• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Think Broncos Will Select as Head Coach?

Who Do You Believe Broncos Will Select as HC?

• Aaron Glenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Getsy

• Kellen Moore

• Jonathan Gannon

• Jerod Mayo

• Total voters

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klis on the morning news says the list is narrowed down to Quinn, Hackett and O'Connell with Quinn being the front runner.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer this goes the less I want Quinn. Especially if he is the lead because he is friends with Paton.
I'm not sure that is a negative. Paton needs someone who will let him acquire the talent - while the HC coaches. If Paton is close to the HC - that collaboration would seem to ensure better results.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it matters after watching the AFC this weekend. With Burrow, Allen and Mahomes in the AFC along with Herbert and Jackson who are just a notch below, the AFC is going to be a bloodbath for the next decade. Without a QB that can compete with so much QB talent in the AFC I am not sure it will matter who the coach is. Even if we could get Rodgers or Russ, they would be the 4th or 5th best QB in the AFC and they are old.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that is a negative. Paton needs someone who will let him acquire the talent - while the HC coaches. If Paton is close to the HC - that collaboration would seem to ensure better results.
The personal connection can also obfuscate HC decisions. Paton may ignore questionable actions or make questionable picks because Quinn and their connection.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure it matters after watching the AFC this weekend. With Burrow, Allen and Mahomes in the AFC along with Herbert and Jackson who are just a notch below, the AFC is going to be a bloodbath for the next decade. Without a QB that can compete with so much QB talent in the AFC I am not sure it will matter who the coach is. Even if we could get Rodgers or Russ, they would be the 4th or 5th best QB in the AFC and they are old.
One of the prime reasons I don’t want Rodgers. We will pay a ton for a couple years. Many fans say this is acceptable because we would be instant SB contenders. I don’t think that stands up to the scrutiny. AFC West alone will be harder than NFC north. I think more likely is that we pay a ton for some playoff appearances and then right back to needing that QB of the future.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it is important to keep the defense as one of the top units in the NFL. We need a good DC no matter who is the HC.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The personal connection can also obfuscate HC decisions. Paton may ignore questionable actions or make questionable picks because Quinn and their connection.
Yes - that is the range of potential we are looking at. I guess I trust Paton to make the right choice for the situation. There are a lot of things that can go wrong with people you don't know too.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the prime reasons I don’t want Rodgers. We will pay a ton for a couple years. Many fans say this is acceptable because we would be instant SB contenders. I don’t think that stands up to the scrutiny. AFC West alone will be harder than NFC north. I think more likely is that we pay a ton for some playoff appearances and then right back to needing that QB of the future.
Rodgers is great in the regular season, but seems to not play at the same level in the playoffs. If we are going to trade to boat load of picks, I prefer Wilson as he is 5 years younger, and his play doesn't seem to drop off as much in the playoffs.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is great in the regular season, but seems to not play at the same level in the playoffs. If we are going to trade to boat load of picks, I prefer Wilson as he is 5 years younger, and his play doesn't seem to drop off as much in the playoffs.
In my opinion, it’s a bit lazy just to look at any QBs playoff record and consider him a choker. They get too much credit at times and too much blame as well. For instance in the last 8 years, Rodgers has twice lost a playoff game that was an OT that GB never touched the ball, similar to the Bills last night. So do we blame him for that? Yes, we do if we only look at the record. With even an average special teams they win last Saturday. It’s still a team game.

How many times did Brady have, for him, relatively poor SB performances yet he won due to the Pats D? When Peyton won his SB with Denver we all know the D won that game. What were Elway‘s stats in his SB win vs the Packers? I honestly had forgotten, but his QBR was 51.9 with 123 total yards passing and 17 yards rushing.

I know it’s popular to say Rodgers should have won more playoff games than he did, and that’s not unfair. But a lot goes into winning the Lombardi. Which makes what Brady has done even more impressive.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, it’s a bit lazy just to look at any QBs playoff record and consider him a choker. They get too much credit at times and too much blame as well. For instance in the last 8 years, Rodgers has twice lost a playoff game that was an OT that GB never touched the ball, similar to the Bills last night. So do we blame him for that? Yes, we do if we only look at the record. With even an average special teams they win last Saturday. It’s still a team game.

