• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alex Smith was awarded NFC Offensive Player of the week for the first time in his career.

:yield:

Well kudo's to Alex...

(he should share it with Crabs) ;)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Moss's play had nothing to do with Smith giving him a chance for YAC, that was all Moss. There was also that big gain to crabs that was only possible because crabs broke the first tackle, again that wasn't Smith's ball placement that made it possible.

I give all the credit for Moss and Crabs making those plays but if those guys had to dive for it, jump for it, or do anything besides just catch it clean then the likely won't be able to break a tackle and score which was the point I was trying to make.

In the past we saw Smith throw behind WR or above them and put the ball in places that gave them no shot to make a play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I give all the credit for Moss and Crabs making those plays but if those guys had to dive for it, jump for it, or do anything besides just catch it clean then the likely won't be able to break a tackle and score which was the point I was trying to make.

In the past we saw Smith throw behind WR or above them and put the ball in places that gave them no shot to make a play.

agreed.

overall he still isn't as accurate as we'd like, still doesn't throw with timing as much we'd like, but Monday's game was much much better. at this point, i'm hoping for consistency as opposed to better passing performances. believe i'll be far less frustrated taking this approach?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers fans' clamor for Kaepernick unfounded, expected

by Ray Ratto on getting Kap in the line-up.

don't agree with "it’s so preposterously wrong.", but do agree with what he's saying. agree with him looking at the now, not to next season and beyond.

I wanted to see Kaepernick take over with 7 minutes left in the game because the game was over, and the team just suffered through two horrible performances by Smith which might have been caused by an injury to his finger when the Bills game was over. So, I wanted to protect Smith from a team that says they hate the 49ers. Hate is pretty strong, so I'm pretty sure Campbell and Dockett would have loved to take out Smith at the end of that game if the opportunity presented itself.

Second, a 24-3 blowout is a prime opportunity to gain some gametime experience for a 2nd year QB. Especially since his main job would have been to pick up 3rd downs on passing plays after he handed it off twice... that type of experience is great for a young QB.

Lastly, I just want to see Kaep play. He's supposed to be the future QB, so, I want to see what he's got.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wanted to see Kaepernick take over with 7 minutes left in the game because the game was over, and the team just suffered through two horrible performances by Smith which might have been caused by an injury to his finger when the Bills game was over. So, I wanted to protect Smith from a team that says they hate the 49ers. Hate is pretty strong, so I'm pretty sure Campbell and Dockett would have loved to take out Smith at the end of that game if the opportunity presented itself.

Second, a 24-3 blowout is a prime opportunity to gain some gametime experience for a 2nd year QB. Especially since his main job would have been to pick up 3rd downs on passing plays after he handed it off twice... that type of experience is great for a young QB.

Lastly, I just want to see Kaep play. He's supposed to be the future QB, so, I want to see what he's got.

yes, good example of when Kap should not only gain live action, but be able to throw.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with the first two paragraphs and I am not really arguing with your last paragraph because when you're drafted in the second round, after already having Smith in your plans, that makes sense.

I may be the lone holdout in thinking Smith may be there instead of Kaepernick after this year - from there he may hold off Kaep. I understand "supposed to be" isn't a guarantee, but whoever fits with us and is in the coach's mind the best chance to win, is supposed to be the future QB. I do think Kaepernick should have been in there for experience and evaluation for if he's the guy. The evaluation part is key and more important than the experience part for me because to me it isn't a foregone conclusion. To others, it is.

I know I'm in the minority, biased, but that's my feeling. As he is now, not positive, but if we win in this style and then Smith is clutch in the playoffs for a SB victory, then I think he plays 2013. The ball is in his court, but it's a steep hill to climb with higher expectations and a maturing Kaepernick behind him.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with the first two paragraphs and I am not really arguing with your last paragraph because when you're drafted in the second round, after already having Smith in your plans, that makes sense.

