• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10-1 is very much in reach

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call it a pick-em if the Hawks end up getting worse rather than better as the season goes on. That shouldn't happen and both teams should get better as injured players return. San Fran was once a very physical team that would punch other teams in the mouth on Sunday's. Well now Seattle is the more physical and dominating team and just out physicals the 49ers which they have a hard time with. This tends to make them curl up in a fetal position and fold. Want proof? how about this 71-16.

:yahoo:

LOL. Both of those games were in Seattle. We don't have great homefield advantage at the Stick, but having the game in a place other than Seattle should cure our tendency to curl up in the fetal position whenever we play the Seahawks.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Hawks being favored in the game in San Fran by 6+ if they win all the games up to then. Seeing as Home teams all ready get +3 that is actually more than a touchdown swing :)

I could only see that happening if SF struggles as well. A 6 point favorite for a road team would be pretty big.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just signed a Pro-Bowl Full Back who led the Beast to his best year ever. Marshawn will now be the best RB in the league. Combined with Harvin coming back in the the next week or two as well as Wags, Giacomini and then Okung, this team is going to be very scary. Gotta avoid more injuries, but that is par for the course.

Atl could be a stumbling block if Jackson and White come back ok, as well as Ryan getting more comfortable with Douglas, but I don't think their Defense is the same and we want vengeance.

Niners get Manningham back in the next week or two and maybe Crabs before December.

We've all said it. Comes down to each team's game with NO and then the head-to-head matchup at the Stick.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that anything less than 12-4 without homefield advantage throughout playoffs is a dissapointment for this team. But we have to take games one week at a time because any of these teams can upset us like Miami did last season. also that 49ers game in candlestick is so significant its not even funny remember there schedule isnt much different than ours other than a monday night game against the redskins (which i think they can win) the 9ers can very well win 11 games this season. Also we can over look the falcons i dont care what there record is those losses were all by a touchdown or less they could easily been wins and they remember that playoff game last season there gonna be motivated to play us (sherman vs white) part 2.

lastly the Saints game will be good as long as we good undefeated at home again we should be fine

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that anything less than 12-4 without homefield advantage throughout playoffs is a dissapointment for this team. But we have to take games one week at a time because any of these teams can upset us like Miami did last season. also that 49ers game in candlestick is so significant its not even funny remember there schedule isnt much different than ours other than a monday night game against the redskins (which i think they can win) the 9ers can very well win 11 games this season. Also we can over look the falcons i dont care what there record is those losses were all by a touchdown or less they could easily been wins and they remember that playoff game last season there gonna be motivated to play us (sherman vs white) part 2.

lastly the Saints game will be good as long as we good undefeated at home again we should be fine

I'd be disappointed with12-4 considering the schedule. 15-1, 14-2,at worst 13-3.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like 12-4 is the absolute worse case scenario at this point. Only losable games I really see is @Atlanta, NO and @SF obviously. Even hard to see us losing the Saints game since its at home. Atlanta should be a win but its on the road, at 10 am and they are still a talented team so I wouldnt be shocked if we dropped that one.

That being said if either team wins out they control their own destiny. Sadly if both finished 14-2 with the Hawks losing in SF then 49ers would have have the tie breaker. Head to head, conference, division, common opponents are tied so it be SOV which would in likelihood favor the 49ers.

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both Seattle and SF win the rest of their games until meeting in SF, I would venture to guess SF will be favored by 1 to 3 points.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-4 should be a disappointment.

Last time I checked (over the weekend) at that time, the Seahawks opponents have a combined percentage of .275 and the Niners have a .289. The remaining schedule is very weak for these two teams, so there's no doubt that a 12-4 record for any of these two teams will be a disappointment.

What's going to suck is that even if these two teams finish somewhere between 12-4 or 13-3, one have to settle for the WC berth with an amazing record.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next 4 are all very winnable but let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is the NFL. Upsets happen. I feel like Seattle will likely lose one against NO or SF and then probably one against some team they shouldn't lose to me. I hope I'm wrong but that's just being realistic.

I agree though, 12-4 would be a big disappointment considering the remaining schedule.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Both of those games were in Seattle. We don't have great homefield advantage at the Stick, but having the game in a place other than Seattle should cure our tendency to curl up in the fetal position whenever we play the Seahawks.

Yes both those were in Seattle And both those had Kaep vs Wilson. The last time you Beat Seattle the story of the game was the drops by the Seahawks in a game they should have won. That doesn't sound dominating in anyway by the 49ers. Now the Hawks know how to win on the road. *snickers* teeh hee
:yahoo:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone would've told me that we could potentially be 8-1 heading into the Atlanta game with all of our injuries (Percy, Unger, Okung, Breno, etc) I wouldn't have believed it

But here we are sitting very comfortably. And knock on wood but as teams are getting decimated with injuries and are getting progressively worse as the year goes on...the Seahawks are getting healthier and better.

