• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta put my mock up against yours Sick.. This was for trading up to get Watkins...

So say it takes #30, #56, #94 and a first and fourth next year to get to the top 7 and get Watkins.. Say we get a 3rd round comp for Goldson.. So bear with me while I run through this quick mock and let me know what you think

1: Sammy Watkins, Wr
2: Louchiez Purifoy, CB
3: Dominique Easley, DE
3: Marcus Martin, C
4: Antone Exum, S
5: Aaron Colvin, CB
6: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
7: Cody Hoffman, WR
7: Caleb Lavey, ILB
7: Zach Fulton, G Tenn

I am sure they are rose colored glasses, but I believe mine would be better for the team long haul..
you think Jenkins will last until the 6th? he'll go in the second round at the latest :laugh3:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you think Jenkins will last until the 6th? he'll go in the second round at the latest :laugh3:

He may not be able to run due to injury, so I think there's a chance he falls to the third or fourth (and if he does, I think we should take a look). The sixth is unrealistic, though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paul Richardson - WR - Buffaloes

NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah compared Colorado WR Paul Richardson's play speed to Ted Ginn's.

"Richardson destroys pursuit angles when he gets in the open field. He has an extra gear." Jeremiah tweeted. The Colorado product can certainly get vertical downfield, which could earn him some Desean Jackson comparisons. We don't expect Richardson to be drafted in the top 50.
Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter

Mar 10 - 5:02 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Colvin - DB - Sooners

With or without injury, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler does not view Oklahoma CB Aaron Colvin as a top 100 selection.

"Someone is going to have to sell me on" Colvin, Brugler tweeted. "Injury or not, I see a day 3 prospect." Many mentioned Colvin as a top-40 possibility prior and during the Senior Bowl, but a torn ACL at the event slowed his momentum. Oklahoma corners do not have a strong history in the NFL.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Mar 10 - 1:19 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks is a "special athlete" and should be the third wide receiver drafted off the board.

"I know Beckham seems to be the trendy pick to be the 3rd WR drafted, but Brandin Cooks is still my guy after Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. Special athlete," Brugler tweeted. Cooks' stock has continued to rise over the last couple of weeks after a strong outing at the Senior Bowl and Combine. Analysts have been super high on Cooks abilities, and he's drawn comparisons to Steve Smith and a "more physical" Tavon Austin as of late. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has him among the top 30 prospects in the draft.

Mar 10 - 12:54 PM

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brandin Cooks - WR - Beavers

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks is a "special athlete" and should be the third wide receiver drafted off the board.

"I know Beckham seems to be the trendy pick to be the 3rd WR drafted, but Brandin Cooks is still my guy after Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans. Special athlete," Brugler tweeted. Cooks' stock has continued to rise over the last couple of weeks after a strong outing at the Senior Bowl and Combine. Analysts have been super high on Cooks abilities, and he's drawn comparisons to Steve Smith and a "more physical" Tavon Austin as of late. Rotoworld's Josh Norris has him among the top 30 prospects in the draft.

Mar 10 - 12:54 PM

The guy plays nothing like Tavon Austin or Steve Smith, people just want to match up times and measurements but Cook doesn't play anything like either of them.

IMO, he's a bust if drafted in the 1st round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The guy plays nothing like Tavon Austin or Steve Smith, people just want to match up times and measurements but Cook doesn't play anything like either of them.

IMO, he's a bust if drafted in the 1st round.

Not playing like Tavon Austin is a good thing so far. Cooks is a better prospect than Austin in every way except the tiniest edge Austin has with his first step.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not playing like Tavon Austin is a good thing so far. Cooks is a better prospect than Austin in every way except the tiniest edge Austin has with his first step.

I think that step is a bit larger than you're making it, but I'm not a Tavon Austin fan either. Both of them aren't going to be #1's ever, we're talking about slot receivers going in the first round!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that step is a bit larger than you're making it, but I'm not a Tavon Austin fan either. Both of them aren't going to be #1's ever, we're talking about slot receivers going in the first round!