I may be the lone holdout in thinking Smith may be there instead of Kaepernick after this year - from there he may hold off Kaep. I understand "supposed to be" isn't a guarantee, but whoever fits with us and is in the coach's mind the best chance to win, is supposed to be the future QB. I do think Kaepernick should have been in there for experience and evaluation for if he's the guy. The evaluation part is key and more important than the experience part for me because to me it isn't a foregone conclusion. To others, it is.

I know I'm in the minority, biased, but that's my feeling. As he is now, not positive, but if we win in this style and then he is clutch in the playoffs for a SB, then I think he plays 2013.

Kap is no sure thing to unseat Alex Smith, there is a lot more to evaluate than the ability to run, and a strong arm. really knowing the offense, reading defenses, and making adjustments accordingly are huge. this is running the offense, not just calling the exact play thats relayed.

the more information coaches can gather, the better decision they can make. so IF there is opportunity for Kap, let him play. cause nothing like live action to provide the best data.

for all we know, Kap may not even remain a 49er past his rookie contract?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know I'm in the minority, biased, but that's my feeling. As he is now, not positive, but if we win in this style and then Smith is clutch in the playoffs for a SB victory, then I think he plays 2013. The ball is in his court, but it's a steep hill to climb with higher expectations and a maturing Kaepernick behind him.

With that last part, I just meant that Kaep was drafted to push for the starting job... so it'd be great to see what he can do in regular season action in mop up duty. Plus, for a guy who was supposed to be a "project", getting him out there in those situations is exactly how you build up a "project".

My primary thing was just to protect Smith and keep him healthy though. He apparently isn't worth a damn if he gets banged up... so why risk him if the game is already decided.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if smith continues to improve i'm fine with him being our qb. i'm really hoping kap can improve enough to take over the job and not just have it handed to him.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if smith continues to improve i'm fine with him being our qb. i'm really hoping kap can improve enough to take over the job and not just have it handed to him.

Smith's broken finger is a blessing - I hope it never heals. Anytime our QB can throw nearly 80% of his passes for an average of 2.3 YPA and have our receivers add 62% of his credited yards after the catch then we are on to something! Whoot!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith's broken finger is a blessing - I hope it never heals. Anytime our QB can throw nearly 80% of his passes for an average of 2.3 YPA and have our receivers add 62% of his credited yards after the catch then we are on to something! Whoot!

Run! Quick, before the :lm: comes!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run! Quick, before the :lm: comes!

Bring 'em!! By the time I'm done with 'em you may have to ban me! I mean, congratulations and all on the one-five-seven but for fuck sake can we keep this shit in perspective???

Seriously, 15 of Smith's 19 passes traveled less than 7 yards from the LOS and averaged 2.3 YPA. All 19 pass attempts averaged only 4.9 YPA - THAT IS LESS THAN OUR RUSHING ATTEMPT AVERAGE!!!!!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring 'em!! By the time I'm done with 'em you may have to ban me! I mean, congratulations and all on the one-five-seven but for fuck sake can we keep this shit in perspective???

Seriously, 15 of Smith's 19 passes traveled less than 7 yards from the LOS and averaged 2.3 YPA. All 19 pass attempts averaged only 4.9 YPA - THAT IS LESS THAN OUR RUSHING ATTEMPT AVERAGE!!!!!

But you can't put things in perspective when it comes to Alex Smith on this board, Bem. That's not allowed.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some more evil perspective - last night's performance, while fun to watch and attractive on a stat sheet is not sustainable, which means we are still looking for an offense we can count on week in and week out.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was given 3 days off from practice to heal it...

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was given 3 days off from practice to heal it...

No HE wasn't - The entire team was given three day's off and had a light practice on Monday. Thus, to suggest "Smith was given 3 days off from practice to heal it" is a lie.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No HE wasn't - The entire team was given three day's off and had a light practice on Monday. Thus, to suggest "Smith was given 3 days off from practice to heal it" is a lie.

lol