• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone see Tyler Wilson against Ole Miss today? I keep missing Arkansas' games. I'm not going to have much by which to evaluate Wilson if this keeps up. His numbers didn't look very good.

Aaron Murray had a terrible game against a pretty nasty Florida defense, but he won.

If you get one of the bazillion regional CBS Sports or Fox Sports channels, then chances are you can go back and watch some of their games between now and April. They re-air a ton of games at all hours of the day during the season and then again after the year, through the draft AND summer all the way up to the beginning of the next season again.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone see Tyler Wilson against Ole Miss today? I keep missing Arkansas' games. I'm not going to have much by which to evaluate Wilson if this keeps up. His numbers didn't look very good.

Aaron Murray had a terrible game against a pretty nasty Florida defense, but he won.

Forget numbers. The guy is in NFL QB playing in college. I would kill to trade up for him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore with 10.5 sacks now.

He's a monster. If he keeps this up he's not making it out of the top-10. Real bummer. Was one of my favorites late in the first round earlier in the year.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you guys go to find positional ratings and other draft related information? Are there any websites that you find more reliable than others? Thanks.

Also, NinerSickness, if you want to evaluate someone try draftbreakdown.com. You can watch videos of just about any prospect there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Also, NinerSickness, if you want to evaluate someone try draftbreakdown.com. You can watch videos of just about any prospect there.

Thanks UNC! Haven't heard of that one; I'll check it out.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ira Schoffel:

On call-in show, Jimbo Fisher said he thinks Brandon Jenkins likely goes to NFL instead or returning to college. But they haven't discussed.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ira Schoffel:

On call-in show, Jimbo Fisher said he thinks Brandon Jenkins likely goes to NFL instead or returning to college. But they haven't discussed.

As a Noles fan I may be overly biased, but I think we should really consider drafting this kid.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As a Noles fan I may be overly biased, but I think we should really consider drafting this kid.

He could be a steal for some team if he's fully recovered. I always thought he was overrated since last year, but now he's probably slotted to go in the 3rd or 4th round. Wouldn't mind picking him up as a nice situational pass rusher.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft 2013
Commentary
Prospect matchups on tapTop interior prospects will face off in Week 10 of the college season
Originally Published: October 31, 2012
By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.

There is minimal shifting in this week's ranking of the top 32 overall prospects for the NFL draft, but the action in Week 10 could produce plenty of shuffling in the near future.

This week's Alabama-LSU game features plenty of big-name prospects, including the top offensive lineman on the board taking on a potential first-round defensive tackle, and a pair of highly touted defensive ends who could wreak havoc as pass-rushers.

Elsewhere, a potentially career-threatening injury to South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore has dropped him out of the top 32, while a standout Big Ten offensive tackle makes his debut this week.

Here's a look at the entire list, with draft-eligible non-seniors noted with an asterisk.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Star Lotulelei DT 6-3 320
Analysis: Lotulelei continues to dominate interior offensive linemen with his blend of quickness and power. He also has strong hands, nimble feet, the ability to quickly discard blockers, and impressive lateral range.
Previously: 1

2. Barkevious Mingo* DE 6-5 240
Analysis: Mingo's long frame, elite first step as a pass-rusher and outstanding speed for his size make him a major weapon off the edge. He also has great range and closing burst against the run.
Previously: 2

3. Bjoern Werner* DE 6-4 255
Analysis: Werner has moved steadily up the board in recent weeks thanks to improved pass-rush skills and his ability to set the edge against the run. His quickness and strong hands are impressive, and Werner can convert speed to power when rushing the passer.
Previously: 3

4. Jarvis Jones* OLB 6-2 242
Analysis: Jones is a steady performer on a defense loaded with NFL prospects. He's a good overall athlete and top-notch pass-rusher, has impressive range in both pass coverage and against the run, and can line up all over the defensive formation.
Previously: 4

5. Chance Warmack OG 6-2⅜ 325
Analysis: Warmack is a big, strong, nasty lineman with good smarts and athleticism. The best guard I've evaluated in the past decade, Warmack is the rare interior lineman worthy of a top-10 overall pick.
Previously: 5

6. Manti Te'o ILB 6-1 248
Analysis: Te'o is a three-down linebacker who is strong at the point and delivers a solid hit against the run, and also has good range and playmaking ability in underneath coverage. He has impressive movement skills for a player his size, and Te'o sets the tone for his teammates with his leadership and focus.
Previously:7

7. Sylvester Williams DT 6-2 320
Analysis: Williams is a space-eater when he stays low and continues to flash the ability to make plays down the line of scrimmage. He needs to play with more consistent pad level, but he does show effective pass-rush moves at times.
Previously: 8

8. Geno Smith QB 6-2¾ 208
Analysis: Smith got off to a hot start in 2012 and shot up the draft board as a result, but he's cooled off in recent weeks. Still, his confidence, footwork and mechanics stood out early in the season, and he is one of the smartest, hardest-working quarterbacks in the nation.
Previously: 6

9. Jonathan Cooper OG 6-3 320
Analysis: Cooper's quickness, mobility, explosive power and good feet and balance all jump out on film. He has good awareness in pass protection and plays with an edge overall, and is making a solid case as an early first-round pick.
Previously: 10

10. Johnathan Hankins* DT 6-3 335
Analysis: Hankins can occupy multiple blockers against the run, won't back down at the point of attack, and will make plays with his effort as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 11

11. Dee Milliner* CB 6-0¾ 197
Analysis: Milliner's instincts, recognition skills and discipline stand out, and he's reliable in run support. His overall game, including good top-end speed and short-area quickness, makes him the top-rated corner on the board.
Previously: 9

12. Damontre Moore* DE 6-4 248
Analysis: A versatile prospect who can play outside linebacker in a 3-4, right or left end in a 4-3, and even move inside to rush the passer from the interior. Moore is quick and fluid as a pass-rusher, is able to hold up against the run and plays hard.
Previously: 15

13. Johnathan Jenkins DT 6-4⅛ 363
Analysis: A massive two-gap nose tackle with a good combination of size, strength and short-area quickness to control the inside and occasionally contribute as a pass-rusher. Jenkins' range is limited, though.
Previously: 18

14. Matt Barkley QB 6-1⅞ 228
Analysis: Barkley has not been as consistent as expected with his decision-making in 2012, and he does not have elite size or physical tools. However, there is no denying his smarts and accuracy, he is excellent against the blitz, and his ability to throw in rhythm would fit well in a West Coast offense.
Previously: 12

15. Luke Joeckel* OT 6-5¾ 306
Analysis: Joeckel showed well against LSU's talented defensive line earlier in the season. His balance and ability to recover in pass protection stand out, and he takes good angles and is able to get to the second level in the run game.
Previously: 13

16. Alec Ogletree* ILB 6-3 237
Analysis: Ogletree made a splash when he returned from suspension and recorded 14 tackles against Tennessee. His instincts are raw, but Ogletree is a freakish athlete who can chase plays from sideline to sideline; he shows good potential as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 14

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
17. Corey Lemonier* DE 6-4 242
Analysis: Lemonier is far and away the best player on the Auburn defense; opposing offenses pay him extra attention, but he continues to produce. His first step is explosive and he shows an impressive closing burst. He also holds up well against the run and plays with a relentless motor.
Previously: 17

18. Cornellius Carradine DE 6-4½ 255
Analysis: Carradine has stepped in for the injured Brandon Jenkins and turned plenty of heads. Carradine displays explosive upper-body power when rushing the passer, along with the flexibility to bend the edge. He's tough with a good motor, can lock out blockers against the run and can play left or right end in a 4-3 scheme.
Previously: 19

19. Sheldon Richardson DT 6-2⅞ 290
Analysis: Richardson is Missouri's best defensive player and continues to show effort as his team struggles overall. He can penetrate with a quick first step and has excellent straight-line speed, good range and shows power as a bull-rusher.
Previously: 24

20. Sam Montgomery* DE 6-4 245
Analysis: Montgomery is not as athletic as Mingo, but his power as a pass-rusher stands out and he holds the point well against the run.
Previously: 21

21. Dallas Thomas OT 6-5⅛ 297
Analysis: Thomas needs to improve his overall awareness, but he fared well recently against early-round Alabama DT Jesse Williams, has the versatility to line up at tackle or guard, and the size and strength to be effective in tight quarters.
Previously: 16

22. Justin Hunter* WR 6-4 205
Analysis: Hunter's smooth routes and body control on tape earned him a top-10 grade going into the season, but his production hasn't matched his potential and he has had some key drops. He remains the top receiver on the board, though, thanks to his size and overall physical tools.
Previously: 20

23. Kenny Vaccaro S 6-0½ 210
Analysis: Vaccaro has rare movement skills for a safety, showing balance and explosiveness, and the ability to flip his hips and run with receivers. He also has good instincts and solid ball skills in coverage. Previously: 23

