• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a heavy draft for the Chiefs, by the way. Poe, Silatolu, Ta'amu.

Fleener and David Wilson to the Giants could be scary with what they already have.

+1

A totally agree with everything you have said above.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ruben that "late" in the 2nd round would be a steal for us. I like the Martin pick too. I like Zeitler, but I'm not sure if we passed up on Jenkins in that scenario (I didn't analyze his full draft draft yet to see where Jenkins, Hill, etc. went...)

But I was surpise to see Nick Perry go to the Panthers, and Still, Lamar Miller, and others lasting till the 3rd round. Very interesting to say the least...!

I just looked through myself to see where guys went. Jenkins goes to the Pats, one pick after ours. Hill went to the Jags in the 2nd.

All in all, I'd be happy with our picks. Zeitler isn't a splashy pick, but I do like building through the lines. Randle would be awesome in the 2nd. LSU's offense really kept him from exploding, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just looked through myself to see where guys went. Jenkins goes to the Pats, one pick after ours. Hill went to the Jags in the 2nd.

All in all, I'd be happy with our picks. Zeitler isn't a splashy pick, but I do like building through the lines. Randle would be awesome in the 2nd. LSU's offense really kept him from exploding, I think.

I strongly agree! That was my assessment of him in his years in Baton Rouge.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Randle would be an amazing 2nd round pick, and if he's there in the 2nd then a lot of teams really screwed up. I'd LOVE to get Randle or Allen in the 2nd...

I've been saying all year Devon Still was vastly overrated when he was considered a top 15 pick. Same with Michael Brockers. But the 3rd round seems pretty low even for my less than flattering analysis of him.

Perry at 40 and Miller in the 3rd round is obscene value.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle would be an amazing 2nd round pick, and if he's there in the 2nd then a lot of teams really screwed up. I'd LOVE to get Randle or Allen in the 2nd...

I've been saying all year Devon Still was vastly overrated when he was considered a top 15 pick. Same with Michael Brockers. But the 3rd round seems pretty low even for my less than flattering analysis of him.

Perry at 40 and Miller in the 3rd round is obscene value.

Only based upon good workouts. Neither guy put up "obscene" stats, ever on the field (though Miller's 1200 yards were solid).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Only based upon good workouts. Neither guy put up "obscene" stats, ever on the field (though Miller's 1200 yards were solid).

They didn't have to put up obscene stats to have obscene value. Perry's 9.5 sacks this year were very good but not amazing. However, doing so mostly from the weak side consistently applying pressire at 271 pounds should put him in the top 10 (especially with the 10 yard split, broad & high jumps he put up). The dude has great closing speed, and he's huge. And he's not aa Quinton Coples 6'6 huge, he's a more compact 6'3 huge (with only 1/4 inch shorter arms & 35 reps VS Coples' 25). The guy is focused, and he works his butt off. He also has the ability to line up at DE in situations, whereas most OLBs wouldn't be able to control the gaps as well as he.

A lot of DEs who put up a bunch of sack numbers do so moving around from RDE to LDE a lot, and they're usually 15-20 pounds lighter than Perry. Perry lines up almost every single snap at RDE. He line up against some good OLTs the last few years (like Martin from Stanford, Schwartz from Cal, who is underrated IMO).

I've been calling him the next Brian Orakpo... I admit, that's a little optimistic. However, a guy who can play OLB at 271 pounds is rare. I'd rather have a guy maybe cut 10 pounds & be even more explosive than have a guy who needs to put on a little more muscle to become more stout at the point of attack. In this weak draft Perry is one of the 10-12 best players in the whole thing IMO.

I only have 1 concer about Nick Perry... will he CONTINUE to use steroids and / or HGH in the NFL like Brian Cushing & probably condom 'roid monkey Clay Mathews, or will he stop taking 'em like a lot of other USC busts. :)

Miller didn't put up "obscene" stats, but he's still obscene value in the 3rd round.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would like to grab Posey in the 5th if he is there. Would have been a much higher pick if he hadnt been a moron.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The holy grail of Mock Drafts has been posted:
2012 NFL Mock Drafts : Mike Mayock 2012 NFL mock draft

Btw, NEW SIG for tomorrow :)

I will vomit with rage if the Pats get Perry.

Starting to look like Stephen Hill will not be a 49er. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm leaning towards Hill being a really good player.

Don't know why Glenn is being mocked so low lately, but he'd be an amazing pick if he's there.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting pick for us made by Mayock.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a good looking mock for the Niners. The only change I would make would be to take Lamar Miller at 125. That would be a great value pick.

I don't like it all that much. Again, passing up on Jenkins. Or Chase Minnifield for that matter if you as a GM are uncomfortable with Jenkins' past. I like the Terrell Manning pick at that spot (would provide good depth), and the Mike Harris pick as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a good looking mock for the Niners. The only change I would make would be to take Lamar Miller at 125. That would be a great value pick.

yeah, i'd think a RB or other would fit somewhere over a second CB?

he has the 49ers taking a CB in the 2nd (Boykin) and another in the 5th. but once we add Boykin to what we already have, can't see another CB?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'd think a RB or other would fit somewhere over a second CB?

he has the 49ers taking a CB in the 2nd (Boykin) and another in the 5th. but once we add Boykin to what we already have, can't see another CB?

Yeah. A safety might be better in the 5th, depth-wise. I'm not the biggest Boykin fan, but I would be alright with this draft. Bingo has a point that passing on Jenkins could be a bad idea. That is why I favor trading down to get the two best available of G/CB/WR. By the time the Niners pick in the 2nd, the talent level drops pretty significantly. If the front office can find a way to get one of Konz/Zietler/Silatolu/Osemele and one of Jenkins/Hill/Randle/Sanu, I'll be pretty happy. I think some of those combinations are very doable.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm currently watching Mayock's final mock on NFLNW