Only dangerous thing about that is it seems like the 49ers are getting better and better as the year goes on as well.

I think the NFL needs to resort to just pure playoff seedings because with the way it's looking like this year we could have a 13-3 or 12-4 wild card team going on the road against a 9-7 Dallas team.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jikkle a 6 to 7 yard run by Lynch when he knocks 2 to 3 people down and breaks 2 to 3 tackles has the same emotional effect on this team as a 20 yard run does on other teams. You CAN NOT DISCOUNT the mean and nasty way he runs because this team is a punch you in the face and make you cry team. Being a San Fran fan you have seen this twice in less than a year and you should understand that. The Players FEED off his Beast mode runs, what you think is not explosive may not be for the Whiners but for this team it fuels their fire.

He ( Lynch ) personifies what this team is all about and his runs feed his team mates. The More he Beasts the more the team stomps you into the ground with over the top physical play that NO TEAM in the NFL can match. I mean come on now you have seen it first hand lol.

I'm not discounting that. In earlier post I said that was fantastic I just wouldn't describe it as explosive.

If we are talking about high powered offenses, would it surprise you to know that Seattle is 4th overall in the NFL in yards per completion.

But your also 29th in passing attempts. Which is fine because that means your offense is working as intended. You want to pound Lynch and when you do pass hit on big plays which you're doing.

You know better than anyone, that the Broncos and Saints have not played any top 10 defenses as far as yards per game and the Saints have only played one top 10 Defense as far as points per game, and they lost that game. Explosive plays will come, for both our teams. Does our team have a super explosive offense? No, but our defense is good so we don't need to be. Same with the Niners.

On Friday, I called the Indy win to a friend at work. I realize I can't back that up here, but I did. The reason? The Broncos have not played a real defense yet and they were on the road where they do not have the actual best homefield advantage of any team in the league. The thin air of Denver. I also am not a believer in the Chiefs. Same situation. The AFC West plays the easiest schedule ever.

Philosophically the Broncos, Saints, Green Bay, Pats, and Falcons have built a pass heavy get big chunks of yard kinds of offense.

The 9ers and Seattle philosophically want balance on offense and want long sustained drives. So yes they are capable of explosive plays but they aren't built around slinging the ball and winning by getting chunks of yardage through the air.

I'm not trying to bag on Seattle's offense or anything as it's perfectly fine I'm just saying it's not what you called high powered or explosive because that's not what it's trying to be. It wants to be physical smashmouth, 8 minute drive kind of offense.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Seattle's record will be at the end but I have to believe that there will be one more loss down the road. I think a key game for both the Niners & Seahawks is our games against the Saints. That could be a tie breaker down at the end of the regular season if one team wins it and not the other.

Two huge games for Seattle, come December.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin will add to your explosiveness but Carroll like most defensive minded head coaches wants a ball control grind it out offense and play good defense kind of team. Carroll wants the offense to go through Lynch and he still going to want that even when you get all your toys back.

It's not impossible to run the table and go 15-1 but if I had to put money on it I would bet on the Seahawks finishing 13-3 or 12-4.

We should all agree that the Hawks and 9er's have constructed their squads in similar fashion. Tough Defense, power running game, mix in some play action and have an elusive Qb that can make plays outside the pocket and with their feet.

Neither team has an explosive offense and both teams need to get the screen game implemented. That's why it makes it so surprising with RWill get pressured 50% of his drop backs that we'd be calling longer developing pass plays deep in our territory against a team like Zona. :noidea:

RWill is 2nd in the NFL with a 56% completion rate on passes that travel 20+ yds with 5 td's. (Not a 5 yd pass with a 15 yd YAC). Part of that is attributed to his ability to roll out to either direction.

Is there a NFL QB that can be on the move to the left, square his shoulders, get a quick release with enough mustard to hit a 20 yd out route? I haven't seen one. Rodgers and Luck are a close 2nd and 3rd.

With that being said, I would give a team constructed like the Hawks or 9er's to have a SB advantage this year. Cold, blustery with snow potential weather in NY which favors a pressuring D, a power running game and a mobile QB. It's far easier to rush a passer when you know he's going to be in a 3 ft radius in the snow vs a RWill, who is moving all over and knows where he's going. Offenses have snow advantage. Would I want Manning or RWill in the snow? Call me a homer, but based on past performance and snowy attributes, I'll take RWill. :clap:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more win away from 10-1 heading into a much needed bye to get everyone healthy.

Oh and Percy is back next week!

GO HAWKS