• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter:
1) Hill
2) Boykins
3) Crick
4) Streeter
5) Michael Brewster
6) Miles Burris
7) Duke Ihenacho

I would be ecstatic with this draft.

If I could sub Boykins with Bentley(if avail) I would take this and run with it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The talent drops significantly, but that doesn't mean there isn't value. I'll put it this way: I think there is more value in three second-round-to-early-third-round picks this year than #30 and a late third or fourth round. Some years, I might not feel that way, and favor a #25 over #30 and everything third round and later. All of the "steal" picks (or so they seem to me) look to be disappearing throughout the second and early third of most mocks.

not disputing value in round 2/early 3rd, i'm wondering whats the best way to obtain more picks in those rounds? you want three picks by the early 3rd.

you want to trade down from 30 which might get another late 2nd plus late 3rd? so we'd have two late 2nds and two late 3rds. i'll just asssume we can trade the two late 3rds for a late 2nd, so we'd end up with three late 2nds.

i'm wondering if the three picks can be our #30, our own round 2, and trade up our late round 3 into early round 3? we'd use the 4th and 7th to move up, giving us three picks by early 3rd. i'm willing to draft less players but retain the 30th, almost a full round before your first pick.

willing to give up the 4th and 7th cause we likely won't keep seven draft picks. if it requires the 4th and 6th, i'd still do it.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not disputing value in round 2/early 3rd, i'm wondering whats the best way to obtain more picks in those rounds? you want three picks by the early 3rd.

you want to trade down from 30 which might get another late 2nd plus late 3rd? so we'd have two late 2nds and two late 3rds. i'll just asssume we can trade the two late 3rds for a late 2nd, so we'd end up with three late 2nds.

i'm wondering if the three picks can be our #30, our own round 2, and trade up our late round 3 into early round 3? we'd use the 4th and 7th to move up, giving us three picks by early 3rd. i'm willing to draft less players but retain the 30th, almost a full round before your first pick.

willing to give up the 4th and 7th cause we likely won't keep seven draft picks. if it requires the 4th and 6th, i'd still do it.

I like that plan. It just depends who is available at #30. For me, if Konz/Hill/Jenkins/Poe (assuming Glenn/DeCastro/Floyd taken) are gone, I favor trading down in hopes of grabbing two of Zeitler/Jeffrey/Boykin/Silatalu/Randle/Sanu/Brooks/Fleener. Some of those guys would make me happier than others, but you get my point. I think we have similar ideas, but like all draft scenarios, it's completely impacted by the teams in front. Fun speculation conversation, nonetheless.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like that plan. It just depends who is available at #30. For me, if Konz/Hill/Jenkins/Poe (assuming Glenn/DeCastro/Floyd taken) are gone, I favor trading down in hopes of grabbing two of Zeitler/Jeffrey/Boykin/Silatalu/Randle/Sanu/Brooks/Fleener. Some of those guys would make me happier than others, but you get my point. I think we have similar ideas, but like all draft scenarios, it's completely impacted by the teams in front. Fun speculation conversation, nonetheless.

ok.

if we do trade down, hope its for future picks. cause no guarantee you can use extra picks to trade back up later. prefer we not end up with eight or nine picks.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big names available in Round 2
Originally Published: April 27, 2012
By Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl | Scouts Inc.

Trades dominated Round 1, and the trickle-down effect of all that action will be felt early in the second round.

Three of the first 13 picks in Round 2 -- Baltimore at No. 35 overall, Denver at 36, St. Louis at 45 -- were acquired in trades Thursday, and the Rams also have the first (No. 33 overall) and seventh (39) picks in the second.

There are plenty of impact players remaining on the board, with a host of storylines to follow. We project many teams to get help along the line of scrimmage, a run on cornerbacks in the middle of the round and two more big-name quarterbacks to come off the board.

Here's how things could play out.

St. Louis Rams
Record: 2-14
Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

Indianapolis Colts
Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

Baltimore Ravens (from MIN)
Record: 12-4
Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State

Denver Broncos (from TAM)
Record: 8-8
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State

Cleveland Browns
Record: 4-12
Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech

Jacksonville Jaguars
Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama

St. Louis Rams (from WAS)
Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

Carolina Panthers
Record: 6-10
Devon Still, DT, Penn State

Buffalo Bills
Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia

Miami Dolphins
Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina

Seattle Seahawks
Record: 7-9
Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina

Kansas City Chiefs
Record: 7-9
Jeff Allen, G, Illinois

St. Louis Rams
Trumaine Johnson, CB, Montana

Philadelphia Eagles
Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama

New York Jets
Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State

New England Patriots
Record: 13-3
Josh Robinson, CB, Central Florida

San Diego Chargers
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

Chicago Bears
Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Philadelphia Eagles (from ARI)
Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State

Tennessee Titans
Record: 9-7
Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall

Cincinnati Bengals
Bobby Massie, OT, Mississippi

Detroit Lions
Record: 10-6
Dwight Bentley, CB, La.-Lafayette

Atlanta Falcons
Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson

Pittsburgh Steelers
Mychal Kendricks, ILB, California

Denver Broncos
Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State

Houston Texans
Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

Green Bay Packers
Record: 15-1
Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

Baltimore Ravens
Andre Branch, DE, Clemson

San Francisco 49ers
Kendall Reyes, DT, Connecticut

New England Patriots
Brandon Taylor, S, LSU

New York Giants
Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to see us go dwayne allen based on the above. we could use a redzone target, but i'd like to see us make a move up for glenn.