24. Kawann Short DT 6-3⅛ 325
Analysis: Short is playing with more consistency, effort and explosiveness in 2012, disrupting offenses from the interior and giving himself a chance to be in the first-round mix.
Previously: 26

25. Dion Jordan DE 6-6⅛ 239
Analysis: Jordan is long and athletic, and he has explosive upper-body power despite his lean frame. He can rush the passer from a two- or three-point stance, holds up in space and has the versatility to play multiple roles along the front seven.
Previously: 30

26. Robert Woods* WR 6-1 190
Analysis: Woods lacks elite size, but is willing to work the middle of the field, and is an effective and decisive runner after the catch. A sudden athlete who explodes off the line, Woods can eat up a defender's cushion and tracks the ball well down the field.
Previously: 22

27. Keenan Allen* WR 6-3 206
Analysis: Allen has a good combination of size and speed, and excellent hands and body control. He lacks the elite speed to run by defenders at the next level, but his size and strength allow him to win one-on-one battles down the field.
Previously: 25

28. Bennie Logan* DT 6-3 290
Analysis: Logan is tough to block one-on-one in the run game, has great range and manhandles ball carriers. He's also an impressive natural athlete with good upside as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 27

29. Shariff Floyd* DT 6-3 298
Analysis: Floyd doesn't have ideal size for a defensive tackle, but he's versatile enough to line up at end and shows quick hands, good lateral mobility and the power to walk blockers back to the quarterback.
Previously: 29

30. Shawn Williams S 6-0 219
Analysis: Williams reads his keys and diagnoses plays quickly, and he understands leverage and angles in coverage. He also has the size and aggressiveness to be a force in run support.
Previously: 31

31. Taylor Lewan* OT 6-7 302
Analysis: Lewan has good length and protects the edge well, and he flashes the ability to drive defenders off the ball as a run blocker. He's also a tenacious player who gets under the skin of defenders.
Previously: NR

32. Johnthan Banks CB 6-2⅛ 185
Analysis: A tall corner with good length, Banks has quick feet and is at his best in press coverage. He also flashes good ball skills and some punt-return ability, and he is active and willing in run support.
Previously: NR

Out of the rankings: South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore and Alabama DT Jesse Williams

Todd McShay is the director of college scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been evaluating prospects for the NFL draft since 1998.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I wrong to have interest in Dion Jordan in our defense?

I'm a little intrigued too. But I don't think I'd draft him in the first round. Too many ?s with him. He doesn't jump out at you as a pass rusher when you watch him play. I like the fact that he is able to play in space, and has what it takes to cover TEs and backs (to some extent). He does not posses Aldon's motor when chasing QBs. Honestly, I like Michael Buchanan better. I have not seen many sites lately that have mocked Buchanan going in the first. He'd be someone to move up to draft in the early 2nd round IMO:

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL draft prospect rankings
Big Board sees Matt Barkley fall from top 5, plus several new names
Originally Published: October 31, 2012
By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN Insider

We came into the season interested in QBs, but Jarvis Jones has stolen the show.

Another week with a number of moves on the Big Board. The top 5 have been completely reshuffled, though Jarvis Jones remains at No. 1 overall. I also dropped Matt Barkley out of that top handful for the first time all season. He's still my top-rated QB in the class, but it's fair to say the class as a group has been pretty disappointing this year, even with Geno Smith's great season. After all, that wasn't totally unexpected.

As you read below, the scouting perspective will remain similar week to week, but I'll note performance and matchup highlights. Plus, here are my junior prospect rankings and my senior prospect rankings. Juniors and draft-eligible sophomores are noted with an asterisk.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1 Jarvis Jones *
POS: OLB Tkl 49 Sack 8.5 Int 1

America got to see what a healthy Jones looks like against Florida. In a word & yikes. This is an explosive, disciplined, relentless edge rusher who profiles as a 3-4 OLB. He has a quick first step and violent hands; he tackles well and closes fast. Solid against the run and can really cover.
LAST WEEK: 1 | PLAYER CARD

2 Manti Te'o
POS: LB Tkl 80 Sack 1.0 Int 5

As good of a season by an interior linebacker that I can remember. Really. The top interior linebacker in the 2013 draft class, his instincts are exceptional and he can attack the backfield. Te'o is a big, strong, prepared tackling presence in the middle of the field. Reads plays well and gets through traffic.
LAST WEEK: 4 | PLAYER CARD

