• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This stagnation has gone on long enough, time to start talking about the 2013 draft...

The top three priority positions for the Niners in the draft are CB, C, and S
- First time since I've been following the draft that I don't have QB in the top three. (But a bad showing against the Jets may sway my opinion)

I'll do a seven round projection after I find how many draft picks the 49ers have this year

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm gonna really keep a close eye on LBs and smaller DEs in hopes of finding an eventual replacement for Bowman (if he leaves).

Like Clyde mentioned, Cornelius Washington for the Bulldogs has insane athletic ability. He never turned into an elite pass rusher, so maybe he'd excel on the inside at the pro' level. He could use that speed to cover & blitz, and he's big enough that he shouldn't have any trouble holding up at the point of attack. The biggest question would be can he develop the instincts on an ILB?

Some people are high on Chase Thomas from Stanford, especially after his performance against USC. I'm not as high on him as most.

Sean Porter is interesting, but he should probably go pretty high.

Brandon Jenkins' stock has dropped like a rock. I didn't love him as an OLB, but maybe he could shed a few pounds & try ILB? Probably not, but who knows?

I'd mention Kennny Stills, but he's probably a little small for ILB. And I'm a much bigger fan of players shedding weight than trying to add weight.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This stagnation has gone on long enough, time to start talking about the 2013 draft...

- First time since I've been following the draft that I don't have QB in the top three. (But a bad showing against the Jets may sway my opinion)

I'll do a seven round projection after I find how many draft picks the 49ers have this year

I'd put de and te before cb. I like Rodgers, Brown, Culliver and Cox.

We're going to need a player to start rotating Cowboy soon, as well as Walker being a fa tha doesn't need to be re-signed.

I'm really on the Zach Ertz #86 wagon.

Stanford Football - Tight End "U" - YouTube

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Barkley apparently threw a pick in the red zone. More bad news for Barkley fans.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My man-crush Keenan Allen picks up a 1st on 4th down. Broke a tackle.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've always been in the "if you don't have a franchise QB, you're still looking for QB" crowd. I won't want to force anything, but if Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith somehow drop to the 49ers, I'd be very, very tempted to pull the trigger. That said, I doubt either drop that far, and if they do, I doubt Baalke would make the pick.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of really good games this after noon. Auburn-LSU and Clemson-Florida St.

I really, really wanna see Andre Ellington and Sammy Watkins against Florida St.'s defense this year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd put de and te before cb.

I'd probably agree. I wanted a TE from the nice TE class of last year (Allen).

I actually might like Tyler Eifert from Notre Dame more than I liked Coby Fleener last year. LOVE his hands & ability to go up for / locate the football. Don't know how high he'll go; probably no later than the mid 2nd.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna really keep a close eye on LBs and smaller DEs in hopes of finding an eventual replacement for Bowman (if he leaves).

Like Clyde mentioned, Cornelius Washington for the Bulldogs has insane athletic ability. He never turned into an elite pass rusher, so maybe he'd excel on the inside at the pro' level. He could use that speed to cover & blitz, and he's big enough that he shouldn't have any trouble holding up at the point of attack. The biggest question would be can he develop the instincts on an ILB?

Some people are high on Chase Thomas from Stanford, especially after his performance against USC. I'm not as high on him as most.

Sean Porter is interesting, but he should probably go pretty high.

Brandon Jenkins' stock has dropped like a rock. I didn't love him as an OLB, but maybe he could shed a few pounds & try ILB? Probably not, but who knows?

I'd mention Kennny Stills, but he's probably a little small for ILB. And I'm a much bigger fan of players shedding weight than trying to add weight.

I like Alec Ogletree better in that role, if we're talking Georgia LBs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I like Alec Ogletree better in that role, if we're talking Georgia LBs.

You're probably right about that. The question is, which one gets drafted first? The combine could push Washington really high, but Ogletree is a good one.

...Looks like Barkley threw another pick. His TD pass to Lee was one wherein he threw between 2 defenders to Lee with a 3rd defender eright behind him. I've been saying for years he has a problem throwing into coverage; his WRs are so good they bail him out.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right about that. The question is, which one gets drafted first? The combine could push Washington really high, but Ogletree is a good one.

...Looks like Barkley threw another pick. His TD pass to Lee was one wherein he threw between 2 defenders to Lee with a 3rd defender eright behind him. I've been saying for years he has a problem throwing into coverage; his WRs are so good they bail him out.

Combine can push him up all he wants, Ogletree is the better player/prospect. That Georgia LB core is going to be ridiculous when he returns from suspension if Ogletree plays this year like he did last year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although he's a douche bag, it's absolutely amazing what Cam Newton was able to do at Auburn his one year there. They haven't even come close to the team they had in 2010 when has QB. It's a testament to just how much of a force this guy was in college.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson/Florida St. about to start. Should be a good game.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LaMarcus Joyner, the best Safety prospect in this class IMO, with a nice return to start.

But it looks like it's coming back.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sack for Jarvis Jones. Dude is scary good. Too bad he won't be a 49er. :(

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much speed on this Clemson offense it's ridiculous.

And there's Ellington for a TD. Absolutely love him.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Big ole' John Jenkins with a pass rush up the middle to force a throw-away. Man there's a ton of talent on that Bulldog D.