• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UCLA LDE Datone Jones had a heck of a game today against the Cornhuskers. His burst off the line is one of the best I've seen this season and last. He sheds well, he's violent, and plays with good leverage for the most part. I could see him becoming quite the popular player in the coming months because physically he seems like a good fit for alot of teams.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think we will finally beat Florida next week.

I think so, too. They have not looked good. I hope our D really sharpens up this week, though. Neal need to continue going North/South as well.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson was knocked out in the 2nd quarter for what they are suspecting might be a concussion. When he was knocked he already had 197 yards and 2 TDs.

So much for basing QB performance off an upset :peep:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turned out to be a broken collarbone. He'll be out 3-4 weeks.

It wasn't a broken collarbone afterall. There's a chance he'll play against Alabama. I really wanna see that matchup.

Speaking of favorite prospects, would we be too greedy if we try and take Jarvis Jones this year? This guy is becoming one of my favorite defensive prospects of all time. Right there with Watt, Suh, and Willis.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't a broken collarbone afterall. There's a chance he'll play against Alabama. I really wanna see that matchup.

Speaking of favorite prospects, would we be too greedy if we try and take Jarvis Jones this year? This guy is becoming one of my favorite defensive prospects of all time. Right there with Watt, Suh, and Willis.

I was down on him at the beginning of the year, but he's moving up my list now. I still feel like he lacks the strength he's going to need at the next level. Right now I'm more intrigued by Montgomery all though I really feel we need to address our Defensive line if we have the opportunity.

It's nice that we don't have any gaping holes right now. Interior OL and DL should be priorities.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we don't need a RB, but I'd be very, very tempted to take Ellington depending on where he's projected to go. Just a rare blend of speed, balance, and vision. You almost never see RBs his size hit the whole as hard as he does with as much authority as he does. Just so fun to watch.

This is vs. Auburn the first week of this season:

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a toss up between Ellington and Lattimore for me right now. Both are worthy of a top 10 pick. I just don't see the point in drafting a RB that early. If you are drafting that high you should have higher priorities and can always find a serviceable RB in later rounds.

Still, teams are always willing to take one early on as the Browns did this year. I still think that was one of the worst picks in the entire draft and it has nothing to do with Trent Richardson and everything to do with ignoring other glaring holes (such as WR).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Ellington as a top-10 pick quite yet. I think you have to be really, really special as a RB to be taken in the top-10. C.J. Spiller did go in the top-10 though, and I do think Ellington is a much, much better prospect. He does need to show he can be a consistent pass catcher from the backfield, though.

Couple of other interesting guys are Ray Graham and Le'Veon Bell.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Ellington as a top-10 pick quite yet. I think you have to be really, really special as a RB to be taken in the top-10. C.J. Spiller did go in the top-10 though, and I do think Ellington is a much, much better prospect. He does need to show he can be a consistent pass catcher from the backfield, though.

Ellington's balance is amazing. I think if he can get slightly better as the season progresses he could have a chance at a top 10 pick. I was shocked the Bills took Spiller when they did. I actually really liked him as a prospect, but they had Lynch and Fred Jackson at the time. Teams just love over the top RB's for some reason.

Bell looks solid. I am shocked at how good of a route runner he is for a guy that big. He would of been a good second round pick for us this year (if he made it that far) to give some balance to our running game.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That kid is special. I mentioned him in post # 78. I watched one full game of his thus far, and a quarter game of a full game last week. The guy is special for real, but I just wish he was a tad faster when he gets in the open field. But with that size, that may be asking for a bit too much.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Steuber:

I'm told that a scout from #Giants will attend #SouthCarolinaState, #Arizona game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Bears, #Bengals, #Browns, #Eagles, #Ravens, #Seahawks & #Steelers will attend #Colorado, #FresnoState game on Sat.

I'm told scouts from #Bengals, #Bills, #Colts & #Giants will attend #Texas, #OleMiss game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Chiefs, #Packers & #Redskins will attend #UtahState, #Wisconsin game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Jaguars, #Jets, #Raiders & #Ravens will attend #BYU, #Utah game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Bengals, #Jets & #Rams will attend #BallState, #Indiana game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Titans & #Vikings will attend #SamHoustonState, #Baylor game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Bears, #Bills, #Falcons & #Saints will attend #NotreDame, #MichiganState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Cowboys will attend #MississippiState, #Troy game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Browns, #Falcons, #Jaguars & #Redskins will attend #FloridaAtlantic, #Georgia game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Dolphins will attend #BowlingGreen, #Toledo game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Giants & #Jets will attend #SouthAlabama, #NCState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Dolphins & #Lions will attend #WesternKentucky, #Kentucky game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #49ers, #Eagles & #Raiders will attend #JamesMadison, #WestVirginia game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Bills will attend #UAB, #SouthCarolina game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Colts will attend #NorthCarolina, #Louisville game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Browns & #Vikings will attend #WesternMichigan, #Minnesota game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Giants will attend #EasternMichigan, #Purdue game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Browns will attend #TCU, #Kansas game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Giants will attend #NorthernIowa, #Iowa game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from BAL, BUF, CAR, CLE, DET, JAX, NYG, NYJ, PHI, SF, SEA, PIT & WAS will attend #VaTech, #Pitt game on Sat. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #Bills, #Broncos, #Cardinals, #Cowboys & #Panthers will attend #WashingtonState, #UNLV game tonight. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #49ers, #Colts, #Lions, #Panthers & #Saints will attend #California, #OhioState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #49ers, #Chiefs & #Texans will attend #WakeForest, #FloridaState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told that a scout from #Saints will attend #WesternIllinois, #IowaState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Steuber:

[I'm told scouts from #49ers, #Colts, #Lions, #Panthers & #Saints will attend #California, #OhioState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL

I'm told scouts from #49ers, #Chiefs & #Texans will attend #WakeForest, #FloridaState game on Saturday. #NFLDraft #NFL
[/I]

Happy to hear we will have our spies attending the FSU game. Those guys work all year round though and Steuber wouldn't know every scout representing which team. That's still a good job by him in trying to track who's going where. Not many draft gurus do that, right Pozz? It's usually him that reports this type of news, correct?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marquess Wilson has 3 catches 2 of which went for TDs.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also dropped what would have been another. He must play incredibly fast or his 40 times are very outdated.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look at what Cordarrelle Patterson did to my # 1 rated defensive player in next year's draft!!! I was waiting for someone to post this on youtube and they finally did. This is the type of performance that allows an unknown player to jump into my top 5 rankings in a blank of an eye. From what I've seen on the limited time I have seen Patterson play, I am starting to like him better than his teammate Justin Hunter:

Last edited by a moderator:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen on the limited time I have seen Patterson play, I am starting to like him better than his teammate Justin Hunter:

He's very talented, but like you intimated, I would have to see a good bit more before I rank him ahead of Hunter.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Logan Thomas with an awful day today. I really don't like that guy as a prospect.