How many times did Brady have, for him, relatively poor SB performances yet he won due to the Pats D? When Peyton won his SB with Denver we all know the D won that game. What were Elway‘s stats in his SB win vs the Packers? I honestly had forgotten, but his QBR was 51.9 with 123 total yards passing and 17 yards rushing.

I know it’s popular to say Rodgers should have won more playoff games than he did, and that’s not unfair. But a lot goes into winning the Lombardi. Which makes what Brady has done even more impressive.
Mahomes
Herbert
Carr

After the last 6 yrs we are splitting hairs over a 1st ballot HOF QB playoff record. I'd like to see the playoffs at this point. After this weekend if you can't see the AFC landscape right now Teddy Drew Cousins isn't getting you anywhere AFC is LOADED with great YOUNG QB's. Barring an injury Denver is vying with rest of AFC for ONE playoff spot.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PFT:
Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett was identified as one of three finalists for the Broncos head coaching job and he’s making his case for the position on Monday.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that Hackett will have his second interview with the team. The interview will take place in Denver.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn and Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell are the other coaches still in the mix. Mike Klis of KUSA reports Quinn is expected to be in Denver to interview at some point this week, but O’Connell can’t have another meeting with the team until after the NFC title game.

Hackett has also interviewed with the Jaguars, Bears, and Vikings this month

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the people saying they don’t want Rogers because we won’t have a quarterback in a couple years when he retires, did y’all forget we don’t have a quarterback NOW?
Nope. But do you want to drop 3 1sts, additional draft picks/players for a QB that won’t be around in 3 years?

Look at it this way. Would you get a 7 year loan on a car that will only last you 3? We trade for Rodgers and we sacrifice a ton of future talent. And then after he retires, not only are we scrambling to find a QB but also all that talent we missed over the years for other positions.

And this calculus is all based on Rodgers suddenly making broncos relevant. What is considered successful? Playoffs? SB appearances? SB win? Multiple wins? I don’t see Rodgers guaranteeing us SB appearances. So are playoffs good enough? Not for me. Not at the costs of 3-5 years worth of talent.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just kept looking at Allen yesterday and wondering what could have been if elway had drafted him.

It's obfuscating to think such a great QB of the past couldn't recognize himself in Josh Allen.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it is important to keep the defense as one of the top units in the NFL. We need a good DC no matter who is the HC.
Maybe. The Bills D was the top ranked D in the NFL and the only reason the Bills were in and should have won that game was their offense. I don't care who you put up on the other side of Allen or Mahomes on defense you better be able to score some points on offense. While Denver held Mahomes to limited points it was also likely due to Mahomes and Reid being conservative knowing Denver couldn't score points.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. The Bills D was the top ranked D in the NFL and the only reason the Bills were in and should have won that game was their offense. I don't care who you put up on the other side of Allen or Mahomes on defense you better be able to score some points on offense. While Denver held Mahomes to limited points it was also likely due to Mahomes and Reid being conservative knowing Denver couldn't score points.
The Broncos need to score more points. But do you think this team can be successful getting into a shootout with Buffalo or KC? Put Rodgers or Wilson in this offense and then is this team in a place to win a shootout? I think we need to be real that if we the Broncos are competing with either of these teams, needs to be much, much better on offense, and maintain a very good defense.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the people saying they don’t want Rogers because we won’t have a quarterback in a couple years when he retires, did y’all forget we don’t have a quarterback NOW?
Agreed .. and if it is for 2 or 3 seasons, so be it ... The organization will become relevant again, we can disrupt KC in their prime, and the Broncos will be a desirable landing spot ..

It will continue the tradition that has been established by two of the greatest to ever play the game

And nothing starts a new ownership off like a few SB runs

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not realize that Dan Quinn was born in Morristown, NJ, which happens to be where I was born, and where my business is located ..

ok, you can stop yawning now