• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want the Broncos to Select as Head Coach?

Who is Your Favorite Candidate to be Head Coach?

• Total voters

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paton hired the best guy he thinks for the job. I don’t think if a team wins or looses is going to change to outcome of the selection.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the same people who were critizing Quinn for his Defense giving up 23 points in the playoffs are gonna do the same to Hackett now that his Offense could only muster 10 points.

If we’re talking we want a coach who can get it done in the playoffs certainly last night didn’t look good.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the same people who were critizing Quinn for his Defense giving up 23 points in the playoffs are gonna do the same to Hackett now that his Offense could only muster 10 points.

If we’re talking we want a coach who can get it done in the playoffs certainly last night didn’t look good.
I didn’t know he was the special teams coach. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is the Broncos are putting together a package for a HC offer right now. They also may have a couple of 2nd interviews.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my opinion if George let’s a single playoff game change his opinion of his first choice to hire as HC, he is not the right guy for the job.

To me Rodgers didn’t deliver again in the playoffs, is he the guy you want to send multiple 1st and 2nd round picks, plus players for, especially considering he is 39. Rodgers does great in the regular seasons, but his playoff performances have not been near the same level.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion if George let’s a single playoff game change his opinion of his first choice to hire as HC, he is not the right guy for the job.

To me Rodgers didn’t deliver again in the playoffs, is he the guy you want to send multiple 1st and 2nd round picks, plus players for, especially considering he is 39. Rodgers does great in the regular seasons, but his playoff performances have not been near the same level.
I would still love to see Rodgers join the Broncos, and while I cheered for GB all season, last night, because of the slim possibility Rodgers might leave GB with a crushing loss, I found myself rooting for the 9ers ....

I then started thinking the same thing - that Rodgers now has quite a list of playoff losses - and how stellar regular seasons that sometimes fall flat come playoff time was the thing that gave me pause when we signed Peyton Manning ..

So why don't I feel the same concern with Rodgers -- because I don't ...... I think it is that, despite his age, Rodgers is still able to improvise and create positive yards when a play breaks down - that was never Manning's forte .... and as long as a QB can improvise and move up and around to find receivers, they'll always have a shot at getting the better of the opposing defensive plan ..

I love the conditions last night - the snow, the cold, Lambeau Field in January ... but I think both QB should be cut some slack due to the weather conditions .... If there is one thing I can point to that I feel was on Rodgers/Hackett, it was that deep 3rd down throw into double coverage on their last drive - it was a bad call and a bad option .. it looked hasty and desperate

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still love to see Rodgers join the Broncos, and while I cheered for GB all season, last night, because of the slim possibility Rodgers might leave GB with a crushing loss, I found myself rooting for the 9ers ....

I then started thinking the same thing - that Rodgers now has quite a list of playoff losses - and how stellar regular seasons that sometimes fall flat come playoff time was the thing that gave me pause when we signed Peyton Manning ..

So why don't I feel the same concern with Rodgers -- because I don't ...... I think it is that, despite his age, Rodgers is still able to improvise and create positive yards when a play breaks down - that was never Manning's forte .... and as long as a QB can improvise and move up and around to find receivers, they'll always have a shot at getting the better of the opposing defensive plan ..

I love the conditions last night - the snow, the cold, Lambeau Field in January ... but I think both QB should be cut some slack due to the weather conditions .... If there is one thing I can point to that I feel was on Rodgers/Hackett, it was that deep 3rd down throw into double coverage on their last drive - it was a bad call and a bad option .. it looked hasty and desperate
I do agree to a point. Some guys are regular season guys and fall flat in the playoffs. I think both of the big 2 that are rumored to Denver have questions that will need to be answered. That is a debate for after the HC is determined.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else concerned about the lack of development from Jordan Love as far as potentially hiring Hackett is concerned?

We really need a coach that can develop a QB, and Love has not made many strides up there in GB. It could be that he isn’t quite as talented as his draft position would suggest à la Paxton Lynch. It could be that he just hasn’t played that much and he will develop given enough time.

Either way, he hasn’t played well when given the opportunity and having him ready for the post-Rodgers Packers is largely on Hackett and Getsy, both of whom seem to have struggled in doing. Love’s lack of progress would give me a bit of pause we’re Paton to make Hackett the new HC…

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t know he was the special teams coach. ;)
We know their special teams cost them the game but as we know from being Denver fans you’re not gonna win when you only score 10 points, especially in the playoffs.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know their special teams cost them the game but as we know from being Denver fans you’re not gonna win when you only score 10 points, especially in the playoffs.
I’d argue that it was 13 with the blocked chip distance FG in the first half. :) And I also think that weather conditions had more than a little to do with the lack of scoring - equally for both teams.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather conditions should have been an advantage for Green Bay as they could practice in similar conditions. How do the 9ers acclimate to below freezing temps in California?

Eitherway, they were not ideal for either team.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else concerned about the lack of development from Jordan Love as far as potentially hiring Hackett is concerned?

We really need a coach that can develop a QB, and Love has not made many strides up there in GB. It could be that he isn’t quite as talented as his draft position would suggest à la Paxton Lynch. It could be that he just hasn’t played that much and he will develop given enough time.

Either way, he hasn’t played well when given the opportunity and having him ready for the post-Rodgers Packers is largely on Hackett and Getsy, both of whom seem to have struggled in doing. Love’s lack of progress would give me a bit of pause we’re Paton to make Hackett the new HC…
This is a legitimate concern, but I think Love has been dropped into a hornet's nest and the entire situation should be looked at as unconventional ..

With that said - does Rodgers - who I do really like - does he have a cloud of chaos surrounding him, and if he were to come to Denver, do we feel confident that he would refrain from causing some upheaval within the organization ?? ....

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hacket has a record of taking underachievers and making them better. Quinn has a track record of giving up the biggest comeback in NFL Superbowl history (okay, maybe not, don't really know. But it's still pretty bad). And beyond that one season, he's been fairly mediocre without having a really good OC.

I'd much rather have a creative HC with an offensive bent than a HC with a defensive bent. There are only so many ways you can be creative in coaching defense from a scheme perspective.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hacket has a record of taking underachievers and making them better. Quinn has a track record of giving up the biggest comeback in NFL Superbowl history (okay, maybe not, don't really know. But it's still pretty bad). And beyond that one season, he's been fairly mediocre without having a really good OC.

I'd much rather have a creative HC with an offensive bent than a HC with a defensive bent. There are only so many ways you can be creative in coaching defense from a scheme perspective.
Spot on Great Post

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quinn gets the blame but that choke in the SB is clearly on the Offense which was ran by Kyle Shanahan. Now if Quinn had more HC experience maybe he takes over midway through the collapse and tells Shanahan to call a better Offense but I don’t think you can see that SB loss and put it squarely on the shoulders of Quinn.

Quinn is also responsible for shutting down our Offense in the SB against Seattle so he can at least coach a hell of a defense and so if he gets the job and we actually give him an OC that isn’t on the same level as Pat Schumur he should be miles better than we’ve had recently.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am really not leaning toward offense or defense minded coach, but whoever the HC is need to make sure we maintain a good defense, as we do not want to be in shootouts with KC or LA Chargers. I am not sold that we will be able to trade for Rodgers or Wilson, and whoever we start at QB will likely be considered the worst QB in the division. To stay competitive we need to have a good defense.

That is my thought process anyway.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn gets the blame but that choke in the SB is clearly on the Offense which was ran by Kyle Shanahan. Now if Quinn had more HC experience maybe he takes over midway through the collapse and tells Shanahan to call a better Offense but I don’t think you can see that SB loss and put it squarely on the shoulders of Quinn.

Quinn is also responsible for shutting down our Offense in the SB against Seattle so he can at least coach a hell of a defense and so if he gets the job and we actually give him an OC that isn’t on the same level as Pat Schumur he should be miles better than we’ve had recently.
Quinn also had good OCs when he was the HC in Atlanta. He did have Matt Ryan and Julio Jones which does help. I am sure Quinn has grown since his time in Atlanta. I know some don’t like his record as a head coach, but it is above .500, which is better then we have seen in a while.

The other thing I heard about Quinn is he empowers his coordinators, which is a positive IMHO.

Kyle had a problem with being too aggressive against KC which lead to their comeback in the Super Bowl a couple of years ago.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A preview of a new episode of no shortcuts.

I don’t know about everyone else but I really enjoy these episodes.

Reactions: LGM