• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring 'em!! By the time I'm done with 'em you may have to ban me! I mean, congratulations and all on the one-five-seven but for fuck sake can we keep this shit in perspective???

Seriously, 15 of Smith's 19 passes traveled less than 7 yards from the LOS and averaged 2.3 YPA. All 19 pass attempts averaged only 4.9 YPA - THAT IS LESS THAN OUR RUSHING ATTEMPT AVERAGE!!!!!

I don't know what's gotten into you lately Mr. Crazypants, but you should really think about taking a step back and looking at the situation from another point of view.

The 49ers won, Smith had a good game and thanks to the WRs he had a great statistical game... and you're arguing that Smith didn't do anything spectacular and how dare anyone say he had a great game. I don't believe it is your intent, but you're kind of coming off as Cazic like... and I know that is really insulting to compare you to Cazic, but I don't mean it to be. And I sure ain't trying to come off as high and mighty cause I lose my mind when fucking Packer assholes post here, haha... so I'm certainly not trying to lecture you either. But, relax, the 49ers won and who cares about who gets the credit in the media.

Anyway, I can't speak for the other people who want to see Alex do well... I enjoy games like this from him because it means the 49ers win. Plus, he's a 49er so I want to see him have success because it means the team is having success since completing passes is pretty crucial for team success.

Harping on how short the passes were... really? At least the passes weren't at the WRs feet (or in the dirt) where they barely had a chance to catch it and absolutely no chance to do anything with it if they caught it... as we've seen so many times before from Smith on previous occasions when teams challenged Alex to beat them by putting 8 guys in the box.

As to the overblown media hype?? Who cares what people say about Smith, like Spacedoodoo said, the QB always gets way too much credit and too much blame. It's the nature of the NFL. Bottom line, Smith did what he was asked to do and the 49ers won. He got the ball to his playmakers and it was one of those nights where they all made plays once he got it to them, that is Smith's job and thats what we want him to do... and he got it to those guys 18 of his 19 throws.

Just relax with this thing of, "oh god don't let anyone say Alex is better than he really is..." Don't worry, fan and media perception clearly have nothing to do with him starting, since most of the fans and media have written him off as a bust and now that he's doing OK they tentatively call him a "game-manager" these days... yet he still starts. He starts because the team and coaching staff love the guy.

Look, we as fans expect Joe Montana... and we're happy with Steve Young... but truth be told, the players don't give a fuck about what we want, they're glad that they have Alex Smith. "Camp Alex" won over the team, and those guys are behind him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are agressive on both sides of the issue and they feed the other with the impulse to come back with even stronger insistence on their side. I am referring mainly to other boards, because we have it pretty tame here. Why there even is a side against any of our players? I don't know, most who may be against any of our players won't own up to it, but instead say they are objective, wish the best for the team but are angry when they see we're not getting it, or the popular one, where some save their Niner fandom hidden in a 'start the backup' posts. Kaepernick is the closest to an exception, in my opinion, where the backup may indeed have promise. Others were lateral or backward moves (compared to 2011-12 Smith). But this is speaking to NinerNation and 49ers.com much more than here. There, of course, are objective people who do have legitimate reservations on Alex Smith.

When it gets to the point where it sounds like one thinks Smith doesn't do anything well or that they lost, then it sounds weird, even if that isn't the intention or belief, because you can do well and still not be good enough. It's the "do you have an agenda" question, where some on both sides, do. Not claiming anyone here as a hater, though. Save that for other boards as that is a strong word and we have a good board.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people are agressive on both sides of the issue and they feed the other with the impulse to come back with even stronger insistence on their side. I am referring mainly to other boards, because we have it pretty tame here. Why there even is a side against any of our players? I don't know, most who may be against any of our players won't own up to it, but instead say they are objective, wish the best for the team but are angry when they see we're not getting it, or the popular one, where some save their Niner fandom hidden in a 'start the backup' posts. Kaepernick is the closest to an exception, in my opinion, where the backup may indeed have promise. Others were lateral or backward moves (compared to 2011-12 Smith). But this is speaking to NinerNation and 49ers.com much more than here. There, of course, are objective people who do have legitimate reservations on Alex Smith.