It's the new nfl flavor, when in doubt draft a slot/returner

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be able to run due to injury, so I think there's a chance he falls to the third or fourth (and if he does, I think we should take a look). The sixth is unrealistic, though.

Crabtree didn't run for the same reason and went top 10. Jenkins will not drop past the 2nd irregardless if he runs or not. If he runs he could go in the 1st.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabtree didn't run for the same reason and went top 10. Jenkins will not drop past the 2nd irregardless if he runs or not. If he runs he could go in the 1st.

Crabtree was supposed to be a top-5 pick and went 10th. Seferian-Jenkins was supposed to be a second-round pick, so going in the third wouldn't be an incredible drop in a deep draft. And S-J has questions outside of his speed.

I can't see him going in the first unless he runs and runs well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Cooks will be a 1000-yard receiver.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man if we could get this kid, I'd be sooooo happy:

Isaiah Crowell - RB - Hornets

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes Alabama State RB Isaiah Crowell would be mocked int he first-round if he was clean off the field.

"I hope he doesn't waste his talent in the NFL," Brugler writes. We share that sentiment. Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Crowell as his No. 3 running back in the class and notes he could be this year's Christine Michael. Crowell is very decisive and displays a physical style to break contact. He was dismissed from Georgia following two felony weapons charges.

Mar 11 - 11:21 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deone Bucannon - DB - Cougars

Washington State S Deone Bucannon has a "similar height-weight-speed ratio to the 49ers' 2013 first-round pick and No. 18 overall, safety Eric Reid out of LSU, but Bucannon's not as fluid," writes Scout Inc.'s Steve Muench.

Bucannon "excels at defending the run" and possesses "the upper body strength and arm length to play in the box in addition to the closing burst to get downhill when he lines up deep," writes Muench. That said, the analyst did see the "occasional missed tackle in space" and "bad angle" taken during a film session, but stresses that "they aren't repetitively glaring issues." Muench sees in Bucannon a "turnover machine" and "heavy hitter" with a good "closing burst." He identifies a fit with the Bengals as an upgrade over 2012 fifth-rounder George Iloka.
Source: ESPN Insider

Mar 11 - 5:45 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - Panthers

Matt Waldman of the Rookie Scouting Portfolio believes Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo has "dramatic" pocket presence problems and would leave him off his draft board entirely if he were a decision-maker.

"Is it impossible for Garappolo to address his pocket presence? Of course not," Waldman wrote. "Have I ever seen it when the issues are this dramatic? Not in recent memory." Waldman believes Garoppolo "sees phantom pressure" and consistently lacks "a clear plan on the field when the initial play doesn't work." The link below provides plenty of damning evidence via film available on YouTube to support Waldman's assessments. Garoppolo has the tools to succeed at the next level, but he needs plenty of work.
Source: Rookie Scouting Portfolio

Mar 11 - 6:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Smh. Never mind in drafting him in the mid rounds:

Demarcus Lawrence - DL - Broncos

After watching coaches tape of Boise State edge rusher Demarcus Lawrence, CBS Sports' Dane Brugler believes the prospect is a first-rounder.

"Lawrence had somewhat disappointing Combine numbers (7.46 3C) compared to the tape. Hopefully he re-tests at BSU Pro Day on Monday," Brugler added. Lawrence missed some time at Boise State but he has plenty of talent thanks to the combination of movement skills and length.

Mar 12 - 10:13 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - DB - Crimson Tide

Scout Inc.'s Kevin Weidl believes Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is "an eraser in the backend."

"Clinton-Dix is an eraser in the backend. Clean mover with plus range. Exceptional eyes, awareness and receiving skills. Constantly maintains leverage," Weidl wrote. Clinton-Dix is an instinctive athlete with the prototypical build for a safety. With the ability to help with run support and in coverage he brings a ton of versatility to the table. Our own Josh Norris has Clinton-Dix as his top ranked safety.
Source: Kevin Weidl on Twitter

Mar 12 - 5:09 PM