• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'know I forgot about Fuller. Fuller's ceiling is higher than Verrett's IMO, but I think Verrett has an edge on him in coverage at this point. Both are great prospects, and I'd take either one over Desmond Trufant & probably Xavier Rhodes (although I didn't watch Rhodes much as a rook).

I'd agree that Verrett is slightly better in coverage. I just think Fuller has more potential.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree that Verrett is slightly better in coverage. I just think Fuller has more potential.

Fuller's length shows up to me, some CB's just look long out there and he's one of them. I however think we are looking at 2nd round CB's this year though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fuller's length shows up to me, some CB's just look long out there and he's one of them. I however think we are looking at 2nd round CB's this year though.

It's his height & the fact that he almost has 33 inch arms (which is really good for being 6'0).

I'm actually hoping for 3rd, 4th or even 5th round CB prospects as long as one of their names is EJ Gaines. The other Gaines (Phillip) is very intriguing too.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his height & the fact that he almost has 33 inch arms (which is really good for being 6'0).

I'm actually hoping for 3rd, 4th or even 5th round CB prospects as long as one of their names is EJ Gaines. The other Gaines (Phillip) is very intriguing too.

I really like Fuller. Definitely one of my favorite prospects. He has a huge upside. I like EJ Gaines as well, but i doubt he falls past the 3rd round. He's probably a 2nd/3rd rounder, right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like EJ Gaines as well, but i doubt he falls past the 3rd round. He's probably a 2nd/3rd rounder, right?

:noidea:

He's worth a 2nd / 3rd rounder IMO though. Dude's being seriously overlooked. He's a better prospect than SJB, Keith McGill & maybe even Darqueze Dennard IMO.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

He's worth a 2nd / 3rd rounder IMO though. Dude's being seriously overlooked. He's a better prospect than SJB, Keith McGill & maybe even Darqueze Dennard IMO.

All it takes is one team to see that. I won't be surprised to see him go in the 2nd or 3rd. I like him as much as I liked Parish Cox a few years ago. That one didn't work out so well, thogh. :lame:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
numone9er;4669961I said:
like him as much as I liked Parish Cox a few years ago. That one didn't work out so well, thogh. :lame:

I liked Perrish back then too (see what I didn't do there -wink-). Thought he was a great 5th-round pick. That was a miss (even though he had a pretty good rookie year).

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, why can't this guy be the 'deep threat' in 2014, while being prepared to start in 2015?

btw - isn't Jon Baldwin a deep threat too?

Pretty sure you're the first person to put "Jon Baldwin" and "threat" in the same sentence.

;)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of leaning toward sitting tight in the first and grabbing either Verrett or Fuller (I probably have a slight preference for Fuller right now), then trading up in the second for a guy like Moncrief or Matthews.

I would really like for the Niners to grab a couple of receivers in the first three rounds. Have to look at the future with Crabtree possibly leaving after this year and Boldin after the 2015 season. Would love to have Cooks or Beckham. Niners definitely need to address the secondary, maybe trading up in the 2nd round and grab Roby.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm kind of leaning toward sitting tight in the first and grabbing either Verrett or Fuller (I probably have a slight preference for Fuller right now), then trading up in the second for a guy like Moncrief or Matthews.

Fuller and Matthews would be stealing. I think they both go before our 1st round pick.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would really like for the Niners to grab a couple of receivers in the first three rounds. Have to look at the future with Crabtree possibly leaving after this year and Boldin after the 2015 season. Would love to have Cooks or Beckham. Niners definitely need to address the secondary, maybe trading up in the 2nd round and grab Roby.

If Cooks is there at 30, I'd be very hard-pressed not to take him. But I think he goes well before that. I'm not as sold on Beckham, but I'd still strongly consider him at 30. Assuming Cooks is gone, I'd lean CB over WR. And I'm somewhat terrified we're going to draft Benjamin. I just don't have a good feeling about him at all.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fuller and Matthews would be stealing. I think they both go before our 1st round pick.

It's certainly possible, but Matthews doesn't seem to be getting much chatter lately, and I can't recall seeing a mock with him in the first round. I would imagine we'd have to trade up higher to get him than to get Moncrief if he's still there in the second, certainly.

Tough to predict where the WRs are going to go. After Evans, I couldn't chart an order. I think a lot will depend on the eye of the beholder, and there's a pretty good chance that one of Beckham, Benjamin, or Matthews falls a decent ways into the second round. Not to mention Adams, Robinson, or Richardson getting into the mix among those other guys.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's certainly possible, but Matthews doesn't seem to be getting much chatter lately, and I can't recall seeing a mock with him in the first round. I would imagine we'd have to trade up higher to get him than to get Moncrief if he's still there in the second, certainly.

Tough to predict where the WRs are going to go. After Evans, I couldn't chart an order. I think a lot will depend on the eye of the beholder, and there's a pretty good chance that one of Beckham, Benjamin, or Matthews falls a decent ways into the second round. Not to mention Adams, Robinson, or Richardson getting into the mix among those other guys.

The mock draft community is a bit sheepish. Vandy has their pro-day this upcoming Friday, regardless of whether he stands on his combine numbers and just does position drills, people are going to rise him into their top 5s for WR. As of now the community just wants to talk about Brandin Cooks as if he's stuff of legend, next it will be Jordan, who IMO is much more deserving than Cooks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The mock draft community is a bit sheepish. Vandy has their pro-day this upcoming Friday, regardless of whether he stands on his combine numbers and just does position drills, people are going to rise him into their top 5s for WR. As of now the community just wants to talk about Brandin Cooks as if he's stuff of legend, next it will be Jordan, who IMO is much more deserving than Cooks.

Yeah, that certainly could be. Lord knows the mocks aren't always right, particularly with almost two months to go, but Matthews seems to be the forgotten man lately. I doubt he does anything other than position drills given his strong combine numbers. I'll be very interested to see how this receiver class shakes out. Hell, I'll be interested to see how every position shakes out.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mayock, who I respect quite a bit in terms of draft stuff, doesn't have Matthews within his top-7 at WR, for instance.