• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 9 Waivers

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 teams. 1/20 yards, 4 pt TDs, bonus points for plays over 40 yards.

Looks like I am going to need a QB this week with Lawrence on bye and Fields and Kyler not expected to be ready yet. 2 part question...

Who do I get?

Who do I drop?

QBs available...

Howell @ NE
Baker Mayfield @ HOU
Carr vs CHI
Geno Smith @ BAL
Ridder/Heinekie vs MIN
Daniel Jones @ LV
Levis @ PIT

A couple of others that I doubt are worth mentioning.

My players to drop...

Darrell Henderson @ GB
Tyjae Spears @ PIT
Najee Harris or Jaylen Warren vs TEN
Jerome Ford @ HOU

I guess it has to be Spears and a prayer to the fantasy Gods that Henry doesn't get hurt Thursday night, right? I would say Henderson, but I may have to start him this week unless I plan on starting one of the other candidates. I feel like Ford will get more touches the healthier he gets and Pittsburgh's backfield should sort itself out eventually. I'm probably more concerned with who to drop than who to pick up.

Last mention which may factor in here is that we use a blind bid waiver system with real money. So, I can bid on whomever I drop and have a shot at getting them back.

As always, thanks in advance.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time of yr - it maybe worthwhile to check the weather. ..... otherwise, it's Howell for me as well - though Carr vs CHI is probably a 'safe bet'.
I'd say Spears is the drop

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Howell. He's been a sneaky good fantasy QB this year. NE's defense can sometimes give teams problems but I'll still roll with him. If that overly concerns you, Mayfield would be my next option. He's been fairly consistent, usually good for 2 TDs and 200+ yards each game.

I'd probably go Spears with the drop but if you really want the handcuff, drop one of the Pittsburg backs. Their run game sucks and it looks like neither is gonna have good value unless one of them gets hurt so the other can get all the touches. Plus since its blind bid, you can probably get whoever back. I don't expect people will be rushing out to get any of them

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell all day long Hes the 8th best QB in most leagues He looks like the next Matt Ryan:suds:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my 1st thought is to say Howell as well

but funny story.
Last week I almost had to utter words no one would have ever thought imaginable.
Almost had to say "I would have won if I started mayfield over mahomes!"
Luckily Laporta came through for me, & gave me a come from behind victory so I wouldnt have to utter those words.

Howell or mayfield

I would lean towards Howell with the skins dumping both of their edge rushers. Maybe playing from behind.
but with them playing NE & their Anemic offense. maybe not. Which brings Mayfield back into the picture. but should be one of those two.

Unless you want to swing for the fences with Levis throwing all those TDs two weeks in a row. with bonus points for long plays. He could be considered. Dont think the titans will stop attempting to throw the deep ball with levis.