• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 NCAA FB Season / 2014 NFL draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tajh Boyd - QB - Tigers

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Clemson QB Tajh Boyd has a chance to be a second day pick, after a "very strong pro day."

"He’s fallen off a little bit in the last few months, but he had a very strong pro day, looking good moving around and completing the ball. I think he improved his draft position and has a good chance to be a second-day pick," Brandt wrote. Boyd has been working with quarterback coach Ken Mastrole and NFL great Dan Marino. With the help of the Mastrole Passing Academy, Boyd has recently adopted more of a pro-style passing motion. Some evaluators believe Boyd is a third day selection, so it's quite interesting to see Brandt thinks differently.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 8 - 9:56 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg Robinson - T - Tigers

Joe Thomas "is the ideal comparison" for Auburn T Greg Robinson, believes NFL.com's Bucky Brooks.

"The seven-time Pro Bowler has become the gold standard at the position, exhibiting exceptional technical skills and athleticism while dominating defenders on the edge," Brooks wrote. "Robinson must perform well from Day 1 to merit this comparison to Thomas, who has set the pace at the position." Brooks' computer used in his "Man vs. Machine" scouting series listed Thomas as a comparable for Robinson based on measurements and test scores, though Robinson actually graded out a bit better in every category except for height. "Although Robinson's rare athleticism stood out on tape, it was his spectacular performance at the Combine that convinced most evaluators in the football community that he has the talent to develop into one of the top players at the position as a pro," Brooks wrote.

Mar 8 - 9:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd love to get him in the 6th. That would make Dixon expandable. In 2015 I'd allow him to battle it out with Lattimore for the feature back role.

Isaiah Crowell - RB - Player

NFL.com's Gil Brandt projects Alabama State RB Isaiah Crowell as a sixth- or seventh-round draft pick.

We're keeping close tabs on Crowell because the former five-star Georgia recruit is incredibly talented and would offer huge upside if he ever got a chance at an NFL feature back role. Unfortunately, major off-field baggage will probably turn a first- or second-round prospect into a late-round flier. Crowell stands 5-foot-11, 224. He ran a forty time of 4.57 at the Scouting Combine.

Mar 9 - 5:24 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ken Guiton - QB - Buckeyes

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Ohio State QB Kenny Guiton will "probably be a free agent and enter camp as someone's fourth quarterback."

Braxton Miller's former caddy has been getting more attention from the NFL than he got in Columbus, with the Patriots already locking in a March 26 workout. Guiton ran 4.78 and 4.76 second forties at Ohio State's Pro Day, and added a short shuttle of 4.31, a 31-inch vertical and a 9-foot, 9-inch broad jump. "He looked good and had a lot of poise throwing the ball," wrote Brandt.

Mar 9 - 7:29 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Ohio State QB Kenny Guiton will "probably be a free agent and enter camp as someone's fourth quarterback."

Braxton Miller's former caddy has been getting more attention from the NFL than he got in Columbus, with the Patriots already locking in a March 26 workout. Guiton ran 4.78 and 4.76 second forties at Ohio State's Pro Day, and added a short shuttle of 4.31, a 31-inch vertical and a 9-foot, 9-inch broad jump. "He looked good and had a lot of poise throwing the ball," wrote Brandt.

Would be very surprised if neither Bradley Roby or Kenny Guiton aren't 49ers

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

One of the things I love about him is his leadership. He was voted a team captain as a back up QB, and Urban calls him coach. Big fan of this kid.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

The New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers both met with Texas A&M WR Mike Evans on Tuesday.

These are smart clubs performing due diligence that have absolutely no chance of grabbing Evans unless they go out of character and package a bundle of picks to move into the top-10. Evans (6-foot-5 and 225 pounds), who caught 69 passes for 1,394 yards and 12 touchdowns last season for the Texas A&M, probably won't fall past the Giants at No. 12 if he gets out of the top-10.

Mar 9 - 8:14 PM

Mike Evans - WR - Aggies

Scout.Inc's Todd McShay stopped the hearts of NFC North defensive coordinators by picking Texas A&M WR Mike Evans for the Lions at No. 10 in a mock draft.

The Lions, who have also been connected to Clemson's Sammy Watkins, appear to be serious about finding Calvin Johnson a legitimate complement. "[Evans] is one of the best receivers at coming down with 50-50 balls that I've ever evaluated, and he's the most accomplished downfield receiving threat in this class," wrote McShay. At 6-foot-5 and 225 pounds, Evans ran a 4.53 forty at the combine. Teams serious about trading up for Evans will likely have to leapfrog Detroit to do so.
Source: ESPN Insider

Mar 9 - 8:59 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think I've narrowed down the 2 best options the Niners have at safety this offseason: Terrence Brooks & Jaylen Watkins. Neither one is looked at as an extremely high pick, but they're both really solid in both aspects of the game.

