• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you drop?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after forgetting to check the inactive list and starting Ford and Cooper with Watson out, I have failed to notice that I have quite the bye week predicament this week and will be forced to drop someone that I don't really want to. In our league, anyone dropped this week is ineligible to be picked up until next week, where it would be a blind bid auction waiver move.

I have already come to grips that I will have to drop my punter, who I should probably be able to get back for a couple of bucks next week. But I need 1 more roster spot and here are the candidates...

Tyjae Spears - I traded Henry last week and still have Spears in the hopes that Henry gets traded irl and Spears can get a shot at the feature role. Good chance I can get him back next week, but I know the guy I traded Henry to will be watching if he hits the scrap heap. A couple other guys may be interested as well.

Jaylen Warren - I feel like he is a very strong candidate because his bye week is next week and not many people will want to pick him up when they know they can't play him that week. I feel like the only way I am in serious danger of losing him is if there is an injury to Najee this week.

Drake London - Honestly, I feel like he is the one that I can probably most afford to drop as he is my 4th WR and unless he blows up next week, I should be able to get him back for cheap.

Dak Prescott - I just grabbed Fields off the wire, but I would feel much better about playing matchups with the 2 rather than relying on the boom or bust of Fields.

Here is the rest of my roster (the offense, anyway) for reference...

QB - Dak, Fields
RB - Rhamondre, Achane, Ford, Najee
WR - Diggs, Olave, A. Cooper
TE - Andrews

As always, any input is appreciated.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drop Dak

I think Fields has a few nice matchups in a row that will allow you to gauge the remaining QB2 market for someone to play behind Fields if you still want to pursue that strategy

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, after forgetting to check the inactive list and starting Ford and Cooper with Watson out, I have failed to notice that I have quite the bye week predicament this week and will be forced to drop someone that I don't really want to. In our league, anyone dropped this week is ineligible to be picked up until next week, where it would be a blind bid auction waiver move.

I have already come to grips that I will have to drop my punter, who I should probably be able to get back for a couple of bucks next week. But I need 1 more roster spot and here are the candidates...

Tyjae Spears - I traded Henry last week and still have Spears in the hopes that Henry gets traded irl and Spears can get a shot at the feature role. Good chance I can get him back next week, but I know the guy I traded Henry to will be watching if he hits the scrap heap. A couple other guys may be interested as well.

Jaylen Warren - I feel like he is a very strong candidate because his bye week is next week and not many people will want to pick him up when they know they can't play him that week. I feel like the only way I am in serious danger of losing him is if there is an injury to Najee this week.

Drake London - Honestly, I feel like he is the one that I can probably most afford to drop as he is my 4th WR and unless he blows up next week, I should be able to get him back for cheap.

Dak Prescott - I just grabbed Fields off the wire, but I would feel much better about playing matchups with the 2 rather than relying on the boom or bust of Fields.

Here is the rest of my roster (the offense, anyway) for reference...

QB - Dak, Fields
RB - Rhamondre, Achane, Ford, Najee
WR - Diggs, Olave, A. Cooper
TE - Andrews

As always, any input is appreciated.

I say Dak as well. Not like his floor is made of steel.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just traded Dak and a mid pick for TLaw.

Dangling Drake London around and seeing if I can get anything for him.

Ford + London for something with a little more oomph?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford + London for something with a little more oomph?
Haven't gotten far with London. Nobody is interested. Until he gets dropped. Then everyone will tell me how much they would've given up for him.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't gotten far with London. Nobody is interested. Until he gets dropped. Then everyone will tell me how much they would've given up for him.

one of the few guys I like in dynasty but avoided in redraft, total TD-or-bust in their low-volume passing attack

we know the offensive philosophy isn't shifting, so that means London managers are hoping for a change to Heinicke leading to better targets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the few guys I like in dynasty but avoided in redraft, total TD-or-bust in their low-volume passing attack

we know the offensive philosophy isn't shifting, so that means London managers are hoping for a change to Heinicke leading to better targets
Yep I was the same way. I own him in dynasties, didn't lay a finger on him in any redrafts

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, of that list the only true droppable (after the trade for TLaw) is London. ... as long as Arthur Smith is calling shots, to copy Monkey's thoughts, there will be no pass-catchers (other than Bijan) worth the time of day. They probably will have a few big days but it's not worth waiting for IMO. .... same story with Pitts. ...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize you already traded Dak, but since I also have him, was looking at his splits and he actually does pretty well vs SF. He doesn't have good October stats tho.
Either Dak or Fields for me this week and I've already given up on Fields.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize you already traded Dak, but since I also have him, was looking at his splits and he actually does pretty well vs SF. He doesn't have good October stats tho.
Either Dak or Fields for me this week and I've already given up on Fields.
Battling between Fields and TLaw. Was leaning Fields, but have been 2nd guessing since last night.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it makes you feel better I am starting Stroud over Fields bc I don't have confidence in Fields.

Fields is the right start... BUT he is playing thursday!!! there is a weird psychological phenomenon that nobody wants to take a risk on thusday games.... nobody wants to have 3 days of seeing how badly a player performed...

I do think if Fields was playing on sunday, he would be started at a higher percentage....

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a weird psychological phenomenon that nobody wants to take a risk on thusday games....
Just looked at week 1 thru 4...

Other than Detroit (21), the winning team scored over 30 points. Loser averaged 20.

QB vs the Commanders have scored the 10th-most fantasy points (avg 20).

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is the right start... BUT he is playing thursday!!! there is a weird psychological phenomenon that nobody wants to take a risk on thusday games.... nobody wants to have 3 days of seeing how badly a player performed...

I do think if Fields was playing on sunday, he would be started at a higher percentage....
Conversely, its nice to have that big head start on Thursday sitting there for 3 days. I've never really noticed a big difference on Thursday games..some have good days, some have bad days..same as Sundays and Mondays. But like you said, that pyschological piece of seeing it for 3 days, with that being the only game, for 3 days, those negative, or not so positive results, seem worse than they really were.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at week 1 thru 4...

Other than Detroit (21), the winning team scored over 30 points. Loser averaged 20.

This is a perfect example of causation vs correlation... finding trends is hard... but finding trends that are actually meaningful is much harder...