• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Reasons why an Appeal Overturns TB12 Suspension

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, the NFL doesn't want to see Brady or any star player miss games...but, imo Brady would be smart to play the game...take his negotiated 2 games (if it comes to that and walk away).

Why would it be smart...if he tries to get away unscathed...We know for a fact that air was taken out of the footballs, and to the lay person...the equipment people are not going to arbitrarily deflate footballs without a directive.

An appeal to reduce the games missed makes sense because 4 games is a lot for this deed. Secondly...I do not think an arbitrator will try to lump "past sins" into the punishment.

Unscathed? Zero games missed?...The Wells reports clearly "suggests" that TB was aware of what was going on with the balls...I don't see an arbitrator just totaling dismissing the report findings. TB is going to have to prove the report wrong and I'm not sure how he's going to be able to do that because this is not about what can be proved in terms of Wells' report, but what is believable.

Simply look at the NFL's track record once it's taken to the Federal level. My hunch is the Brady team along with the NFLPA will take this to the National Labor Board, and I can see the whole punishment being thrown out by them, given how they have handled similar complainst about the NFL league office.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply look at the NFL's track record once it's taken to the Federal level. My hunch is the Brady team along with the NFLPA will take this to the National Labor Board, and I can see the whole punishment being thrown out by them, given how they have handled similar complainst about the NFL league office.

We shall see...2 fronts.

Getting away unscathed appeal...imo it really doesn't matter what level of court they take this to...it's simple...Did Brady know that air was being removed from the footballs? yes or no.

Again, this report has put Brady and his legal team in the position of having to prove that he did not know...essentially saying the Wells report is a total farce. That's going to be a tough one.

Reducing game appeal...I think he will win.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is because it's his personal phone and not property of the team.
-------
Like it's Hillary's personal computer and not the property of the federal government? Is that your arguing logic? Riiiiggggghhhhhttttt:L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's pretty weak. A cheerleader scandal? Really?

Tuck rule and formations? Both within the rules.

Etc, etc

:L
A list was asked for so I did a 5 second search for patriots scandal list and found dozens and simply copied the first one I opened.

The point is there wouldn't be dozens of sites with lists if there wasn't things to list.

I really wish you guys would just pick one: Either everyone does it so why pick on you, OR everything is misunderstood and the pats are unfairly picked on to begin with. It can't be both and yet both are thrown out there by your clan.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Like it's Hillary's personal computer and not the property of the federal government? Is that your arguing logic? Riiiiggggghhhhhttttt:L

There's more evidence against Tom Brady than there is against Hillary.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A list was asked for so I did a 5 second search for patriots scandal list and found dozens and simply copied the first one I opened.

The point is there wouldn't be dozens of sites with lists if there wasn't things to list.

I really wish you guys would just pick one: Either everyone does it so why pick on you, OR everything is misunderstood and the pats are unfairly picked on to begin with. It can't be both and yet both are thrown out there by your clan.

Which can be done with any team, it's in no way unique to the Patriots.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which can be done with any team, it's in no way unique to the Patriots.
Right, so we are back to every team cheats, it's not unique to the Pats. So then I'll expect from now on you will stop claiming innocence here as you can't have it both ways. I just won't let you. Not going to happen.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so we are back to every team cheats, it's not unique to the Pats. So then I'll expect from now on you will stop claiming innocence here as you can't have it both ways. I just won't let you. Not going to happen.

Every team does cheat in some manner. Just like every person commits felonies everyday.

And you can have it both ways, just because a team commits infractions at some point doesn't mean every accusation is accurate.

And notice it's only the Patriots that get made into scandals of the century for things every team is doing?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team does cheat in some manner. Just like every person commits felonies everyday.

And you can have it both ways, just because a team commits infractions at some point doesn't mean every accusation is accurate.

And notice it's only the Patriots that get made into scandals of the century for things every team is doing?
Bountygate? It's not just the Pats. If a team commits a big infraction of some kind it's big news. The modern media lives for these things. Twitter frenzies and hacks of all kinds chiming in for page views. It's the fappening for the media. And it would be the same if it was NE, Dallas, or even the Raiders who haven't been relevant for a long time.

And there is no reason to keep saying every team cheats unless you are deflecting from your own cheating. Innocent people have no reason to make any such claims. So no, you cannot have both. Every time you claim everyone does it you are saying to everyone this case of it doesn't mean anything because it's everywhere. And that's how it will be taken.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bountygate? It's not just the Pats. If a team commits a big infraction of some kind it's big news. The modern media lives for these things. Twitter frenzies and hacks of all kinds chiming in for page views. It's the fappening for the media. And it would be the same if it was NE, Dallas, or even the Raiders who haven't been relevant for a long time.

And there is no reason to keep saying every team cheats unless you are deflecting from your own cheating. Innocent people have no reason to make any such claims. So no, you cannot have both. Every time you claim everyone does it you are saying to everyone this case of it doesn't mean anything because it's everywhere. And that's how it will be taken.

You're making my point. PSI in a football is nowhere near the level of a built in system of payment to intentionally cause bodily harm.

And yes you can have it both ways. Every team cheats, but not every accusation is accurate.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making my point. PSI in a football is nowhere near the level of a built in system of payment to intentionally cause bodily harm.

