• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want the Broncos to Select as Head Coach?

Who is Your Favorite Candidate to be Head Coach?

• Total voters

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My order would be O'connell - Quin and Hackett. Hacket last because I'm going to have problems rooting for Rogers if that is what a Hackett hiring leads to.
While I don't want to cheer for the guy, there are a lot worse dudes in Football and likely on the Broncos than Rogers. Its not like Rodgers is out there getting DUI's or domestic violence charges or worse, he is just a bit out there on his life views which started from a young age. There was a pretty good long form article on Rodgers on ESPN this weekend with a lot of insight into his odd personality. My biggest concern with Rodgers is whether he wants to really play football and if he can elevate a team. After watching Allen and Mahomes there is a glaring difference between them and Rodgers in that regards. Rodgers wilted on Saturday where Allen and Mahomes elevated.

I like Hackett because of his leadership style which I think could be outstanding for this fairly young team. Quinn is Fango 2.0 with experience so I would be supper bummed with that hire.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My order would be O'connell - Quin and Hackett. Hacket last because I'm going to have problems rooting for Rogers if that is what a Hackett hiring leads to.
Hey Ming, what's up with Rodgers ?? .. I'm curious as to why you'd have trouble rooting for him

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. just read where Quinn would likely bring Al Harris along .. I would hope this is not for the DC position

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t have trouble rooting for Rodgers… on the field.

I personally just have questions of his diva attitude being worth it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't want to cheer for the guy, there are a lot worse dudes in Football and likely on the Broncos than Rogers. Its not like Rodgers is out there getting DUI's or domestic violence charges or worse, he is just a bit out there on his life views which started from a young age. There was a pretty good long form article on Rodgers on ESPN this weekend with a lot of insight into his odd personality. My biggest concern with Rodgers is whether he wants to really play football and if he can elevate a team. After watching Allen and Mahomes there is a glaring difference between them and Rodgers in that regards. Rodgers wilted on Saturday where Allen and Mahomes elevated.

I like Hackett because of his leadership style which I think could be outstanding for this fairly young team. Quinn is Fango 2.0 with experience so I would be supper bummed with that hire.
Thoughtful response - thanks

I think another factor is what I hear about how Rogers isn't loved by his teammates. I just really hope - if Hackett is hired it is not considered a package deal that brings Aaron Rodges. Otherwise - I like Hackett's personality and credentials.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Ming, what's up with Rodgers ?? .. I'm curious as to why you'd have trouble rooting for him
From what I can tell - he is a guy who would put himself out in front of this teammates. a Prima Donna. There are probably other ways to solve the QB problem better than bringing in a talented prima donna QB who seems to come up short more often than not in the playoffs.

To be clear - about his vaccination status - in my mind it is not that he has an antivax position, but that he is a guy who tried to have it both ways by saying he was immunized for the virus - knowing most people would think the was vaccinated. This reinforces the 1st statement above as a guy more interested in himself than the team.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughtful response - thanks

I think another factor is what I hear about how Rogers isn't loved by his teammates. I just really hope - if Hackett is hired it is not considered a package deal that brings Aaron Rodges. Otherwise - I like Hackett's personality and credentials.
I would put the odds of Rodgers coming along with Hackett in the 1-2% range. I still think he is in GB or retires. But he is a strange duck, so there is no use trying to outguess what he is thinking.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say there is a greater chance that adding Getsy as OC, then Hackett as HC. Per Albright, Getsy probably not coming with Hackett, but would be on option for Quinn.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can tell - he is a guy who would put himself out in front of this teammates. a Prima Donna. There are probably other ways to solve the QB problem better than bringing in a talented prima donna QB who seems to come up short more often than not in the playoffs.

To be clear - about his vaccination status - in my mind it is not that he has an antivax position, but that he is a guy who tried to have it both ways by saying he was immunized for the virus - knowing most people would think the was vaccinated. This reinforces the 1st statement above as a guy more interested in himself than the team.
You are 100% spot on about what worries me with Rodgers, but with all that said, I really do think that Hackett is the guy regardless of whether Rodgers comes with him or not. If Rodgers does come along at least it gives us a chance against the Mahomes, Allens and Burrows of the AFC for a few years, but the downside is his attitude tanking things or him walking away without any plan B which we all know he would throw a fit about.