• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe you're right; I might be thinking in 2010 terms, not in 2013 terms when top 10 picks made obscene money.

I really hope he comes out because I think he'd be a top 7 or so pick if he goes back. He'd be a guy for whom I'd love the Niners to trade up. He, Hankins, Allen, etc.

He's rated in the top 3 right now in 2012. If he waits to next year he would be the most stupidest kid in the planet. Sammy Watkins, Rashard Greene of FSU, Lee of USC, his own teammate Patterson, etc. will all come out and could all challenge him for that # 1 ranking. Watkins is by far a better receiver than he is. He'd be a fool if he waits for 2014.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He's rated in the top 3 right now in 2012. If he waits to next year he would be the most stupidest kid in the planet. Sammy Watkins, Rashard Greene of FSU, Lee of USC, his own teammate Patterson, etc. will all come out and could all challenge him for that # 1 ranking. Watkins is by far a better receiver than he is. He'd be a fool if he waits for 2014.

By whom? Do you mean top 3 in WRs or top 3 overall? I haven't seen anyone list him as even a first rounder yet. I'm assuming they don't want to because they're waiting to see how he does when he comes back from the ACL tear.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't know that, but i find that to be hilarious. I'm really glad they didn't get him to go along with their long list of top draft picks.

The Rams are loaded with high picks and I have been having nightmares of them drafting Jadeveon Clowney (packaging their picks to move up to acquire him). Then shortly after they end up drafting Sammy Watkins. Those two picks could instantly shift the balance of the NFC west. People are underestimating the Rams approach with this past draft in "trading" away "RGIII". Brockers, Jenkins, Quinn, Long, King of Sparta, and someone like Clowney would spell disaster for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By whom? Do you mean top 3 in WRs or top 3 overall? I haven't seen anyone list him as even a first rounder yet. I'm assuming they don't want to because they're waiting to see how he does when he comes back from the ACL tear.

I was vague with my comment. He's in the top 3. I worded it wrong. I was trying to say depending on who you speak with or which credible website you research, you will see him listed from anywhere between the # 1 rated WR to the # 3 rated WR. Believe it or not some scouts like Woods better. Others like Allen Better. As for me, I would select Patterson ahead of them all. He's not even considered to be a 1st round pick yet, but that will change in due time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You mean in 2014 right? Clowney & Watkins aren't eligible 'til then.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You mean in 2014 right? Clowney & Watkins aren't eligible 'til then.

I know. I was responding to the point you were making about Hunter claiming that it would be a better option for him to come out in 2014. I was basically saying that in 2014 he is guaranteed not to be the # 1 rated WR in that year's draft class.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right; I might be thinking in 2010 terms, not in 2013 terms when top 10 picks made obscene money.

I really hope he comes out because I think he'd be a top 7 or so pick if he goes back. He'd be a guy for whom I'd love the Niners to trade up. He, Hankins, Allen, etc.

I think this class seems to be deep at positions we're already deep at - namely WR and RB. Is looks like a good S class, though - so we might get good value there in the second round.

As for trading up, the prospects are far and in between that I would trade up for. I don't see a can't miss 3-4 DE that we NEED to trade up for if he dropped at this point.

Some guys I would think about trading up for though if they fell far enough are Jarvis Jones, Kiki Mingo, and maybe Chance Warmack. Other guys I'm really high on like Jordan Poyer, Aaron Dobson, and Tavon Austin a lot of people seem to be overlooking for I'm not sure I'd trade up for them at this point.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this class seems to be deep at positions we're already deep at - namely WR and RB. Is looks like a good S class, though - so we might get good value there in the second round.

As for trading up, the prospects are far and in between that I would trade up for. I don't see a can't miss 3-4 DE that we NEED to trade up for if he dropped at this point.

Some guys I would think about trading up for though if they fell far enough are Jarvis Jones, Kiki Mingo, and maybe Chance Warmack. Other guys I'm really high on like Jordan Poyer, Aaron Dobson, and Tavon Austin a lot of people seem to be overlooking for I'm not sure I'd trade up for them at this point.

