• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 NFL Draft class (NFL SACK LEADERS)

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue on who's better but aldon only needs 7.5 Sacks to tie the sack record. 6 games to get it with cards and rams still on schedule. Also just read that Jake long has been struggling and we have dolphins left too.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue on who's better but aldon only needs 7.5 Sacks to tie the sack record. 6 games to get it with cards and rams still on schedule. Also just read that Jake long has been struggling and we have dolphins left too.

No way dude, stop using bias things like stats. JJ is the much better theoretical player.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this even mean?

It means I'll take the guy who is actually setting records for us, vs what JJ Watt could or couldn't do as a 9er.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny how nobody has mentioned that Watt is having the best 3-4 DE run-stopping season in recent memory. He is the best player at his position against the pass and the run. Can anybody else say that?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means I'll take the guy who is actually setting records for us, vs what JJ Watt could or couldn't do as a 9er.

Fair enough, but looking at what Watt is doing as a Texan is damn impressive. 2nd in the league with 14.5 sacks from a 3-4 DE PLUS the other ways he disrupts an offense! Come on, that is special.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Watt is breaking records, too.

Exactly. The guy is a monster. Last year during our memorable season...Justin Smith was dominating. I remember after the playoffs game against the Saints when he was unstoppable, I even said I would take Watt over Justin. I knew Watt would only get better. After that playoff game when he took that INT for a TD, I was convinced that the kid was a rare specimen at that position. That game alone was what led me to believe that he would be better than Justin.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sacks + Passes Deflected in a Season has already been mentioned as one.

If you want to go position specific, there are a ton.

The sack + deflection isn't a stat first of all (its a couple of stats, neither of which he's close to breaking), and its a weak attempt to find something very narrow and prop JJ up with. Give me the rest of your "ton". Don't worry I'll wait..

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The sack + deflection isn't a stat first of all (its a couple of stats, neither of which he's close to breaking), and its a weak attempt to find something very narrow and prop JJ up with. Give me the rest of your "ton". Don't worry I'll wait..

Well you're waiting, why don't you provide that list of records after 26 games? TD passes, TD runs, yards rushing, yards passing, INTs, INTs thrown and so on?

Also, I'm fairly certain that JJ Watt broke the record for passes defensed by a DL in a season ALREADY this season.

But you go ahead and dismiss that since as you said, Watt is just an average, great player.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watt is THE best defensive player in the league today. Just stop.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No way dude, stop using bias things like stats. JJ is the much better theoretical player.

Let's re-visit this. How do "bias things like stats" shape up at the end of the season?

Go ahead and make your Aldon Smith over JJ Watt case.

Also josh, it's been 6 weeks. You should have had time to address the following records after 26 games:
TD passes, TD runs, yards rushing, yards passing, INTs, INTs thrown and so on?

Last edited by a moderator: