• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-1 is very much in reach

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams, Bucs, Falcons, and Vikings are all very winnable games.

The rams and bucs especially with bradford and doug martin out. Atlanta will be no push over but with all their injuries and the defense going from avg to below avg, we gotta like our chances a lot better. And the vikings at home, their qb situation is a mess so very unlikely they will pose much a threat.

That could put us at 10-1 coming out of the bye to face New Orleans and San Fran. If somehow we can sweep those two games we can almost guarantee a one seed. If we only split we're 12-2 with the giants, cards and rams left.

As long as we just stay healthy, our team is in a great position to make a long run in the playoffs

That San Fran game could decide the division, cause looking at their schedule it doesn't look like they have another loss on their schedule except maybe seattle and new orleans

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can honestly see 15-1 if we avoid injuries. (knock, knock) Coming out of the bye with NO on Mnday night and then SF will be tough, but both winnable in my opinion. Even the last game is winnable because this team's mantra is to go 1-0, not rest all the starters before the playoffs. If they put up a 2-3 score margin on the Rams in the last game, then they will pull the starters.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are about to play the Rams minus Bradford, the Bucs minus Martin and the Falcons minus Julio ... oh and Harvin is back practicing.

Yea I will be disappointed if we arent 10-1, but I know all teams need to be take seriously

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With the NFL the way it is these days I would expect at least 2 more losses along the way.

Sure 14-2 and 15-1 are still doable but it's extremely tough for a team to do that especially with the rules these days it's harder for a defensive based with a non explosive offense to do it.

Along the way you just have those games that on paper you should win but you either don't play well or the coaches lose the chess match that day.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have the potential to be an explosive offense when we get all our starters back.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
we have the potential to be an explosive offense when we get all our starters back.

Harvin will add to your explosiveness but Carroll like most defensive minded head coaches wants a ball control grind it out offense and play good defense kind of team. Carroll wants the offense to go through Lynch and he still going to want that even when you get all your toys back.

It's not impossible to run the table and go 15-1 but if I had to put money on it I would bet on the Seahawks finishing 13-3 or 12-4.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin will add to your explosiveness but Carroll like most defensive minded head coaches wants a ball control grind it out offense and play good defense kind of team. Carroll wants the offense to go through Lynch and he still going to want that even when you get all your toys back.

It's not impossible to run the table and go 15-1 but if I had to put money on it I would bet on the Seahawks finishing 13-3 or 12-4.
Because Lynch isn't an explosive offensive weapon? The guy consistently gets 5-6 yards on plays that most RBs would be held to 1 or 2.

I agree with a poster above. Anything less than 10-1 would be a disappointment.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything you said is correct. However, what Harvin does give us is the ability for explosiveness in the event that we get down big or somehow get into a shootout. It means that no game will be over until the clock says 00.

That said, 15-1 is highly unlikely and I fully anticipate Bevell's ludicrously bad play calling to lose us at least 1 game the rest of the way.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are mostly right. We do have a run first team, but the fact that we get an explosive player like Harvin to add to Lynch, and Tate just makes it all that much better. Kind of like you guys getting Crabs back a little later.

On the records, I was just speculating as to what was possible. I think 13 -15 wins is possible. It is very hard for me to see 4 losses, but as you said, sometimes funny things happen in the NFL. btw, I see the Niners possibly putting up 12-14 wins, so it is still going to be a dog fight and the games against NO and head to head are going to be huge.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Because Lynch isn't an explosive offensive weapon? The guy consistently gets 5-6 yards on plays that most RBs would be held to 1 or 2.

I agree with a poster above. Anything less than 10-1 would be a disappointment.

That's not what I would consider explosive. Don't get me wrong any time your running back can average 5 yards every time he touches the ball that's fantastic.

Explosive is being like the Saints or Broncos and being a threat to hit a big play every snap on offense. Hitting those 30+ yarders and scoring quickly and often.

Harvin will add that to your offense being able to take a slant and house it for 80 yards but Carroll what wants and what they've built is Lynch running the ball, Wilson making a few plays, and eating up the clock with 5+ drives.

It's not a high powered or explosive offense and there is nothing wrong with that. The offense works and in my opinion high powered offenses are great for racking up fantasy points and regular season wins but I would take a more balanced offense and team for the playoffs.

My entire point is if you look at the past couple of years the teams that have won 14+ games are teams with high powered offenses so with that said you're probably looking at least 2 or 3 more losses at some point this season.

You can look at the teams you beat on paper all you want but some games you just get outplayed and outcoached. No team is immune to it and the only team it didn't happen to is the 72 Dolphins.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just to be clear I'm not saying your offense won't have some explosiveness to it especially with Harvin healthy.

I'm just saying your offense is not what you would define as explosive or high powered.

Just like I wouldn't describe the 9ers as having a high powered or explosive offense even with Vernon Davis whose an explosive player that can make big plays.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I would consider explosive. Don't get me wrong any time your running back can average 5 yards every time he touches the ball that's fantastic.

Explosive is being like the Saints or Broncos and being a threat to hit a big play every snap on offense. Hitting those 30+ yarders and scoring quickly and often.

Harvin will add that to your offense being able to take a slant and house it for 80 yards but Carroll what wants and what they've built is Lynch running the ball, Wilson making a few plays, and eating up the clock with 5+ drives.

It's not a high powered or explosive offense and there is nothing wrong with that. The offense works and in my opinion high powered offenses are great for racking up fantasy points and regular season wins but I would take a more balanced offense and team for the playoffs.

My entire point is if you look at the past couple of years the teams that have won 14+ games are teams with high powered offenses so with that said you're probably looking at least 2 or 3 more losses at some point this season.

You can look at the teams you beat on paper all you want but some games you just get outplayed and outcoached. No team is immune to it and the only team it didn't happen to is the 72 Dolphins.

You know better than anyone, that the Broncos and Saints have not played any top 10 defenses as far as yards per game and the Saints have only played one top 10 Defense as far as points per game, and they lost that game. Explosive plays will come, for both our teams. Does our team have a super explosive offense? No, but our defense is good so we don't need to be. Same with the Niners.

On Friday, I called the Indy win to a friend at work. I realize I can't back that up here, but I did. The reason? The Broncos have not played a real defense yet and they were on the road where they do not have the actual best homefield advantage of any team in the league. The thin air of Denver. I also am not a believer in the Chiefs. Same situation. The AFC West plays the easiest schedule ever.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we are talking about high powered offenses, would it surprise you to know that Seattle is 4th overall in the NFL in yards per completion.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jikkle a 6 to 7 yard run by Lynch when he knocks 2 to 3 people down and breaks 2 to 3 tackles has the same emotional effect on this team as a 20 yard run does on other teams. You CAN NOT DISCOUNT the mean and nasty way he runs because this team is a punch you in the face and make you cry team. Being a San Fran fan you have seen this twice in less than a year and you should understand that. The Players FEED off his Beast mode runs, what you think is not explosive may not be for the Whiners but for this team it fuels their fire.

He ( Lynch ) personifies what this team is all about and his runs feed his team mates. The More he Beasts the more the team stomps you into the ground with over the top physical play that NO TEAM in the NFL can match. I mean come on now you have seen it first hand lol.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams, Bucs, Falcons, and Vikings are all very winnable games.

The rams and bucs especially with bradford and doug martin out. Atlanta will be no push over but with all their injuries and the defense going from avg to below avg, we gotta like our chances a lot better. And the vikings at home, their qb situation is a mess so very unlikely they will pose much a threat.

That could put us at 10-1 coming out of the bye to face New Orleans and San Fran. If somehow we can sweep those two games we can almost guarantee a one seed. If we only split we're 12-2 with the giants, cards and rams left.

As long as we just stay healthy, our team is in a great position to make a long run in the playoffs

That San Fran game could decide the division, cause looking at their schedule it doesn't look like they have another loss on their schedule except maybe seattle and new orleans

I see you guys being favored in all of your remaining games except for the game against us. I see us being favored in all of our remaining games except against New Orleans. I see New Orleans being favored in every game except against you. If things play out that way, that will suck for us because we would be 13-3 Wild Card team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you guys being favored in all of your remaining games except for the game against us. I see us being favored in all of our remaining games except against New Orleans. I see New Orleans being favored in every game except against you. If things play out that way, that will suck for us because we would be 13-3 Wild Card team.

I see the Hawks being favored in the game in San Fran by 6+ if they win all the games up to then. Seeing as Home teams all ready get +3 that is actually more than a touchdown swing :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds about right. The right to go to the SB for the NFC rep is going thru Seattle IMO. Who would of thought that such early games would have such an effect on the season?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds about right. The right to go to the SB for the NFC rep is going thru Seattle IMO. Who would of thought that such early games would have such an effect on the season?

The debacle against the Colts could be our undoing.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Hawks being favored in the game in San Fran by 6+ if they win all the games up to then. Seeing as Home teams all ready get +3 that is actually more than a touchdown swing :)

They very well could be favored against the Niners. It's close. Maybe a pick'em.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They very well could be favored against the Niners. It's close. Maybe a pick'em.

I would call it a pick-em if the Hawks end up getting worse rather than better as the season goes on. That shouldn't happen and both teams should get better as injured players return. San Fran was once a very physical team that would punch other teams in the mouth on Sunday's. Well now Seattle is the more physical and dominating team and just out physicals the 49ers which they have a hard time with. This tends to make them curl up in a fetal position and fold. Want proof? how about this 71-16.

:yahoo: