• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want the Broncos to Select as Head Coach?

Who is Your Favorite Candidate to be Head Coach?

• Total voters

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn gets the blame but that choke in the SB is clearly on the Offense which was ran by Kyle Shanahan. Now if Quinn had more HC experience maybe he takes over midway through the collapse and tells Shanahan to call a better Offense but I don’t think you can see that SB loss and put it squarely on the shoulders of Quinn.

Quinn is also responsible for shutting down our Offense in the SB against Seattle so he can at least coach a hell of a defense and so if he gets the job and we actually give him an OC that isn’t on the same level as Pat Schumur he should be miles better than we’ve had recently.
How is giving up a 25 point lead "Clearly on the Offense"? While it was likely a contributing factor, (ie. not giving defense time to rest), it's not the main reason they lost. That was squarely on the defense.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is giving up a 25 point lead "Clearly on the Offense"? While it was likely a contributing factor, (ie. not giving defense time to rest), it's not the main reason they lost. That was squarely on the defense.

I think it was on the offense because they kept calling passing plays and getting sacked instead of running the football. If you look at how quickly the Pats scored to make a comeback yes it’s on the defense giving it up but it’s as close to back to back to back as you can get.

After the score to put the Falcons up 28 to 3, the following drives were as follows;

3 plays for negative 15 yards - Punt
3 plays for negative 2 yards - Fumble
6 plays for positive 45 yards - Punt
6 plays for positive 16 yards - Punt

They didn’t have a drive that was longer than 3 minutes and they had 2 under 2 minutes with 1 of those being under a minute. How can you blame the defense for that?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you blame a defense for not stopping Tom Brady, that list is long.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what Duffman is saying is it was the worst example of complimentary team football. Call it insulting team ball.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go with Quinn just because I think it works with a kick ass OC under him, but I like the young Offensive Coordinators (Kevin O'Connell, Brian Callahan, Kellen Moore) and I still wish we had looked at Ravens OC Greg Roman.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the final group is a mix of Quinn, Hackett, Gannon, Moore, and Mayo, maybe all of them.

I found that out on Bleacher Report, but the link won’t post here.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the final group is a mix of Quinn, Hackett, Gannon, Moore, and Mayo, maybe all of them.

I found that out on Bleacher Report, but the link won’t post here.
If it has to be one of those then I'd go with Quinn or maybe Moore.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
Update: Broncos have narrowed the field down to 'a few,' per source involved. One candidate reached by Denver today came away with clear impression that it's down to two. But this leaves room if they want to add a third.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we don’t know by this week, might be a good indication that it’s Callahan or O’Connell.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I have seen neither are on the short list. I don’t the Broncos would hold off naming one of them the HC because they are still in the playoffs as that would potentially put them and the Broncos behind on finding coordinators.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn gets the blame but that choke in the SB is clearly on the Offense which was ran by Kyle Shanahan. Now if Quinn had more HC experience maybe he takes over midway through the collapse and tells Shanahan to call a better Offense but I don’t think you can see that SB loss and put it squarely on the shoulders of Quinn.

Quinn is also responsible for shutting down our Offense in the SB against Seattle so he can at least coach a hell of a defense and so if he gets the job and we actually give him an OC that isn’t on the same level as Pat Schumur he should be miles better than we’ve had recently.
Not following the logic here. Offense blows out Pat's in first half. Pats adjust at the half, like good teams do.
Brady passed 62 times in that game. They rushed 25 times, a couple of those being trick plays or scrambles. And 14 of those were in the first half. Defense did have a pick six, so let's not over emphasize how great the offense did. But 21 points on offense is a good first half.

But just 5 sacks all game against a one dimensional offense? Two in the first half? One interception?
Thats not on the coordinator. We also don't know if Quinn wanted to go ball control in the second half. Sure looks like it, with the majority of their passes being short and running almost half of their offensive plays.

I'd love to know the winning percentage of NFL teams who score 28 points. I'm sure its fairly high.
Blaming Shanahan for getting 21 points is a bit of a stretch. Buck stops at the top, which is Quinn.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I have seen neither are on the short list. I don’t the Broncos would hold off naming one of them the HC because they are still in the playoffs as that would potentially put them and the Broncos behind on finding coordinators.
Klis saying it's Quinn and Hackett. Both good choices, but prefer Hackett.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind any of the apparent final 3.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever it is, I have faith it is going to be the right guy for the Broncos to take the next step. I trust Paton until he gives me a reason not to, so far he has been really good, IMO.