• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Mock Drafts

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks bingo wr cb g is my guess for are first round pick i dont see them going d line round 1 when Brown, brock, goldson, moss and ginn are on one years and we only have 2 guards on the roster we dont need bodies at these positions we need talent because ppl do get hurt in this sport...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleener has a very good 40 time, is he more like an oversized WR? previously, believe i read he catches well too?

if we view him more WR than TE, would that make it more acceptable?

not pushing for Fleener or TE for that matter, just asking............

Basically IMO, he'd be a better version of Walker in the 49er offense. I don't view him as a WR, but a modern TE. Pretty good blocker and could turn into a much better blocker if he works hard like Vernon did. Harbaugh and Roman use TE's quite a bit, so its not like he wouldn't be making an impact or not getting enough snaps to justify the late 1st round pick. Vernon's the guy, but Fleener could be on the field at the same time and help free up Vernon (common comparison is what NE does with Gronk and Hernandez- very difficult to contain both unless you have the right + versatile personnel).

I'm ok with taking him at 30 depending on who is left on the board. This team isn't desperate to fill needs, so it can go BPA.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Basically IMO, he'd be a better version of Walker in the 49er offense. I don't view him as a WR, but a modern TE. Pretty good blocker and could turn into a much better blocker if he works hard like Vernon did. Harbaugh and Roman use TE's quite a bit, so its not like he wouldn't be making an impact or not getting enough snaps to justify the late 1st round pick. Vernon's the guy, but Fleener could be on the field at the same time and help free up Vernon (common comparison is what NE does with Gronk and Hernandez- very difficult to contain both unless you have the right + versatile personnel).

I'm ok with taking him at 30 depending on who is left on the board. This team isn't desperate to fill needs, so it can go BPA.

ok.

btw - i like that description.......'modern TE'.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fleener has a very good 40 time, is he more like an oversized WR?

Yes! You nailed that one. He has good speed & length, but that's about it. He also had a friggn' sugreon throwing to him...

He also didn't run at the combine, so you can't take his times and compare 'em to other players. He's not extremely fast. He's faster than average, but he's not Vernon. Fleener isn't that special.

I would MUCH rather have a complete TE like Allen in the 2nd than a oversized WR like Fleen in the 1st. Allen blocks MUCH better, and he's a good receiver. He & Davis on the field together would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes! You nailed that one. He has good speed & length, but that's about it. He also had a friggn' sugreon throwing to him...

He also didn't run at the combine, so you can't take his times and compare 'em to other players. He's not extremely fast. He's faster than average, but he's not Vernon. Fleener isn't that special.

I would MUCH rather have a complete TE like Allen in the 2nd than a oversized WR like Fleen in the 1st. Allen blocks MUCH better, and he's a good receiver. He & Davis on the field together would be great.

its not just being fast, does he route run and catch like a WR? if he does, then combined with his 'length', thats a weapon. but ok, if Fleener is like you say above, Baalke won't draft him at 30.

i'd rather take a complete TE too, but is he? is Allen just as dangerous in the passing game as Fleener?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
is Allen just as dangerous in the passing game as Fleener?

It's closer than most people think IMO, but I'd give the edge to Fleener in the passing game (except for pass-blocking). However, that Allen is a MUCH better blocker than Fleener.

If the Niners needed a starting TE I would be fine with taking Fleener at 30. In a weak draft like this I'd say 30 is around where he belongs. However, I think there are a lot of players with about the same overall value who would contribute more on the Niners than a #2 TE.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's closer than most people think IMO, but I'd give the edge to Fleener in the passing game (except for pass-blocking). However, that Allen is a MUCH better blocker than Fleener.

If the Niners needed a starting TE I would be fine with taking Fleener at 30. In a weak draft like this I'd say 30 is around where he belongs. However, I think there are a lot of players with about the same overall value who would contribute more on the Niners than a #2 TE.

yeah, if its the 'same overall value', i'm certainly not in favor of TE. agree in this case we'd go with Need, and get the most immediate contribution.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if harbaugh is high on fleener i would have no problems with him at 30. harbaugh coached him and should know better than anyone what fleener can bring to a team.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kiper 2 round mock out

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
kiper 2 round mock out

I don't see anything new from Kiper in terms of updating his mock. It is the same thing that Sick had posted back on 4/5/12. See post # 427

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fleener is a good route runner and has better hands than Allen. Fleener also plays with an attitude. And Fleener is fast and plays fast. I like him because he can jump to the highest point to grab a ball and has great body control for a TE. He also is used to this offense and was used as the motion man like Walker is in ours. Fleener can block, but he isn't a great blocker. However I would rather teach a TE how to become a better blocker then take a TE who isn't as natural a WR but he can block well.

I also think Fleener would be a better fit with Davis. Davis isn't a redzone toss the ball up TE like Gronk or Graham. Fleener is. I heard a guy say he has the game like Graham but the nastyness on the field of Shockey. If he is BPA at 3O then take him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I would rather teach a TE how to become a better blocker then take a TE who isn't as natural a WR but he can block well.

So would I. But good blocking can't necessarily just be taught either. If a player is just lanky, lacks lower body & core strength or whatever the problem is then no matter how much practice he gets he'll never become a good blocker. Look at Shannon Sharpe; he was in the league for 100 years, and he never became a good blocker.

I don't think Allen will be there in the 2nd round, but I would jump for joy if he is and the Niners take him. I'd be upset with any TE in the first round.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So would I. But good blocking can't necessarily just be taught either. If a player is just lanky, lacks lower body & core strength or whatever the problem is then no matter how much practice he gets he'll never become a good blocker. Look at Shannon Sharpe; he was in the league for 100 years, and he never became a good blocker.

I don't think Allen will be there in the 2nd round, but I would jump for joy if he is and the Niners take him. I'd be upset with any TE in the first round.

just for discussion sake.........if you could draft Rob Gronkoswki at 30th, would you? knowing who we have on the roster now, would you think he's worth the 30th overall?

if you could draft Jimmy Graham at 30th, would you? knowing who we have on the roster now, would you think he's worth the 30th overall?

are these guys good blockers, average blockers, or poor blockers?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
just for discussion sake.........if you could draft Rob Gronkoswki at 30th, would you? knowing who we have on the roster now, would you think he's worth the 30th overall?

Hell yes I would.

if you could draft Jimmy Graham at 30th, would you? knowing who we have on the roster now, would you think he's worth the 30th overall?

Hell yes. I wanted him in the '10 draft pretty badly; Bowman's a great consolation prize though.

Gronk & Graham are both good blockers I'd say.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is a stud blocker. He's the most complete TE in the league. And I'm not saying that because I wanna have his babies.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

are these guys good blockers, average blockers, or poor blockers?

Just for discussion's sake, who else is available? If Gronkowski is there and Aaron Rodgers is there, then no, I wouldn't take Gronk.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk is a stud blocker. He's the most complete TE in the league. And I'm not saying that because I wanna have his babies.

Although having his babies is something you surely have contemplated, it seems....