I have a feeling Brooks will be taken first, but I think Watkins might be the better defender. Brooks had better talent on his defense IMO, and Watkins has been really impressive guarding some really good receivers like Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Jordan Matthews, the WRs at LSU, etc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well here's my pre-free-agency mock draft 2.0

*Trade 30 for late 2nd & 1st in 2015
*Trade 56, 5th rounder & 2 7th rounders for pick around 40
*Trade late 2nd & Titans' 3rd for pick in high 50's & 5th rounder
*Trade original 2nd for mid 3rd & 3rd in 2015
*Trade 5th, 6th & 2 7th's for mid 4th

40) Tuitt
50's) Moncrief
3a) Dri Archer
3b) Dominique Easley
3-comp) Phillip Gaines
4a) Jaylen Watkins
4b) EJ Gaines
7) Connor Shaw

...Sign Antonio Cromartie to a 1 or 2 year deal. Sign 1 more lesser CB to fill the roster. Have an extra 1st & 3rd in 2015. Boom.

Some players I'd want if they fell far enough & someof those guys were gone:

Marqise Lee
Cyrus Kouandjio
Marcus Martin
Brandon Thomas
Lamarcus Joyner

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I gotta put my mock up against yours Sick.. This was for trading up to get Watkins...

So say it takes #30, #56, #94 and a first and fourth next year to get to the top 7 and get Watkins.. Say we get a 3rd round comp for Goldson.. So bear with me while I run through this quick mock and let me know what you think

1: Sammy Watkins, Wr
2: Louchiez Purifoy, CB
3: Dominique Easley, DE
3: Marcus Martin, C
4: Antone Exum, S
5: Aaron Colvin, CB
6: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE
7: Cody Hoffman, WR
7: Caleb Lavey, ILB
7: Zach Fulton, G Tenn

I am sure they are rose colored glasses, but I believe mine would be better for the team long haul..

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

40) Tuitt
50's) Moncrief
3a) Dri Archer
3b) Dominique Easley
3-comp) Phillip Gaines
4a) Jaylen Watkins
4b) EJ Gaines
7) Connor Shaw

...Sign Antonio Cromartie to a 1 or 2 year deal. Sign 1 more lesser CB to fill the roster. Have an extra 1st & 3rd in 2015. Boom.

Marqise Lee
Cyrus Kouandjio
Marcus Martin
Brandon Thomas
Lamarcus Joyner

Also, it seems you are trading picks and then trying to trade back to their almost identical location.. seems a bit counter productive..

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

40) Tuitt
50's) Moncrief
3a) Dri Archer
3b) Dominique Easley
3-comp) Phillip Gaines
4a) Jaylen Watkins
4b) EJ Gaines
7) Connor Shaw

Marqise Lee
Cyrus Kouandjio
Marcus Martin
Brandon Thomas
Lamarcus Joyner

Can't we just have a mock without made up trades?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Also, it seems you are trading picks and then trying to trade back to their almost identical location.. seems a bit counter productive..

Almost, but the point of that was if some team offered pick(s) in next year's draft.

Can't we just have a mock without made up trades?

Made up trades? As opposed to made up picks? Sure, go for it.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

We won't know 'til May, but I think you're reaching for Purifoy, and I think Austin Sefarian-Jenkins goes at least 2 rounds higher than you have him going.

Not a huge fan of Antone Exum, but I like Easley & Martin.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta put my mock up against yours Sick.. This was for trading up to get Watkins...

So say it takes #30, #56, #94 and a first and fourth next year to get to the top 7 and get Watkins.. Say we get a 3rd round comp for Goldson.. So bear with me while I run through this quick mock and let me know what you think

I am sure they are rose colored glasses, but I believe mine would be better for the team long haul..
I don't think Jenkins will be available in the 6th round. I would rather have the Niners stay put in the first round and draft Cooks. He could play both slot and outside receiver and also help on punt returns. Then trade up early 2nd round and possibly draft Tuitt if he's not gone by the first round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aaron Lynch, who weighed 249 pounds at the combine, ran 40s in 4.66 & 4.68 seconds. He also had a 29 inch vertical. Not great for him.

That probably would've been close to 4.75 at the combine.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think Jenkins will be available in the 6th round. I would rather have the Niners stay put in the first round and draft Cooks. He could play both slot and outside receiver and also help on punt returns. Then trade up early 2nd round and possibly draft Tuitt if he's not gone by the first round.

Well if we are being honest, Cooks is going to go top 20 on May 8th..

And I am surprised you all think that ASJ is going to go 4th when he quit his team several months ago and is well known to be a hit or miss personality.

I stretched prolly with LP in the second but I didn't think McGill was a great fit there. I almost went with Easley in the second..

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are being honest, Cooks is going to go top 20 on May 8th..

And I am surprised you all think that ASJ is going to go 4th when he quit his team several months ago and is well known to be a hit or miss personality.

I stretched prolly with LP in the second but I didn't think McGill was a great fit there. I almost went with Easley in the second..

If Niners trade up for Cooks, it won't cost them as much. They can trade for the 16th pick and will cost them the 30th pick and a 3rd round pick.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Niners trade up for Cooks, it won't cost them as much. They can trade for the 16th pick and will cost them the 30th pick and a 3rd round pick.

Now that is intriguing... Even if we have to throw in a third next year or 5th this year that would probably be worth it