• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone else think that statement has any truth to it? I don't even think Vaccaro was very good at all. He seemed downright bad in coverage to me. I wouldn't expect anyone to dispute Reid being the best safety in the draft. That statement just seems weird to me.

It depends on what you mean by "legit." I think he's about the 9th-best WR in the draft. I think he's a good prospect. He's not really a rare prospect IMO. I think he's a hair lower than Davante Adams in terms of talent.

I put your post from the Nicks' thread in here.

The Saint's defense was god awful in 2012, Vaccaro came in and made it respectable(Cam Jordan's emergence had a lot to do with it too obviously). Their defense is looking pretty stout right now with the addition of Jarius Byrd, because now they have Byrd, Vaccaro, and Lewis commanding that secondary. This upcoming year we'll see Vaccaro not having to compensate for Roman Harper and Rafael Bush, so I still think Reid is going to show he was #2 to Vaccaro.

I never said A-Rob is going to be a rare talent. Our roster holds players two players that are similar to Robinson in Crabs and Boldin; Boldin to a lesser extent. As I explained before he has deceiving athleticism and attacks the ball at the highest point really well. He's my 3rd favorite WR in this draft behind Evans and Watkins.

I see you moved Cooks up to your favorite WR and it really comes at no surprise.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I put your post from the Nicks' thread in here.

The Saint's defense was god awful in 2012, Vaccaro came in and made it respectable(Cam Jordan's emergence had a lot to do with it too obviously). Their defense is looking pretty stout right now with the addition of Jarius Byrd, because now they have Byrd, Vaccaro, and Lewis commanding that secondary. This upcoming year we'll see Vaccaro not having to compete for Roman Harper and Rafael Bush, so I still think Reid is going to show he was #2 to Vaccaro.

So a safety who's bad in coverage is going to out-play a guy who was one of the 5 best safeties in the NFL last year as a rookie. Got it.

I never said A-Rob is going to be a rare talent. Our roster holds players two players that are similar to Robinson in Crabs and Boldin; Boldin to a lesser extent. As I explained before he has deceiving athleticism and attacks the ball at the highest point really well. He's my 3rd favorite WR in this draft behind Evans and Watkins.

I see you moved Cooks up to your favorite WR and it really comes at no surprise.

This post will be proof for years to come that you don't know how to evaluate college players. Allen Robinson better than Cooks? That's laughable. Cooks is a rich man's Tavon Austin, and Robinson is a poor man's Jerry Porter.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pro' day speed times are utter BS is the deal.

Mostly has to do with the fact that they're not electronically timed, so the time it takes for a human being to react to the start gets subtracted from what would have been the electronic time of the run. There are other factors as well like being outside VS inside, etc.

There are a lot more factors then that to consider as hand times are not always faster than electronic times. When you are a top level sprinter a lot of things come down to comfort and how you are feeling, if you are feeling nervous and stiff in a stressful setting such as the combine then you are likely to run slower than if you are cool and relaxed in a familiar and comfortable setting such as a pro day. I'm not saying that hand vs. electric timing isn't the reason that he ran faster, I'm just saying that there are more variables to look at.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So a safety who's bad in coverage is going to out-play a guy who was one of the 5 best safeties in the NFL last year as a rookie. Got it.

This post will be proof for years to come that you don't know how to evaluate college players. Allen Robinson better than Cooks? That's laughable. Cooks is a rich man's Tavon Austin, and Robinson is a poor man's Jerry Porter.

Reid had far more help if you ask me, this year the playing field will be a bit more even. The schedule was also in Reid's favor, context matters. Saints | 49ers

Coming from the guy who's still high on DHB. Ask Ram fans if they're glad they picked Tavon Austin, the pick was an obvious reach when it happened. You're not getting a guy that has a chance at being a #1 WR, you're getting a slot/return man. Brandin Cooks plays nothing like Tavon Austin anyway, they're fast and undersized but that's as close as the comparison gets. We'll see come September, I really hope the Rams select Cooks just so they're not a threat within the division like they would be if they went with A-Rob.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Reid had far more help if you ask me, this year the playing field will be a bit more even. The schedule was also in Reid's favor, context matters. Saints | 49ers

Coming from the guy who's still high on DHB. Ask Ram fans if they're glad they picked Tavon Austin, the pick was an obvious reach when it happened. You're not getting a guy that has a chance at being a #1 WR, you're getting a slot/return man. Brandin Cooks plays nothing like Tavon Austin anyway, they're fast and undersized but that's as close as the comparison gets. We'll see come September, I really hope the Rams select Cooks just so they're not a threat within the division like they would be if they went with A-Rob.

I was one of the people who said Austin was a reach. Cooks is superior to him in every way. And I'm not comparing the way they play; I'm talking about their abilities. And Cooks not playing like Austin is a good thing for Cooks.

I'm going to love going back to this comparison by this time next year (Cooks VS Allen Robinson). It's going to be hilarious.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was one of the people who said Austin was a reach. Cooks is superior to him in every way. And I'm not comparing the way they play; I'm talking about their abilities. And Cooks not playing like Austin is a good thing for Cooks.

I'm going to love going back to this comparison by this time next year (Cooks VS Allen Robinson). It's going to be hilarious.

:noidea: No idea why you're going so overboard, but I look forward to seeing how the rooks fair in the NFL too.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bridgewater's throwing session today was one of the more "blah" sessions I've seen from a upper tier ranked QB in a very long time, if ever.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater's throwing session today was one of the more "blah" sessions I've seen from a upper tier ranked QB in a very long time, if ever.

Pozz, the few games I watched him, he reminded me of Chad Pennington, both in arm strength (or lack thereof) but also in quick decision making. What is your overall take on Teddy?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Calling you out is not stalking. But feel free to flatter yourself if it makes you feel better.

Well you "call me out" with the same kind of comments with stalker-like consistency. Regardless of the topic. I think you've made your point clear by now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short-term, I completely agree with this. He had the highest floor of anyone in the draft except maybe Justin Gilbert IMO. I think he's better in coverage than Dennard & Roby right now (although he's nowhere near as violent as Roby).

I like Fuller slightly more than Verett, but I'd be happy with either of them. I don't know about either of them having the "highest floor", though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like Fuller slightly more than Verett, but I'd be happy with either of them. I don't know about either of them having the "highest floor", though.

Y'know I forgot about Fuller. Fuller's ceiling is higher than Verrett's IMO, but I think Verrett has an edge on him in coverage at this point. Both are great prospects, and I'd take either one over Desmond Trufant & probably Xavier Rhodes (although I didn't watch Rhodes much as a rook).