• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's surrounded by tremendous talent, but AJ McCarron would be a really intriguing late round developmental type QB. I also liked Greg McElroy as that type of QB as well, but I like McCarron even better. He's never gonna be that high of a pick just because he's not the focal point of his offense and his tools don't necessarily stick out, but he's a guy to keep on eye on going forward, IMO. He's still a junior and I really, really doubt he declares so this is more for 2014.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amari Cooper is a dangerous man in the open field. He's gonna be a nightmare for SEC defenses the next two years.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Washington State has talent!

Depending on Jeff Tuel's East/West shrine practices, if/when he's invited, I'd probably still would take him with a 3rd.

Daniel Simmons #24 CB, I'd probably would take as a 2nd rounder.

And they have a true freshman, Teondray Caldwell, who's a shifty back with some speed.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that depends on how you view Warmack. Personally he's one of my favorite, if not my favorite, OG prospects since I've been following the draft. I like him a little bit better than I did DeCastro last year, and I loved DeCastro.

I'd put him at OG and kick Boone out to RT and let Anthony Davis walk when he's a FA.

That's a trip. Davis is playing at a pro bowl level so far this season. I agree with you that Boone can start in this league, I just really like him as a swing tackle for depth.

I know all about the bpa theory but trading up in the 1st to improve an already good line is probably not the best plan. We have holes on the d line, safety, and te. It seems we need to be drafting the bpa between those positions, in the first round.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a trip. Davis is playing at a pro bowl level so far this season. I agree with you that Boone can start in this league, I just really like him as a swing tackle for depth.

I know all about the bpa theory but trading up in the 1st to improve an already good line is probably not the best plan. We have holes on the d line, safety, and te. It seems we need to be drafting the bpa between those positions, in the first round.

Well, we sure as hell won't trade up for a TE. And of course I'd rather trade up for a DL, I'm just not sure I like one that much yet.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we sure as hell won't trade up for a TE. And of course I'd rather trade up for a DL, I'm just not sure I like one that much yet.

You don't like Werner? I think he'd be a perfect backup to groom behind Cowboy.

To tell you the truth, I'd like to go with Tj Mcdonald, even on a trade up. I'd like for them to let him play special teams and backup Goldson for one season, then start him at fs and move Goldson to ss, letting Whintner walk.

I'm not a fan of Eric Reid at fs, I thik he's another Laron Landry, and I haven't seen Tony Jefferson play but I hear he's a good one too.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To tell you the truth, I'd like to go with Tj Mcdonald, even on a trade up. I'd like for them to let him play special teams and backup Goldson for one season, then start him at fs and move Goldson to ss, letting Whintner walk.

I'm not a fan of Eric Reid at fs, I thik he's another Laron Landry, and I haven't seen Tony Jefferson play but I hear he's a good one too.

I haven't formulated a strong opinion on Werner yet. Especially not as a 3-4 DE - and not enough to trade UP for him. I don't think he goes in the top half of the first round anyways.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nope, but I've watched Ohio St. once this year. We'll see. I do have him as my #2 DT right now, though.

My only concern is that you said he's a moron. I don't know anything about him off the field.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern is that you said he's a moron. I don't know anything about him off the field.

No I didn't. I wasn't talking about Hankins when I said that. I was talking about Richardson, who's my #1 DT right now.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't formulated a strong opinion on Werner yet. Especially not as a 3-4 DE - and not enough to trade UP for him. I don't think he goes in the top half of the first round anyways.

The guy is a beast. I remember last season I was watching an early Florida St. game to check out Jenkins and this cat kept making plays. I started to keep an eye on him since.

He would need to add weight to play that position though, I don't see it bing a problem.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So every time I see the VaGiants play, it makes me really want the Niners to draft another killer pass rusher. They have Osi, Tuck, JPP & Kiwi. It's a gluttony of pass rush talent. I know they run a 4-3, but I want another rush OLB. Aldon & Brooks makes one of the best starting OLB duos in the league IMO, but call me greedy.

Unless there's a QB the Niners love when they pick (or a #1 WR like Keenen Allen or Justin Hunter), I'm hoping for another pass rusher. I just don't know which one I want yet. Jones & the 2 cats (pun intended) from LSU will be long gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How 'bout Sean Porter? Anyone consider him a potantially great pass rusher in the NFL?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout Sean Porter? Anyone consider him a potantially great pass rusher in the NFL?

I personally like his teammate Damontre Moore better. Keep an eye out for him. He's a guy I'd love to nab in the 2nd if he's there.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

woodson is a free agent i believe. he's getting up there but he could finish his career as a fs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Whad'you guys think of Aaron Murray from Georia? I call him the Jekyll & Hyde QB. Looks great sometimes, looks terrible others.