• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And que Space, Viper, or whoever else from that circle jerk with the OMGZ YOU'RE A HATER posts.

Nah, that post is too laughable to even bother with. A while back he couldn't play in the league, now we're complaining about "an underwhelming 157"

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers sent nothing deep in this game at all, with everything being targeted within 19 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Despite the fact that the Cardinals were cheating up their safeties.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, that post is too laughable to even bother with. A while back he couldn't play in the league, now we're complaining about "an underwhelming 157"

Coming from the guy who JUST admitted that Alex wasn't even the MVP last night. So the 157 wasn't watered down, but he also wasn't the MVP?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, don't even bother answering that. I know where this thread is heading and I'm taking myself out of it now.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Add Moss' 39 yards, and that's 101 yards of Alex's 232 from just TWO players that were YACs.

As I read someone else say, they basically invented the term "YAC" for the Niners' offense under Walsh. Their signature play was an 8-yard slant taken to the house by brilliant WRs.

Now this offense does it and it means the QB is lucky or something.

Clyde, the whole point is that you point at the negative, every time. You can't quit even after a good game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I feel people bring a water pail to put out a match, just like people make a mountain out a molehill when some things go wrong, and of course, some will praise Smith as if he's better than he is. I won't say that I'm not biased, so I do take things differently than a true objective person, but it seems like some people have consistently put everything that he does well in "perspective" (after the Saints game, I heard "look at who it was against!" multiple times) but bad things are extrapolated to the 2012 NFCC as reasons while we'll lose. Sometimes agressively trying to put things in prespective by killing it, appears more than just objectivity. Over time, things will naturally be put in perspective, I feel no need to put it right now into it's little place. Smith isn't a great QB and his game last night was not the best, I just don't get the need to go after it. Just take it as a positive and look foward to after the bye. I'm not talking about any one poster, just in general.

Last edited by a moderator:

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sometimes I feel people bring a water pail to put out a match, just like people make a mountain out a molehill when some things go wrong, and of course, some will praise Smith as if he's better than he is. I won't say that I'm not biased, so I do take things differently than a true objective person, but it seems like some people have consistently put everything that he does well in "perspective" (after the Saints game, I heard "look at who it was against!" multiple times) but bad things are extrapolated to the 2012 NFCC as reasons while we'll lose. Sometimes agressively trying to put things in prespective by killing it, appears more than just objectivity. Over time, things will naturally be put in perspective, I feel no need to put it right now into it's little place. Smith isn't a great QB and his game last night was not the best, I just don't get the need to go after it. Just take it as a positive and look foward to after the bye. I'm not talking about any one poster, just in general.

What do you expect.. There are people here that will make generalized statements and then when proving wrong they would either qualify their statements like .. oh it was only against team so and so.. Or would not even mention it for a long time in the hopes of people forgetting what they wrote so that they would not have to admit they were wrong.. Here are some direct quotes...

"... Alex Smith doesn't know how to change play at the LOS, can't alter blocking scheme..."

"... Alex Smith sucks. No analysis needed. Put him on any team and they don't make the playoffs..."

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Statistically Alex Smith had a pretty good game last night. But for those that watched the game how would you veiw his performance? What I watched was a guy who should've thrown away a few balls, a tipped pass that could have very well been intercepted, and several passes of 10 yards or less with his wr's making plays after the catch. He very rarely pressed anything down the field, and was content to do be the game manager...

The only reason I bring it up, is because the media is all over this. Praising Smith for his stellar performance. I'm not bashing Smith, I just didn't see the performance that the media is touting about. I think he managed a great game, but was it worthy of the praise he is getting?

Completely agree. He played a good game, nothing really special. I'm kind of amazed the hype its getting. Its like no one actually watched the game and just looked at the stats.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he had an exceptional game. Why? Accuracy/Ball placement. It was surgical throughout the game. Normally he is sporadic at best. I wish for it to continue.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

A while back? It was a few days ago.

"Alex would not have been allowed 8 years to prove he belongs as a starter in this league (which he has yet to do)"

"Just not enough to be a consistent starter in this league.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about that, dumbfuck."

I make a reasonable post
"A guy with an 80 QB rating over his last 2000 passes, 88 last 1000, isn't a starter in the NFL?

And I'm the dummy?

You aren't wrong cause you are dumb. Just a cocksure arrogant dude."

And I get back... "Lol, you're fucking lost. Go away kid. "

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills are one the worst Defenses in the league. You could say we blew them out because they were just that bad.

