him just for a few minutes of humor/ironic coincidence and trade his rights for who they actually wasn't and some draft picks. I'm not being serious there, but I read a suggestion from someone last year that Kansas City should have picked Geno Smith for a random. That would have been awful, the Jets would have given a second and a seventh. ;)

I have also heard joke variations of KC picking him or trading Smith to Houston and drafting Carr so as to redo the We Want Carr chants. It might just be me, but if find it more ironic if that happened here to Kaepernick (won't and wouldn't ever happen). We should do it if the team who picks him comes to play SF and their QB struggles.

I like him. So does Clyde.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marqise Lee - WR - Trojans

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks thinks USC WR Marqise Lee "will be a big-time playmaker at the next level" and could be the top WR prospect in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Give Brooks credit: He has conviction, as he's expressed this opinion for some time. Lee was the talk of college football when he collected 118 receptions for 1,721 yards with 14 touchdowns in 2012, but he struggled a bit during an injury-plagued 2013 campaign. Brooks believes that Clemson WR Sammy Watkins and Lee "have nearly identical playing styles" and "are nearly equals as pure athletes." That said, they aren't equally-valued prospects. "Although I believe Lee's flaws as a pass catcher are correctable, the inconsistencies would give Watkins the nod in an evaluation that is much closer than some would suggest based on the water-cooler conversations that are taking place around the league," Brooks wrote.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 20 - 3:43 PM