I'm glad to see somebody else agrees with me on finding a 3-4 DE. I'm not very high on anyone in particular at that point either unfortunately. All though I haven't done near the amount of research as most of you have done on this years draft class.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin is an electrifying receiver. If we part ways with Kyle Williams, Manningham, and Moss, I wouldn't mind taking a hard look at him in the 2nd round. He reminds me a lot of Kendall Wright. Even a little better than Kendall.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tavon Austin is an electrifying receiver. If we part ways with Kyle Williams, Manningham, and Moss, I wouldn't mind taking a hard look at him in the 2nd round. He reminds me a lot of Kendall Wright. Even a little better than Kendall.

Even so, we still have A.J Jenkins and LaMichael James.
---
Haven't had a good look at Austin, but he kind of reminds me of Dexter McCluster.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even so, we still have A.J Jenkins and LaMichael James.
---
Haven't had a good look at Austin, but he kind of reminds me of Dexter McCluster.

Very good comparison, 1z! but he's a better overall receiver than Dexter, but Dexter is a better RB option. Tevon has the potential to develop to be a Steve Smith (panthers) type like WR. Definitely not as strong as Steve but in the way in which they run routes and battle for the ball in mid flight. We may need to reload on the WR position next year, LaMichael doesn't qualify to play WR for us.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where would you play Warmack? Boone has loked pretty good at rg so far.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Geno Smith is playing lights out football. I mean the #s he's putting up this afternoon is like as if he's playing a Madden game in rookie level.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dane Brugler:

Just texted a scout buddy about #WestVirginia QB Geno Smith today, his response: "Gms like this good for him bc it grabs attention, but...

My GM and SD prby won't bother w tape of this gm, want to see him vs tougher Ds" - something to keep in mind #NFLDraft

SD = Scouting Director. (Joel Patten in 49ers terms).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Where would you play Warmack? Boone has loked pretty good at rg so far.

At this point, I'd move him to C if the Niners drafted him. He'd just be too talented not to start, and I never liked Goodwin. And Boone is probably too tall to play C. Chance is 6'3.

There'd be a big learning curve, but he'd eventually be a great C IMO.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very good comparison, 1z! but he's a better overall receiver than Dexter, but Dexter is a better RB option. Tevon has the potential to develop to be a Steve Smith (panthers) type like WR. Definitely not as strong as Steve but in the way in which they run routes and battle for the ball in mid flight. We may need to reload on the WR position next year, LaMichael doesn't qualify to play WR for us.

Don't see him being a Steve Smith. No one's throwing Austin jump balls or asking him to out muscle players in the NFL. Write this down: Tavon Austin does not have great top-speed. He'll probably run in the high 4.4s - low 4.5s. At most I see him being is a return man in the NFL and a decent slot receiver.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dane Brugler:

Just texted a scout buddy about #WestVirginia QB Geno Smith today, his response: "Gms like this good for him bc it grabs attention, but...

My GM and SD prby won't bother w tape of this gm, want to see him vs tougher Ds" - something to keep in mind #NFLDraft

SD = Scouting Director. (Joel Patten in 49ers terms).

That's very true. He hasn't faced a quality defense as of yet all year. But still it's a pretty darn good performance.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't see him being a Steve Smith. No one's throwing Austin jump balls or asking him to out muscle players in the NFL. Write this down: Tavon Austin does not have great top-speed. He'll probably run in the high 4.4s - low 4.5s. At most I see him being is a return man in the NFL and a decent slot receiver.

He ran a 4.3/40 as a true freshman. Unless he got slower than I don't know how he will be running in the 4.5s. He can run 4.4 with his eyes close.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tyler Bray's gonna have his work cut out for him facing Georgia against withthat D with Rambo & Ogletree back.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He ran a 4.3/40 as a true freshman. Unless he got slower than I don't know how he will be running in the 4.5s. He can run 4.4 with his eyes close.

But can he run that fast in Indy :-)? (slow track)