When it gets to the point where it sounds like one thinks Smith doesn't do anything well or that they lost, then it sounds weird, even if that isn't the intention or belief, because you can do well and still not be good enough. It's the "do you have an agenda" question, where some on both sides, do. Not claiming anyone here as a hater, though. Save that for other boards as that is a strong word and we have a good board.

After Joe, anything less is unacceptable. Steve Young was the MVP of the league and our fans still said, whatever, he didn't win a Super Bowl.... so Steve Young can go fuck himself!!!

It's good to have the bar set that high, Eddie D set a standard and we all still demand that it gets met, and the QB has to bear the brunt of those expectations after Joe won 4. Thats good shit.

It just gets ridiculous when it gets to the point when a guy like Alex has a good statistical game and some fans are like, WHOA now, lets keep this in perspective... he's no Joe... I'll fight you tooth and nail that he's no Joe...

My response is... Relax bro, nobody is saying he is Joe because of a near perfect game against the Cardinals... they're just saying fuck yeah, Smith lived up to his legacy. He needs to be perfect to follow Joe and Steve... and fuck yeah he did it against a team that hates the 49ers.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious - Fi, you seem to be the only human on earth that doesn't know how Harbaugh manages the media. Let me give you some perspective - during his after-game presser Harbaugh wasn't even sure which hand had suffered the injury.

But, as I have said a few times now, based on how he played with his broken finger vs. the Cardinals I hope stays broken for the rest of the season.

his finger is better, he was throwing with 'alex smith zip' not with 'ken dorsey zip'.

if smith's finger was still a problem, harbaugh would have spun something on the media, but there was no spin needed since its not an issue now.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Joe, anything less is unacceptable. Steve Young was the MVP of the league and our fans still said, whatever, he didn't win a Super Bowl.... so Steve Young can go fuck himself!!!

It's good to have the bar set that high, Eddie D set a standard and we all still demand that it gets met, and the QB has to bear the brunt of those expectations after Joe won 4. Thats good shit.

It just gets ridiculous when it gets to the point when a guy like Alex has a good statistical game and some fans are like, WHOA now, lets keep this in perspective... he's no Joe... I'll fight you tooth and nail that he's no Joe...

My response is... Relax bro, nobody is saying he is Joe because of a near perfect game against the Cardinals... they're just saying fuck yeah, Smith lived up to his legacy. He needs to be perfect to follow Joe and Steve... and fuck yeah he did it against a team that hates the 49ers.

yup its all relativity. if we compared qb's to drunkenmiller, we'd all be a much more happy crew.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup its all relativity. if we compared qb's to drunkenmiller, we'd all be a much more happy crew.

You inspired me to google my favorite draft resource website.

NFL Draft History - 1997 NFL Draft Results

Bill Walsh said, draft Jake Plummer who went 16 picks after the Druck... but stupid Mooch was enamored with the big arm QB

at least the 49ers listened when Bill said give Jeff Garcia a chance... to save part of the 2000s decade.

They passed on Tiki Barber too, but that doesn't really burn me up since Hearst was awesome up until that whole necrosis issue after the '98 Playoffs game vs the Falcons.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what's gotten into you lately Mr. Crazypants, but you should really think about taking a step back and looking at the situation from another point of view.

The 49ers won, Smith had a good game and thanks to the WRs he had a great statistical game... and you're arguing that Smith didn't do anything spectacular and how dare anyone say he had a great game. I don't believe it is your intent, but you're kind of coming off as Cazic like... and I know that is really insulting to compare you to Cazic, but I don't mean it to be. And I sure ain't trying to come off as high and mighty cause I lose my mind when fucking Packer assholes post here, haha... so I'm certainly not trying to lecture you either. But, relax, the 49ers won and who cares about who gets the credit in the media.

Anyway, I can't speak for the other people who want to see Alex do well... I enjoy games like this from him because it means the 49ers win. Plus, he's a 49er so I want to see him have success because it means the team is having success since completing passes is pretty crucial for team success.

Harping on how short the passes were... really? At least the passes weren't at the WRs feet (or in the dirt) where they barely had a chance to catch it and absolutely no chance to do anything with it if they caught it... as we've seen so many times before from Smith on previous occasions when teams challenged Alex to beat them by putting 8 guys in the box.