And yes you can have it both ways. Every team cheats, but not every accusation is accurate.
Lying about it and covering it up makes it news, not the ball pressure itself. Your fans want to bang drums over the fact he wasn't suspended for cheating and yet keep using the PSI argument to show a disjointed attention for the matter. Again, which one is it?

Your base is all over the map claiming things on both sides as it suits your needs. And it still isn't working.

PSI doesn't mean much, but lying does and that's a story. Particularly in an organization known for cheating and generally trying to skirt the rules.

There is no need to say "but.. but.. everyone else cheats too" if you aren't admitting guilt. There simply isn't. Every use of that shows me your fans really do know of his guilt and are just trolling everyone with the innocence nonsense.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lying about it and covering it up makes it news, not the ball pressure itself. Your fans want to bang drums over the fact he wasn't suspended for cheating and yet keep using the PSI argument to show a disjointed attention for the matter. Again, which one is it?

Your base is all over the map claiming things on both sides as it suits your needs. And it still isn't working.

PSI doesn't mean much, but lying does and that's a story. Particularly in an organization known for cheating and generally trying to skirt the rules.

There is no need to say "but.. but.. everyone else cheats too" if you aren't admitting guilt. There simply isn't. Every use of that shows me your fans really do know of his guilt and are just trolling everyone with the innocence nonsense.

But we don't actually know if he lied at this point. We have only a small portion of the information thus far.

Every team does cheat, the point being not every infraction is the crime of the century as the media and opposing fans of this team would have you believe.

At this point we don't know very much about what happened.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we don't actually know if he lied at this point. We have only a small portion of the information thus far.

Every team does cheat, the point being not every infraction is the crime of the century as the media and opposing fans of this team would have you believe.

At this point we don't know very much about what happened.
I've never claimed to know the answers to what happened, nor do I think we will ever know 100%. It does appear that there is a pattern and I won't litigate that yet again as we have been round and round on it well more than enough, but there is no doubt if there is wrong information in that report it will come out during the appeal process. Both sides will be able to fully vet out those issues in the public arena.

The fact that your fans keep telling us everyone cheats just leads me to believe deep down you know there is something here, whether it's all true or not.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never claimed to know the answers to what happened, nor do I think we will ever know 100%. It does appear that there is a pattern and I won't litigate that yet again as we have been round and round on it well more than enough, but there is no doubt if there is wrong information in that report it will come out during the appeal process. Both sides will be able to fully vet out those issues in the public arena.

The fact that your fans keep telling us everyone cheats just leads me to believe deep down you know there is something here, whether it's all true or not.

And you are sadly mistaken on your belief then. It can in fact be both, every team does cheat, and not every accusation is true.

Saying the Patriots didn't commit this infraction isn't also stating they never commit infractions.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flawed logic is flawed.

I never said both can't be true, I said saying both implies something. That's entirely different and nothing you have said refutes that.

Innocent people do not run around claiming everyone else cheats too. That's just a fact. That doesn't counter the idea you can be innocent while others also cheat. That requires a complete breakdown of the English language to get there.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Innocent people do not run around claiming everyone else cheats too. That's just a fact.

They also say "OF COURSE I'M FUCKING INNOCENT!!!" when asked about cheating on a nationally televised broadcast.

Tom Brady said 'um, gee, I don't think I cheated'.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't. Even those who initially game to the Patriots' defense are saying that the evidence points to the Pats guilt.

Physics Professor: Deflategate Reports Science Holds Up - Patriots - Boston.com

Look at the Patriots' rebuttal posted today, in particular at the points:
  • Measurements taken of the same balls with the same gauges varied widely.
  • The league doesn't know which gauges were used to measure which balls.
  • The Colts balls were measured under substantially different circumstances than the Patriots balls.
And by the way -- the NFL and Wells have repeatedly lied about the measurements of the Colts balls. So articles based on believing their lies can easily come to incorrect conclusions just about that.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know for a fact that air was taken out of the footballs,

The REFEREES took air out of the Patriots' footballs!!!!!

Now, they did so as part of a normal process, which was to overinflate them and let air back out. Jastremski did the same thing. That's just how the equipment works!! By your logic, EVERY quarterback in the league should be suspended, along with every equipment guy, and the refs should be punished as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason 11....they want to spare the rest of the nation the loud sobbing of Patriot Nation

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the Patriots' rebuttal posted today, in particular at the points:
  • Measurements taken of the same balls with the same gauges varied widely.
  • The league doesn't know which gauges were used to measure which balls.
  • The Colts balls were measured under substantially different circumstances than the Patriots balls.
And by the way -- the NFL and Wells have repeatedly lied about the measurements of the Colts balls. So articles based on believing their lies can easily come to incorrect conclusions just about that.
They say the simplest answer is normally the right one. The simplest answer here is Brady likes his balls a little under the acceptable level and has been having them reduced over some time.

The more complicated is the report is flawed on this point because of not documenting which gauge was used where, people were just joking on some parts of the texts that meet our needs and were serious on others, again as we see fit, and more than one other team was lying when they made claims of balls being noticeably flatter than expected.

I'll stick with the more likely answers until proven otherwise. Nothing proposed is yet proof. Simply attempts to provide possibilities. Prove it and I'll be on board.