• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Rd1: Alshon Jeffery
Rd2: Jayron Hosley
Rd3: Kevin Zeitler
Rd4: Kheeston Randall

It looks like a solid draft, but considering that we passed up on Janoris Jenkins for Jeffery I wouldn't be happy with it. I would much rather get Jenkins in the first, and trade up for Criner in the 2nd.

In terms of Combos:
Jenkins & Criner > Jeffery & Hosley

How much is that trade up for Criner though? also, they have him listed at what 6'4? saw some highlights, while having a big frame, he's really close to 6'2 IMO....(they may have change his HT from the last i checked)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much is that trade up for Criner though? also, they have him listed at what 6'4? saw some highlights, while having a big frame, he's really close to 6'2 IMO....(they may have change his HT from the last i checked)

I'd give up our 2nd and our 5th & 6th
or
I'd give up our 2nd and our 4th

...And yes, he is 6'2 - but he plays like he's 6'4 and that's the key point here. Dez Bryant is a guy who's about 6'2 but plays like he's 6'5. Well Juron is a receiver that plays like he's a regular 6'4 receiver.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up our 2nd and our 5th & 6th
or
I'd give up our 2nd and our 4th

...And yes, he is 6'2 - but he plays like he's 6'4 and that's the key point here. Dez Bryant is a guy who's about 6'2 but plays like he's 6'5. Well Juron is a receiver that plays like he's a regular 6'4 receiver.

Hmm pretty bulky there, this of course assumes Jenkins was drafted in the first per your scenario?

If we were to go all in outside of Luck... i would do the ATL trade to get Blackmon... if its going to be multiple everything, why not?

I think i'd do that considering our window isn't so large IMO.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Criner at one point measured 6'2 1/8".

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I really think Cordy Glenn will be the pick if he's there though.

He'd better be! (Unless Konz is there too; I like 'em both).

Seems like the best value in round 1 this year is drafting OL and the best value for round 2 this year is drafting CBs.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with running backs losing stock in the draft this is possible. What happens if Trent Richardson is on the board when we pick?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I guess with running backs losing stock in the draft this is possible. What happens if Trent Richardson is on the board when we pick?

I don't think there's any way that happens, but Trent Richardson would be a steal IMO. He's EASILY a better prospect than Ingram was IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

what if its david decastro still on the board?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think cordy glenn can play LT right from the start. i was thinking his celing in the nfl might be RT, but he looks pretty nimble.

that would put staley to RT where he played well in the past and davis to RG where he would manhandle defensive linemen. center would still be an issue, but i think our line would improve a ton.

i'd still take konz over glenn if both were sitting there

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Decarsto would be grand theft O-lineman. He's everything you want in a guard.

Glenn would be a steal too & potentially an even bigger one (although Decastro's floor is much higher IMO).

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think cordy glenn can play LT right from the start. i was thinking his celing in the nfl might be RT, but he looks pretty nimble.

that would put staley to RT where he played well in the past and davis to RG where he would manhandle defensive linemen. center would still be an issue, but i think our line would improve a ton.

i'd still take konz over glenn if both were sitting there

I'd like to keep A Davis at RT... he pretty much excelled at that position this whole year(2nd yr)... the kid is growing to a beast. Give him a knowledgable or smart RG and he's beasting.

Decastro won't last, probably him and Glenn right now are the only OL i would reach for if deemed appropiate(realistically)

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be surprised at all if we didnt go WR in the first round. I feel they will try to address that need in the later rounds like around 3-4 and in FA.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless he was going to play fs, I wouldn't see the move being too shaby.

I really think Cordy Glenn will be the pick if he's there though.

Why would we even go there? He wouldn't be an upgrade over Whitner or Goldson. Strong or Free Safety, I don't see him making a huge impact on our defense at all. Not only would he not be an upgrade from our current starters, I don't see him even being a better safety than Reggie Smith.

I'm not quite sure why we would want to address the safety position this year anyway. If we are going to draft a safety this April it would have to be only because we decided to let Goldson walk away. If we intend to address this position it better not be anywhere close to the first two or 3 rounds. We can simply use a late round pick on guys like Janzen Jackson or Bacarri Rambo (I think in Clyde's thread he mentiond that he opted to stay in school? don't remember).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Rambo is staying in school.

He joins Cornelius Washington, Jarvis Jones, and John Jenkins in returning for the Bulldogs. They'll also have as what many regard as the best NT prospect since B.J. Raji in Kwame Geathers. Georgia's defense next season should be nasty.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we even go there? He wouldn't be an upgrade over Whitner or Goldson. Strong or Free Safety, I don't see him making a huge impact on our defense at all. Not only would he not be an upgrade from our current starters, I don't see him even being a better safety than Reggie Smith.

I'm not quite sure why we would want to address the safety position this year anyway. If we are going to draft a safety this April it would have to be only because we decided to let Goldson walk away. If we intend to address this position it better not be anywhere close to the first two or 3 rounds. We can simply use a late round pick on guys like Janzen Jackson or Bacarri Rambo (I think in Clyde's thread he mentiond that he opted to stay in school? don't remember).

I wouldn't want the move, I just wouldn't be mad at it. You never know though, he could be a player of Goldson's skill at fs, he also would be alot cheaper...for a while.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought Jeffery was a beast his first 2 years, I'm sure everyone did. This past year was a little more tough, with the loss of weapons at SC (Garcia being dismissed, Lattimore going down for the year). I tried not hold it against him.

Besides the issue of separation, his conditioning scares me. I saw a picture of some of the Gamecock stars (found it: SIAP), and he looks bad. Like, really bad.

He's #1, if you couldn't tell.

Alshon-Jeffrey-Is-Fat.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jeffery was a beast his first 2 years, I'm sure everyone did. This past year was a little more tough, with the loss of weapons at SC (Garcia being dismissed, Lattimore going down for the year). I tried not hold it against him.

Besides the issue of separation, his conditioning scares me. I saw a picture of some of the Gamecock stars (found it: SIAP), and he looks bad. Like, really bad.

He's #1, if you couldn't tell.

Alshon-Jeffrey-Is-Fat.jpg

Like I said early in the thread, he should gain about 25 more lbs (of muscle) and become a pass catching te. He'd be a mismatch at te.