The Cards though have been one of the best Defenses in the league. They have shut down and pretty much beat some really good teams this year off nothing but their D and Special Teams. This is a game you can say our Offense just dominated a good Defense, or have people forgot what the Cards did to Tom Brady on the road already?

28/46 for 316 yards with 1 TD and 1 Int. That's what Brady did at home against the Cards D in a loss. The Cards also had only allowed 2 teams to score over 20 points on them once all year. That was a 24-21 OT win against the Dolphins, and 21-14 loss to the Vikings.

Our offense clicked in every phase of the game accept for some early penalties, and we dominated a Defense that no one else had all season.

How can you not appreciate and praise Alex for what he did? He was on target all night with his throws and put the ball in spots that gave his receivers the chance to make plays. The only play Alex was really gifted was the Randy Moss TD, and maybe the Crabtree 22 yard play. The Crabtree catch though was just a good read by both players. Crabtree caught that ball wide open in the middle of the field with plenty of room to make the play he did.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans want Super Bowls. He will be put under the microscope until he wins a SB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not looking for negatives... I said he had a good game, I just don't see it as what the media is making it out to be...

you're asking....suggesting....he shouldn't be as lauded in the media, thus asking for negatives. cause how else will anyone agree it is overblown without citing negatives?

the media can laud any player for a good game, but 49er fans don't know how to act when its Alex Smith. he didn't turn it over, passed for three TD's, and completed more passes than typical, but unless he adds over 350 yards passing to his stat line........unless he completed passes over 30 yards in the air.........

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
you're asking....suggesting....he shouldn't be as lauded in the media, thus asking for negatives. cause how else will anyone agree it is overblown without citing negatives?

the media can laud any player for a good game, but 49er fans don't know how to act when its Alex Smith. he didn't turn it over, passed for three TD's, and completed more passes than typical, but unless he adds over 350 yards passing to his stat line........unless he completed passes over 30 yards in the air.........

The problem isn't the stats but we just know that kind of performance isn't going to work or happen in the playoffs.

What we need to see from Alex is being surgical and raising his level of play when things aren't going to script and lead the team from being down. So far the two times things haven't gone to script have both been losses.

I don't think you should take anything away from him concerning last night's game but it's also not a performance that inspires confidence that we'll be the Giants in the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem isn't the stats but we just know that kind of performance isn't going to work or happen in the playoffs.

What we need to see from Alex is being surgical and raising his level of play when things aren't going to script and lead the team from being down. So far the two times things haven't gone to script have both been losses.

I don't think you should take anything away from him concerning last night's game but it's also not a performance that inspires confidence that we'll be the Giants in the playoffs.

yes i know. but if you keep expecting wine out of an apple............

we should all know he is "max'ed out" and what he did last night was back to his best play. but since we can't get an elite QB right now, i'll take his best play and the win. if you continue to have high expectations, you'll continue to be VERY frustrated.

the previous games prove he can be a lot worse, so take his good play and be happy we won. agree it wasn't an All Pro performance and that play won't allow him to carry the team. that said, how much more downfield passes do you expect?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently 2 of the plays from last night are under review. The 49ers are hoping the league will change the ruling on a 4th quarter run by Crabtree into a 4th quarter pass. They are also questioning the Pass Interference call on the Manningham catch in the 1st quarter. The 49ers I guess are saying they did not accept the penalty since the ball was caught, but it went into the books that they did accept it. If the league does alter the books on either play then Alex would have 20 attempts and the record for Completion percentage. It would also bump him up to a perfect QB Rating I believe.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Here's my take.

1) Alex had a great game.
2) He had a lucky game. There were a BUNCH of missed tackles, and a Cardinals' defender took out another potential tackler on Moss's big gain. His tipped pass landed directly in Walker's hands, and Peterson fell down on one of Crabby's scores.
3) I'm cautiously optimistic Alex's velocity has been effected by his sprained finger the last 2 weeks and it might be getting a little better.
4) I'm interested in how the NIners play against GOOD teams. I don't get too excited about when the Niners beat up on crappy teams like the Cardials:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I remember people bashing Smith because he wasn't accurate enough to lead a guy so our WR never had YAC. Last night he was on the money so guys could get YAC, and that means because his guys got YAC that he had "watered" down stats. Smith is not going to be an "elite" passing QB with numbers. But as long as we are chalking up the wins, why hate? Why to take something he did that has never been done before and diminish it?