• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tyler Bray just completed a pass to his head coach. :)

Apparently, he's having a pretty bad game too.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jackson Jeffcoat gets a sack, but the QB held on so long that was inevitable.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
btw my buddy just saw your avatar and he thought it was hilarious.

Thanks. I did it to show my support of Crabtree because, since I trashed that draft pick from the minute I heard it, people accused me of hoping he'd fail.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All these criticism I'm hearing about Barkley reminds me of Drew Brees when he was coming out of college. Barkley is the best comparison to Barkley in terms of size/talent/accuracy/arm strength/football ID/Leadership to come out of college ranks since Brees entered the league.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
All these criticism I'm hearing about Barkley reminds me of Drew Brees when he was coming out of college.

Really? I just don't see it. Brees was one of those players whose players who people doubted becuase of his limited physical abilities, but his play on the field and fundamentals were great.

First of all, literally everybody I've heard (outside this forum) says that Barkley is a shoe-in for the #1 pick overall. Other than myself, I don't know anyone who has been consistently critical of him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these criticism I'm hearing about Barkley reminds me of Drew Brees when he was coming out of college. Barkley is the best comparison to Barkley in terms of size/talent/accuracy/arm strength/football ID/Leadership to come out of college ranks since Brees entered the league.

Thats exactly who I compare him to. Barkley just needs to improve his down field accuracy

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
OLB Trent Murphy with the sack. His 2nd of the season. Josh Mauro had one too the previous play.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Chase Murphy with the sack! It's now 4th & 40.

...And that's game. That was a good one. Stanford wins.

I love to see Lane Kiffin pissed off. I want to hear his post-game interview. :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Man there have been a lot of pass interference calls today. They never used to call so many in the NFL or NCAA.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Barkley is definitely best compared to Barkley. Almost exactly, astute observation. ;)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Brees is not a good comparison to Barkley IMO. I think a better comparison is Joey Harrington. Both great college players who played in the Pac-10 / 12 who were / will be picked in the top 5 (probably). Both played for very good teams, and both had below average arms. Neither one had excellent accuracy either.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Really? I just don't see it. Brees was one of those players whose players who people doubted becuase of his limited physical abilities, but his play on the field and fundamentals were great.

First of all, literally everybody I've heard (outside this forum) says that Barkley is a shoe-in for the #1 pick overall. Other than myself, I don't know anyone who has been consistently critical of him.

So why is the "but" for? As if Barkley's play and fundamentals aren't great! The link you provided yes (college football top 100 players) specifically complimented on Barkley's fundamentals (mechanics)".

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brees is not a good comparison to Barkley IMO. I think a better comparison is Joey Harrington. Both great college players who played in the Pac-10 / 12 who were / will be picked in the top 5 (probably). Both played for very good teams, and both had below average arms. Neither one had excellent accuracy either.

First of all, Joey Harrington had a strong Cam Newton type like arm. Brees frame and height is no where close in comparison to Joeys. WTF does the conference they played out of have to do with anything? Jamarcus Russell played in the SEC, had a strong arm, a one hit (year) wonder, and he was a tall black man. That meant for you Cam Newton was doomed to fail because he too was a tall black man out of the SEC, a one hit wonder, and with a strong a$$ arm. You need to do a better job in watching games and analyzing people in a different manner. Barkley is playing in a pro style offense and is uncanny in his ability to go through his progressions. He has a quick release too, and for you to say that his accuracy isn't superb means that you haven't enough of him play.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Barkley is a classic pocket passer with an extraordinary football IQ. He complements superb instincts and awareness with a refined set of fundamentals that allow him to make all the throws from the pocket. Barkley shows exceptional accuracy and ball placement, particularly on short and intermediate routes thrown inside the numbers. He consistently tosses tight spirals within the strike zone of his intended target, leading to valuable yardage after the catch.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Barkley is a classic pocket passer with an extraordinary football IQ. He complements superb instincts and awareness with a refined set of fundamentals that allow him to make all the throws from the pocket. Barkley shows exceptional accuracy and ball placement, particularly on short and intermediate routes thrown inside the numbers. He consistently tosses tight spirals within the strike zone of his intended target, leading to valuable yardage after the catch.

I disagree very strongly with that part. Too many of his passes wobble at all levels of the field.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
First of all, Joey Harrington had a strong Cam Newton type like arm. Brees frame and height is no where close in comparison to Joeys. WTF does the conference they played out of have to do with anything? Jamarcus Russell played in the SEC, had a strong arm, a one hit (year) wonder, and he was a tall black man. That meant for you Cam Newton was doomed to fail because he too was a tall black man out of the SEC, a one hit wonder, and with a strong a$$ arm. You need to do a better job in watching games and analyzing people in a different manner. Barkley is playing in a pro style offense and is uncanny in his ability to go through his progressions. He has a quick release too, and for you to say that his accuracy isn't superb means that you haven't enough of him play.

Joey Harrington did not have a strong, Cam Newton-like arm. And I didn't say it was a perfect analogy, but I think Harrington's play resembles Barkley a lot more than Brees' play did.

And what does it matter what conference in which they played? It matters a lot. It's not like the NFL where everybody plays everybody.

It looks like you have a lot of faith in Barkley. I have very little. You could be right. Who knows? I just don't see a great NFL QB prospect. I see an average to below average one.