• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be the 1st to say it, I don't understand the Cordarrelle Patterson hype. Both Terrance Williams and DeAndre Hopkins are better WR options.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eric Galko:

David Bass, Missou West St DE who was great today, is 6'3, 263, with 10.5 inch hands, nearly 80 inch Wingspan. Late round sleeper no more.

Fellow impressive small school DE, #Princeton's Mike Catapano is 6'3, 270, 10 3/8 inch hands and 80+ wingspan. Impressive numbers.

My personal favorite OT Terron Armstead was an adequate 6'5, 304, and though his hands were sub 10 inches, had a 81.5 inch Wingspan.

Most impressive looking non-lineman is New Mexico's TE Lucas Reed. 6'5.5, 249, with 10.5 inch hands, and a massive 84 3/8 wingspan.

Concerning: #Vanderbilt's Zac Stacy is just 5'8 with 8.5 inch hands and around a 70 inch wingspan. Still like him, but concerning.

Finally, UNC's WR Erik Highsmith measured in at 6'0, 190 and just 8 inch hands. Hand size could scare teams off, despite great catches today

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Schottey:

Lotta talk about Christine Michael today, made some wow plays. Think he had just as many "blah" plays though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Liskiewitz:

I don't know guys, I just didn't see what some of the other analysts are saying they saw in Christine Michael today...

Josh Liskiewitz:

in general he danced way too much in the backfield and was slow to attack open lanes...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be the 1st to say it, I don't understand the Cordarrelle Patterson hype. Both Terrance Williams and DeAndre Hopkins are better WR options.

How many games did you watch him play? What games were they?
Patterson is so dynamic and explosive not only at WR but as a kick returner, punt returner, and out of the backfield. As a WR he's a deep threat, possession receiver, and YAC all in one.
Williams runs like he has size 18 feet and falls down all the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How many games did you watch him play? What games were they?
Patterson is so dynamic and explosive not only at WR but as a kick returner, punt returner, and out of the backfield. As a WR he's a deep threat, possession receiver, and YAC all in one.
Williams runs like he has size 18 feet and falls down all the time.

Who's better in your opinion? Patterson or Hunter? when I watched, Hunter looked more comfortable as a receiver.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's better in your opinion? Patterson or Hunter? when I watched, Hunter looked more comfortable as a receiver.

Unfortunately Hunter couldn't catch a cold and didnt get any bigger this season, so Patterson. Patterson is super raw but gets by on elite ability at WR right now. With some seasoning the kid will be on another level. Patterson gets the huge added bonus of being able to return punts and kickoffs. He also excelled on tosses and end around handoffs coming out of the backfield. Hunter can't do those things.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shawn Zobel:

Winners from first two days of Shrine practice: Mike Catapano, Brandon McGee, Keith Pough, Jasper Collins, Zeke Motta, Shamarko Thomas....

Out of the six quarterbacks in attendance this week, if I had to draft one to stash and develop it'd be SE Louisiana's Nathan Stanley

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
South Carolina WR (KR) Ace Sanders changed his mind and has decided to declare for the draft. Surprising. I like him but in a defined system where he's not having to pick up a million different things at once.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unfortunately Hunter couldn't catch a cold and didnt get any bigger this season, so Patterson. Patterson is super raw but gets by on elite ability at WR right now. With some seasoning the kid will be on another level. Patterson gets the huge added bonus of being able to return punts and kickoffs. He also excelled on tosses and end around handoffs coming out of the backfield. Hunter can't do those things.

Patterson still doesn't know how to run / sell his routes. The kid is so raw, with professional coaching, it's scary how good he will become in the NFL. When Percy Harvin was in college I was saying the same thing about him as well. Percy spent all of his time in a spread offense and 50% of those snaps was in the backfield as a tailback. I was saying to everyone, once you teach that kid how to run real routes and he learn the nuances of the position, he would be the most potent receiver in his class. In 2013, I'm saying the same about Patterson. Rather than seeing that being raw is an advantage, Sick doesn't see that. Sick tends to project/rate players on the "here and now" without taking consideration on potential. Potential is what led us to trade up for Kaepernick, he was considered raw as a passer. JPP is another example. Demayrius Thomas is another. Patterson has that same rawness and potential. Hunter does not have the same potential, though he too has room to develop and get better as a route runner, but it's not as enticing as Patterson. The guy barely new the offense and did what he did this year, imagine when he "gets it" and allows the mental part of the game mesh with his God given physical abilities. The tapes don't lie on him. It baffles me that some of you are still in denial about this kid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick tends to project/rate players on the "here and now" without taking consideration on potential. Potential is what led us to trade up for Kaepernick, he was considered raw as a passer.

No, I don't at all! In fact, one of our favourite players in years (Griffin from USC) was a high-ceiling, kind of raw player (not super raw). Mike Iupati was pretty raw coming out of college, but I LOVED that pick. People were trashing Patrick Peterson all last season (as a CB), but I said he would soon easily be the best CB in the NFL, and I said that before he played a single down.

I'm not denying Patterson's potential at all. I just haven't cemented an informed opinion about him. Nobody on earth watches every game of every player in college football, and nobody notices everything. I'm just throwing stuff out there & getting some other perspectives. I want to see if the rationale behind your opinions make sense.

As far as high-vceiling players go, the Niners have done great recently drafting those kinds of guys. However, I want to make sure they don't draft another Taylor Mays.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't at all! In fact, one of our favourite players in years (Griffin from USC) was a high-ceiling, kind of raw player (not super raw). Mike Iupati was pretty raw coming out of college, but I LOVED that pick. People were trashing Patrick Peterson all last season (as a CB), but I said he would soon easily be the best CB in the NFL, and I said that before he played a single down.

I'm not denying Patterson's potential at all. I just haven't cemented an informed opinion about him. Nobody on earth watches every game of every player in college football, and nobody notices everything. I'm just throwing stuff out there & getting some other perspectives. I want to see if the rationale behind your opinions make sense.

As far as high-vceiling players go, the Niners have done great recently drafting those kinds of guys. However, I want to make sure they don't draft another Taylor Mays.

You and me both. Mays is one of my all time least favorite picks. Most of us knew he wasn't an NFL safety before the draft. How he is starting for the Bengals is beyond me. Patterson isn't that kind of raw where he has no instincts to play the game. He simply needs to learn how to run option routes and learn the plays. Several times him and Bray weren't on the same page. I don't know if he ran the wrong route to begin with or chose the wrong option based on the coverage.