As to the overblown media hype?? Who cares what people say about Smith, like Spacedoodoo said, the QB always gets way too much credit and too much blame. It's the nature of the NFL. Bottom line, Smith did what he was asked to do and the 49ers won. He got the ball to his playmakers and it was one of those nights where they all made plays once he got it to them, that is Smith's job and thats what we want him to do... and he got it to those guys 18 of his 19 throws.

Just relax with this thing of, "oh god don't let anyone say Alex is better than he really is..." Don't worry, fan and media perception clearly have nothing to do with him starting, since most of the fans and media have written him off as a bust and now that he's doing OK they tentatively call him a "game-manager" these days... yet he still starts. He starts because the team and coaching staff love the guy.

Look, we as fans expect Joe Montana... and we're happy with Steve Young... but truth be told, the players don't give a fuck about what we want, they're glad that they have Alex Smith. "Camp Alex" won over the team, and those guys are behind him.

I've never seen so much written in a post with so little said.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't want to derail the Alex Smith love/bash fest (that I participated in...6 pages ago), but some of us are as happy with Steve Young as we were with Steve Bono, Jeff Garcia, and Elvis Grbac. So I guess Smith fits that category, now that I think about it.

By the way, who names their kid Elvis? There's one Elvis, and until his bloated, sequined-jumpsuit-drug-addict days, he was the king. It's kind of like naming your kid Genghis, or Ghandi, or Jesus.

Okay, carry on.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where I am. I'm not firmly in camp Kap, but we have to be better at QB than Smith has been. One game against the Saints doesn't erase the rest of his history. If Smith can step his game up, and HE can consistently beat teams when it counts, then great. Until he does, his criticism is justified. Peyton Manning was released from the team that drafted him. So was Montana. They've both won Super Bowls.

Does that mean Smith can easily be replaced? No. Does that mean his replacement is on the roster? Maybe, maybe not. Does that mean we're good enough? Absolutely not. Not until we start winning Super Bowls.

Okay, not trying to beat a dead horse here, so I'll hit the eject button on this thread.

Again.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith = Troy Aikman??????

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You changed your avi. Totally screwed me up there.

I'll agree with this.

When Smith wins 3 SB's.

Basketball season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the NBA. LOVE college ball, though.

I am not really a fan of basketball anymore either. I will still check out some games and all that, but moving to LA really killed the sport for me. Just how annoying people are about the Lakers and suddenly now the Clippers. And the sports radio down here is just the worst I have ever heard. It is such a Lakers ass kiss fest it is disgusting.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Quarterback Alex Smith has done what the 49ers have asked, taking more chances, with the result being more touchdowns and interceptions. At the midway point last year, Smith had thrown 10 touchdowns with only two interceptions, a 7.12-yard average per attempt and a 98.8 passer rating.

This year, everything is higher, including the picks. Smith has thrown 12 touchdown passes and five interceptions, and his average gain per attempt is up nearly a yard at 7.94 yards. His passer rating stands at 102.1, which ranks third in the NFC and fifth in the NFL. "

how many of us noticed this?

isn't this the exact thing we were asking for prior to the season?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Quarterback Alex Smith has done what the 49ers have asked, taking more chances, with the result being more touchdowns and interceptions. At the midway point last year, Smith had thrown 10 touchdowns with only two interceptions, a 7.12-yard average per attempt and a 98.8 passer rating.

This year, everything is higher, including the picks. Smith has thrown 12 touchdown passes and five interceptions, and his average gain per attempt is up nearly a yard at 7.94 yards. His passer rating stands at 102.1, which ranks third in the NFC and fifth in the NFL. "

how many of us noticed this?

isn't this the exact thing we were asking for prior to the season?

the numbers look better than the actual play imo. there's been a lot of missed opportunities in the first half. with the additions on offense i was hoping for progress and we're getting it overal. we all know it can get better and hopefully everything is fully clicking come playoff time.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, were you drunk when you wrote this??? Seriously, were you? This post makes no sense at all, at least not to me. What are you trying to say? Or better perhaps, what do you think I said?