3 Star Lotulelei
POS: DT Tkl 28 Sack 2.0 Int 0

Makes a clear impact every week, and he absorbs so much blocking help. He brings consistent, relentless effort. Demands double-teams and clogs the middle of the field. A great sense for disrupting the run game, with power to bull rush. Quick off the ball, with great upper-body strength. Coaches rave about him.
LAST WEEK: 3 | PLAYER CARD

4 Damontre Moore *
POS: DE Tkl 65 Sack 10.5 Int 0

Moore has been impossible to block so far, and it goes back to 2011. There's not a single recent game in which he has struggled. Versatile, Moore has adjusted well to playing as a defensive end in a 4-3 scheme. Excels as a pass-rusher, able to dip hips, turn the corner and use quickness and length to bother tackles.
LAST WEEK: 5 | PLAYER CARD

5 Luke Joeckel *
POS: OT GP 8 GS 8

Playing great when the competition is at NFL-level; the tape shines. Has a lot of experience -- he's started on the left since his freshman season. Joeckel is best in pass protection and won't get rattled by speed or secondary moves at this level. Not an elite athlete, but he's a good technician and can move better than most guys his size.
LAST WEEK: 6 | PLAYER CARD

6 Chance Warmack
POS: OG GP 8 GS 8

Effective against Mississippi State, where Alabama ran for 179 yards and controlled the line. A powerful run-blocker, Warmack isn't just massive. Warmack moves well, with initial power in tight spaces and the ability to seek out LBs on the second level. Total package at guard.
LAST WEEK: 9 | PLAYER CARD

7 Matt Barkley
POS: QB Comp 171 Att 262 Pct 65.3 Yds 2,266 TD 25 Int 8

The numbers look good, but scouts will be concerned with competition. Better competition has hurt Barkley this season. He has limitations with physical skills, but he's very good across the board: ball placement, timing, use of his eyes, poise, leadership skills and experience. Great leader.
LAST WEEK: 2 | PLAYER CARD

8 Johnathan Hankins *
POS: DT Tkl 46 Sack 1.0 Int 0

Great energy against Penn State, and a solid year so far. Not much of a pass-rusher, but he's really hard to move and also moves well down the line. Has size you'd want out of a 3-4 NT prospect, but he also shows good quickness. Size allows him to drive blockers into the backfield, then he shows impressive agility.
LAST WEEK: 11 | PLAYER CARD

9 Dee Milliner *
POS: CB Tkl 26 Sack 0.5 Int 2

Has passed every test so far in 2012. What first jumps out about Milliner is how physical he is; he's a willing hitter and tackler. He hits receivers and isn't shy in run support; but with that, he's fluid, reads the game well and can turn and run with top wideouts. Assembly line in the Bama secondary.
LAST WEEK: 12 | PLAYER CARD

10 Geno Smith
POS: QB Comp 216 Att 291 Pct 74.2 Yds 2,414 TD 26 Int 2

Making a push to be the No. 1 QB taken next spring. Smart, accurate and patient, Smith is a pocket passer who can move but keeps his eyes downfield, hits targets short and will read defenses and move defenders for deep balls. Has exceptional ball placement, able to hit receivers in stride.
LAST WEEK: 10 | PLAYER CARD

11 Barkevious Mingo *
POS: DE Tkl 23 Sack 3.0 Int 0

Mingo's drop isn't just a production issues, it's also technical. Leverage is an issue, and Mingo is just so gifted athletically he sometimes won't take on blocks. Mingo started playing football late, but the talent is significant. Uses length and a great first step to turn the corner. His pass-rush skills could be diversified. Still learning concepts but reads the game well despite lack of experience.
LAST WEEK: 7 | PLAYER CARD

12 Sam Montgomery *
POS: DE Tkl 23 Sack 4.0 Int 0

Montgomery added size before the season and is still ironing out some kinks; he's also now a fit in almost any system, given his range of skills. Athleticism and pass-rush skills are there, and he really holds up against the run. Max-effort player, natural athlete, instinctive rusher.
LAST WEEK: 8 | PLAYER CARD

13 Taylor Lewan *
POS: OT GP 8 GS 8

You can see the growth; after a rough start, Lewan has been great and rebounded really well. Elite athleticism for the position; has great length and the ability to really move. Could get more credit for his power as a run-blocker; his long frame probably gets him typecast as a pass-blocker first.
LAST WEEK: 15 | PLAYER CARD