• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Like I said, tough to say without talking to team doctors. They'll know way more about it that we will. BUT, we did draft a RB in the 3rd round of 2005 draft whose stock plummeted after a college ACL injury, and that worked out pretty well for us.

Fair point, but Lattimore didn't just tear his ACL. Some injuries are permanent like when Robert Edwards screwed up his leg playing football on the beach. or when Bo Jackson broke his hip (I think it was his hip). Kinjana Carter comes to mind as well; he was never the same.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Speaking of ACL tears, Cornellius Carradine could become one of my favourite prospects in the draft this offseason if his stock is low enough. He tore his ACL late enough in the year that he won't be able to do anything at the combine. Don't know how far he'll drop, but he could be the pass-rush specalist I've been wanting for a long time. He & Tyler Bray are a couple of buy-low prospects I'd really lkve to have.

Other possible buy-low prospect:

Brandon Jenkins. Don't like him as much as his teammate Tank, but he could be a good NFL pass-rusher.

I used to want the Niners to trade up, but I'm starting to change my mind about that (unless it's for Jarvis Jones, which will probably never happen).

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, but Lattimore didn't just tear his ACL. Some injuries are permanent like when Robert Edwards screwed up his leg playing football on the beach. or when Bo Jackson broke his hip (I think it was his hip). Kinjana Carter comes to mind as well; he was never the same.

Agreed. That's why I said it's really tough to say at this point. Bummer, too. Lattimore is a brilliant talent.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand it was a very serious injury, but if he gets approved by the doctors he's too high of a reward to not grab him there. If the doctors don't clear him, then we don't draft him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A RB I'd seriously consider IF he fell far enough that's been flying under the radar is Silas Redd. He's impressive to watch, IMO. He's a junior though and it's not a sure thing he declares, though I do think he's gone when it's all said and done. He's currently my 5th ranked RB.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of ACL tears, Cornellius Carradine could become one of my favourite prospects in the draft this offseason if his stock is low enough. He tore his ACL late enough in the year that he won't be able to do anything at the combine. Don't know how far he'll drop, but he could be the pass-rush specalist I've been wanting for a long time. He & Tyler Bray are a couple of buy-low prospects I'd really lkve to have.

Other possible buy-low prospect:

Brandon Jenkins. Don't like him as much as his teammate Tank, but he could be a good NFL pass-rusher.

I used to want the Niners to trade up, but I'm starting to change my mind about that (unless it's for Jarvis Jones, which will probably never happen).

Jarvis Jones' medical condition could scare off a lot of teams in the first round. At this point I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him drop quite a bit.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A RB I'd seriously consider IF he fell far enough that's been flying under the radar is Silas Redd. He's impressive to watch, IMO. He's a junior though and it's not a sure thing he declares, though I do think he's gone when it's all said and done. He's currently my 5th ranked RB.

Yeah, I added him on my little 9ers mock draft. He is a talented back - somewhat underrated. He has Gore's one step cut uphill running style. Not the same type of vision but pretty good in that department as well. Low center of gravity as well. He's not as thick as Gore nor does he posses his power which is why I believe Silas will only be a mid to late round pick. He has the talent though to be a starter in the league.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis Jones' medical condition could scare off a lot of teams in the first round. At this point I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him drop quite a bit.

I don't view Jones as good as Miller was coming out so his size could play a big role in a drop as well.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the by far the weakest draft class I've seen in a long time as far as the first round is concerned. Especially the top 5. The Chiefs are screwed. They will probably end up taking Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, or maybe even Tyler Wilson. It's not like they really have a choice.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is the by far the weakest draft class I've seen in a long time as far as the first round is concerned. Especially the top 5. The Chiefs are screwed. They will probably end up taking Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, or maybe even Tyler Wilson. It's not like they really have a choice.

They have better insight than we do. If the word in the league is that Geno/Smith/Wilson would still be available in the mid first (15-20 range) I would definitely try to draft someone else with the 1st overall pick (non qb). Then I would make it my business to get back in the first to grab my guy (Barkley). I'd give my 2nd round pick and my next year first to move back up. I think that would be more than worth it for the so called underwhelming top QB prospects.

Worse case scenario: even if you can't move back up, there would be a strong possibility that Wilson would be available in the early 2nd round so I'd draft him there and call it the day. Te'O and Barkley combination would give you an A grade IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view Jones as good as Miller was coming out so his size could play a big role in a drop as well.

I had Miller as a better prospect as well. Two biggest questions about Jones: medically and length. The combine will determine if he's a top-5 pick or a mid to late first rounder.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I added him on my little 9ers mock draft. He is a talented back - somewhat underrated. He has Gore's one step cut uphill running style. Not the same type of vision but pretty good in that department as well. Low center of gravity as well. He's not as thick as Gore nor does he posses his power which is why I believe Silas will only be a mid to late round pick. He has the talent though to be a starter in the league.

I wouldn't jump the horn for Redd.... he was good at PSU(not great) and he came from King Low(around my HS) so he ain't that great LOL.....

:caked:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith are two legitimate franchise types, IMO. I don't think KC will do wrong picking one of them. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson has declared for the draft. Supremely talented. I'm a HUGE fan of him on the field. Off the field that's a different story.

EXPECTED TO ENTER/ENTERING THE DRAFT:
QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

RB Cierre Wood, Notre Dame

WR Stedman Bailey, WVU
WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St.

DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri

DE Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.

CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
QB Logan Thomas, Virginia

WR Devin Street, Pittsburgh

DT Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have better insight than we do. If the word in the league is that Geno/Smith/Wilson would still be available in the mid first (15-20 range) I would definitely try to draft someone else with the 1st overall pick (non qb). Then I would make it my business to get back in the first to grab my guy (Barkley). I'd give my 2nd round pick and my next year first to move back up. I think that would be more than worth it for the so called underwhelming top QB prospects.

Worse case scenario: even if you can't move back up, there would be a strong possibility that Wilson would be available in the early 2nd round so I'd draft him there and call it the day. Te'O and Barkley combination would give you an A grade IMO.

You really think KC should take Te'O first over all? I think he's a great player and all, but there is no way in hell he's worth the first over all pick. Taking Te'O and hoping you can jump back into the first round to grab Wilson or Barkley is taking a huge risk. They would be better or drafting Barkley or Wilson with the first pick IMO.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith are two legitimate franchise types, IMO. I don't think KC will do wrong picking one of them. But I know I'm in the minority on that one.

I like Wilson, Barkley, and Smith. I'm just not sold on any of them as the first over all pick. I think it's a very deep QB class, but the value is in the second half of the first round and early on in the 2nd round. I would be happier drafting Landry Jones in the 2nd round. I know I'm in the minority on that one, though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wilson, Barkley, and Smith. I'm just not sold on any of them as the first over all pick. I think it's a very deep QB class, but the value is in the second half of the first round and early on in the 2nd round. I would be happier drafting Landry Jones in the 2nd round. I know I'm in the minority on that one, though.

I disagree there. I think after Wilson and Smith it's really, really dry for QBs. There are a couple of guys I like, but it's not very deep at all. But again I might be in the minority on that one.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Steuber:

I'm told scouts from 49ers, Bears, Bills, Cowboys, Eagles, Jaguars, Panthers, Raiders & Saints will attend #Oklahoma, #TCU game on Saturday.